Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: [Discussion] Chivalry II : SV 3.x - Suggestions and Feedback

Default Re: Chivalry II : The Sicilian Vespers - Suggestions and Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by algorath View Post
    @SicilianVespers
    What do u think about introducing some sort of educational system for generals/familymembers

This is already in the mod, courtesy of BBB.

Is there a way to make the AI build forts at their borders and actually use them?
    I don't think so, but I plan to place more starting forts in each campaign.

The pope usually excommunicates the HRE...How about the possibility of electing a counterpope and an Emperor for the HRE?
    Anti-Popes, this would be ideal

The AI should be forced to call Jihads and Crusades only on important citys, maybe only capitals, so they dont just go for some rebelsettlements and boring stuff^^
    Jihads are usually very boring, would be great if they aim for citys in europe too

I miss some sort of crusade thing for byzantium, donŽt know if thats possible, iŽd like that however
    We tried to limit crusade/jihad targets to historic places, but I will review them.

IŽd like more mercenarys, like the amount and quality you can get in and around italy
    This is in progress, and more mercs will be made available via the AOR buildings as well.

IŽd also love lithuania and the teutonic order put back in the game...but u already know that

If you need help gathering new quotes for the loading screen iŽd be happy to help out
    This would be great

Edit: One more thing, is it possible to config the AI so it can actually sail somewhere, unload its troops and conquer? e.g. Jerusalem, they just sit there on cypres. Would be fun if Jihad/Crusader armies would travel by see
    The AI already launches seaborne invasions, at lease in the case of Venice and Genoa. I have actually observed Venice land invasion forces in Corfu, and actually bring in reinforcements over multiple turns before attacking

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

We tried to limit crusade/jihad targets to historic places, but I will review them.
    What are they?

Quote Originally Posted by motiv-8 View Post
    What are they?

I don't know them off the top of my head, but they are the only settlements listed in the crusade/jihad target screen.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

What are they?
    You can find them in the descr_regions file (hidden_resource "jihad" and "crusade" below the regions tag), but the engine refuses to use them exclusively, i think there is some hardcode in this regard.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by SicilianVespers View Post
    I don't know them off the top of my head, but they are the only settlements listed in the crusade/jihad target screen.
    Well, this is for the human player valid, not for the AI (engine steered), afaik.
    Edit: (bold) I mean, the crusades and jihads that are launched by the AI
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 04, 2008 at 07:36 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Looking at the file, I personally think there are too many crusade targets in the Baltic region, but that's just me. Does the engine list Tunis, Cordoba, and Damietta as crusade targets? If not, they should be added because historically they were the targets of major crusading efforts.

Patrician Artifex

Looking at the file, I personally think there are too many crusade targets in the Baltic region, but that's just me. Does the engine list Tunis, Cordoba, and Damietta as crusade targets? If not, they should be added because historically they were the targets of major crusading efforts.
    In which folder did you look? The descr_regions file is differently coded by me per era campaign (concerns Late, Early and Renaissance camp, at least, as i didn't look which file has been taken by SV for High era and Dark Age, but i believe he took the Early era camp files as basement).
    And of course they can be adjusted, so these targets will fit at best per era campaign. If you do this by yourself, then you have to delete the map.rwn file of the concerning camp folder.
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 04, 2008 at 02:48 PM.

No, that isn't a banana

First impressions...

I appreicate the effort to include multiple eras in the launcher - what a great idea. So much potential to include so many other things.

I chose the Early Era, as it has always been my favourite period, and selected Sicily since played them since MTW I.

Great work on including different building types, and building options. Definitely more "thinking" involved when selecting what to construct as there are negative and positive effects.

The strat map felt a little "clunky" to me - I experienced lag during my game that I have never encountered with other mods. Not sure if CTW is the cause, or if my PC just had a hiccup.

Excellent work on the rebel faction - much tougher to conquer. Combined with a very slow growing economy, it is very difficult to blitz during the early stages of the game.

If I can make one suggestion, it would be to increase movement points of agents.

2TPY is also a good choice - anything more and I think the game would be a drag (IMO) - I rarely make it to 1300...

The battles are ok. Even with the garrison script I had little difficulty conquering rebel settlements. The AI seemed to route too quickly (although unit quality was probably the cause). I hope, as I progress, I will find battles to be more difficult. Time will tell.

I did encounter a disappointing bug (or just a fluke) involving missions - not sure if it was caused by C2TW or M2TW - but I was promised 2500 florins for a mission, but was rewarded units instead. It was heartbreaking as I was in desperate need of the money...oh well, c'est la vie.

Overall, I am impressed. I have been playing SS for a while now, and I find this a refreshing change of pace.

Stinkfloyd's Avatar Tiro

Ok, I played through an early campaign as Sicily and I think this mod is great. One thing though, I noticed that several factions (Aragon, Genoa, Bulgarians, Kipchaks, and Castille) all were destroyed. None of them was "conquered", each seemed to be taken over by rebels. I think they must have lost all their family members. Can that be fixed in any way? Maybe with a script?
    Last edited by Stinkfloyd; September 05, 2008 at 09:33 AM.

Odovacar's Avatar I am with Europe!

Great mod. I love the skins, the factions, The correct general models.
    The mercenaries, the buildings and the knight plus overall balance.

Suggestion:
    -Names should be corrected especially starting names. As I remember Hungary starts with King Laszlo in 1311. They should have Anjou kings.
    Historical names project took care of the problem already.

-A great khan title would be good if you conquer Golden Horde territory as islamic nation.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB HORSEARCHER
    quis enim dubitat quin multis iam saeculis, ex quo vires illius ad Romanorum nomen accesserint, Italia quidem sit gentium domina gloriae vetustate sed Pannonia virtute

Sorry Armenia, for the rascals who lead us.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkfloyd View Post
    Ok, I played through an early campaign as Sicily and I think this mod is great. One thing though, I noticed that several factions (Aragon, Genoa, Bulgarians, Kipchaks, and Castille) all were destroyed. None of them was "conquered", each seemed to be taken over by rebels. I think they must have lost all their family members. Can that be fixed in any way? Maybe with a script?
    I need to fix some certain triggers of the traits file soon, as it might be that it is responsible.

Thanks for the innovative and interesting mod!

For balancing, Scotland needs some loving. Even on M/M difficulty and building nothing at all, the cost of the starting army depletes the entire treasury in a few turns and then goes negative and stays there. It is possible, barely, to take Inverness with the starting army; but since it is a castle, it doesn't provide enough income to make a diffference. Since Dumfries is also a castle and Edinburgh has limited initial options for building income-generating buildings quick enough to overcome the financial hole, the player has no options to avoid bankruptcy playing Scotland.

I think perhaps Dumfries needs to start as a town as well as Edinburgh, with at least one more income-generating building to start. Perhaps a starting merchant would help as well, or increasing the king's purse substantially. When the player's income has stabilized, then Inverness can be taken to provide a castle.

I suspect several other of the small factions start with the same financial problems; but I haven't yet tested them.

HI, really enjoying 3.0. I do however have a small list of things that I think needs a bit of repair.

Cannons, very weak. I fired one point blank at a castle gate eating up all my ammo and may have very well been shooting pillows out of it. Did almost nothing.

Invisible horses in the Baltics - very weird.

Pirate navy - wow, every time I try and use a ship I'm surrounded by 8 pirate ships and destroyed.

economy- I think it's a bit too harsh. The only way to get any where at start up is to disband most of my units and build for 60 turns until I can afford an army.

Rebels in general need to be toned down a bit. They seem to be overthrowing everyone.

Other than that, great mod!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mogons View Post
    Thanks for the innovative and interesting mod!

For balancing, Scotland needs some loving. Even on M/M difficulty and building nothing at all, the cost of the starting army depletes the entire treasury in a few turns and then goes negative and stays there. It is possible, barely, to take Inverness with the starting army; but since it is a castle, it doesn't provide enough income to make a diffference. Since Dumfries is also a castle and Edinburgh has limited initial options for building income-generating buildings quick enough to overcome the financial hole, the player has no options to avoid bankruptcy playing Scotland.

I think perhaps Dumfries needs to start as a town as well as Edinburgh, with at least one more income-generating building to start. Perhaps a starting merchant would help as well, or increasing the king's purse substantially. When the player's income has stabilized, then Inverness can be taken to provide a castle.

I suspect several other of the small factions start with the same financial problems; but I haven't yet tested them.
    The AI seems do do very well with Scotland in High, as they managed to take all of Ireland. I will see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Dork View Post
    HI, really enjoying 3.0. I do however have a small list of things that I think needs a bit of repair.

Cannons, very weak. I fired one point blank at a castle gate eating up all my ammo and may have very well been shooting pillows out of it. Did almost nothing.
    In my high campaign, it takes 2 units of Bombards to bring down a gate, maybe try adding another unit for now.

Invisible horses in the Baltics - very weird.
    Do you know which unit? I an guessing it was rebel Teutonic Knights?

Pirate navy - wow, every time I try and use a ship I'm surrounded by 8 pirate ships and destroyed.
    This will definitely be fixed in the first patch.

economy- I think it's a bit too harsh. The only way to get any where at start up is to disband most of my units and build for 60 turns until I can afford an army.
    This is the middle agaes, everyone was Pi$$ poor. It just takes getting used to. Keep your characters in settlements until you need them, and use free upkeep units to garrison settlements (hint...levies are free upkeep in castles and towns). Also, forts will give free upkeep for two units (any type, so maybe keep you high upkeep knights in them ).

Rebels in general need to be toned down a bit. They seem to be overthrowing everyone.
    I think we still have a problem with rebellions. In High I saw the Mongols crush the Rus, only to lose their heartland to rebellion. It looks like heresy is the problem here.

Other than that, great mod!!
    Thanks
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; September 07, 2008 at 01:46 PM.

Hello everyone.
    Just one question. Are (standard european) musketeers recruitable? Couldn't find them as genoa in my renaissance campaign. If yes, where/how? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Blutaxt II View Post
    Hello everyone.
    Just one question. Are (standard european) musketeers recruitable? Couldn't find them as genoa in my renaissance campaign. If yes, where/how? Thank you.
    You need to wait for the "Invention of the musket" event, it should occur around 1456 or so.

You need to wait for the "Invention of the musket" event, it should occur around 1456 or so.

Yep. Thank you very much.
    I guess SV has brought me back to playing medieval. The mods i tried before (DLV and PDER) are just toooo damn slow. It's also the only mod i know that features non-ahistorical vikings...
    Keeps me from rebuying medieval I + viking invasion.

No, that isn't a banana

Siege Weapons:

As they are now - totally useless except in open combat (and I hate the idea of using them in anything other then siege battles).

I've brought 3+ catapults/trebuchets to a siege and didn't get the gates above 60% damage....

Either increase ammo significantly, or increase damage caused, or significantly reduce the strength of walls and gates.

I find that the economy is slow to start, but the key is definitely in micro-managing garrison units. Forts seem to really help in this aspect. I am at 1200 as GEnoa and the cash is just rolling in to beat the band. I've almost got too much now!

One thing I think that desperately needs a makeover is the stack spamming the AI does. The money script is only fuelling this fire...I see stack upon stack just cluttering up the map. This doesn't make it anymore difficult, it just makes it more time consuming.

Genoan City guards are crazy-powerful. I mean they are insane! Virtually indestructible. I understand why you kept pike units in perma-pike formation, but there may be a balancing issue with some of the unit stats.

Quote Originally Posted by OTZ View Post
    Siege Weapons:

As they are now - totally useless except in open combat (and I hate the idea of using them in anything other then siege battles).

I've brought 3+ catapults/trebuchets to a siege and didn't get the gates above 60% damage....

Either increase ammo significantly, or increase damage caused, or significantly reduce the strength of walls and gates.
    We'll have to look at this in more detail.

- This helps to deter the use of siege weapons to by pass the garrison script.

- Dragging siege equipment across Europe isn't really realistic. (Ideally, they should really be built on the spot, or if they are transported, they should cut the movement of the stack in 1/2 when travelling)

More thought needs to go into this....

I find that the economy is slow to start, but the key is definitely in micro-managing garrison units. Forts seem to really help in this aspect. I am at 1200 as GEnoa and the cash is just rolling in to beat the band. I've almost got too much now!
    It just takes some getting used to. I guess SV is really targeted toward the veteran players. New players to SV will get a real shock it they play their first campaign on VH/VH

One thing I think that desperately needs a makeover is the stack spamming the AI does. The money script is only fuelling this fire...I see stack upon stack just cluttering up the map. This doesn't make it anymore difficult, it just makes it more time consuming.
    I have a test script in one of the campaigns, that spawns stacks to help the AI recover its home territories. You must have run into this?

Genoan City guards are crazy-powerful. I mean they are insane! Virtually indestructible. I understand why you kept pike units in perma-pike formation, but there may be a balancing issue with some of the unit stats.
    I noticed this as well, I was able to stop the HRE in the DA, by placing GCG in my alpine forts. They have to be one of the toughest units in the mod. They probably will get some tweaking.

I am also thinking of enabling some of the other formations, to see how Kingdoms deals with them. Spearwall for the Danes, Anglo-Saxons, and Italian Spear Militia, and giving square back to the Pike units (in addition to phalanx).

Will have to discuss this with DV.

No, that isn't a banana

Quote Originally Posted by SicilianVespers View Post
    We'll have to look at this in more detail.

- This helps to deter the use of siege weapons to by pass the garrison script.

- Dragging siege equipment across Europe isn't really realistic. (Ideally, they should really be built on the spot, or if they are transported, they should cut the movement of the stack in 1/2 when travelling)

More thought needs to go into this....
    I can support deterring their use to bypass the script, but making them ineffective to the point where they have no use is counterproductive. Why have them in at all if they can't take down a gate or a wall? I can just as easily use spies to get past the garrison script if need be.

I'd reccommend getting rid of them altogether, and replacing the building and unit slots with something new. Personally, I don't use them as is, nor will I construct the siege structures...

It just takes some getting used to. I guess SV is really targeted toward the veteran players. New players to SV will get a real shock it they play their first campaign on VH/VH
    Yep, and hopefully this won't turn too many people off. I like it - it enforce a slower pace to the game (up until a point of course).

I have a test script in one of the campaigns, that spawns stacks to help the AI recover its home territories. You must have run into this?
    Could be - I am playing the Early Era. As Genoa, I have captured Cordoba, but the problem isn't stacks of Moors - it's stacks of Spanish and Portuguese troops that aren't doing anything at all. Likewise with France, several large stackes circling the wagons around Marseille.

I know the behaviour is more or less M2TW, rather than your mod, but the sheer volume of stacks is a result of the mod. I think the game can be just as difficult (or fun) without having to spend hours fighting stack after stack.

Perhaps getting rid of that spawn-script, or reducing recruitment pools.

I noticed this as well, I was able to stop the HRE in the DA, by placing GCG in my alpine forts. They have to be one of the toughest units in the mod. They probably will get some tweaking.
    Wait until they get 3 Gold Chevrons of experience, and an armour upgrade. I feel bad for the AI having to face these guys...lol.

I might also suggest a reduction in the availability of levy units. I haven't looked at your EDB file, so I don't know what is possible - but having the ability to recruit 3 different levy spearmen with the same unit stats just clutters up the recruitment pool. I'll take a peek at some of your files to see if I can make some actual suggestions on how to improve upon the AoR aspect of your mod.

Anyway, it's a great mod. You guys have done soe fantastic work on it.