Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: TTW 4.50 modfolder edition (Most up-to-date version)

Default Re: TTW 4.50 modfolder edition

Quote Originally Posted by TOLAROscipii View Post
    is this game anything like troy the movie

Some elements.

Laetus

Icon14 Re: TTW 4.50 modfolder edition

nice mod
    Last edited by DragonSlayerrrrr; March 01, 2009 at 06:10 PM.

madrush's Avatar Senator

it is fun to play as well

Are all the cites suppost to be that "Oasis" style, like The Egyptians of vanilla.?

Quote Originally Posted by amorales559 View Post
    Are all the cites suppost to be that "Oasis" style, like The Egyptians of vanilla.?

Great stuff!

Indefinitely Banned

downloading

madrush's Avatar Senator

have fun with it. I know you will

Nice mod. I'm enjoying this one.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

when i play this it really feels like the movie but why are paris and hektor characters far from troy?

Reverend Scott's Avatar Senator

First of all- I love this mod, and play it regularly. Thanks for making it!
    Secondly- any thoughts as to ever porting it over to M2TW? I can just barely imagine how awesome that could be.
    www.samsarra.com
    iTunes:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id498281682?ign-mpt=uo%3D5
    Proud Beta tester for 300 Warlords of Sparta
    Proud Beta tester for Hic Est Lacedaemon
    Proud Beta tester for British East India Company - The Indian Mutiny (BEIC)
    Proud Beta tester for American Civil War - The Blue and the Grey 2.65-3.0

Hi guys,
    My problem is very small, as the mod installed fine (fun to play, too!)
    Here is the question:
    I had Troy TW-mf installed on my system with a bunch of other mods in modfolders. Then I attempted to install another mod which I though was modfoldered, but wasn't. Now I have re-installed Rome and Barbarian (the Gold Edition), and am re-installing my favorite mods.
    My question is this: on my old installation of Troy, the main menu had a black kind of scrolling background of still images (probably from Troy the movie, or similar). My install of a few minutes ago has all the Troy menus as before, but now the background is the stock Rome / Barbarian TW background.
    Not necessarily a problem, you see, as the game plays fine, but I was wondering if something didn't install right, or if that previous montage background was removed because it might have CTD'd some weaker computers...

Quote Originally Posted by DonDiego256 View Post
    Hi guys,
    My problem is very small, as the mod installed fine (fun to play, too!)
    Here is the question:
    I had Troy TW-mf installed on my system with a bunch of other mods in modfolders. Then I attempted to install another mod which I though was modfoldered, but wasn't. Now I have re-installed Rome and Barbarian (the Gold Edition), and am re-installing my favorite mods.
    My question is this: on my old installation of Troy, the main menu had a black kind of scrolling background of still images (probably from Troy the movie, or similar). My install of a few minutes ago has all the Troy menus as before, but now the background is the stock Rome / Barbarian TW background.
    Not necessarily a problem, you see, as the game plays fine, but I was wondering if something didn't install right, or if that previous montage background was removed because it might have CTD'd some weaker computers...
    It sounds like something went wrong with your installation. That menu video which was composed from futage of the 3rd troy trailer should still be part of the installation.

I realised the problem:
    I made a change in the mod:switch, adding -nm so the intro movie wouldn't be played, but I think somehow it disabled the scrolling menu. As I said, it doesn't affect game play.

Finch's Avatar is Deadpool
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

thats a good thing
    Last edited by Finch; March 22, 2009 at 10:33 PM.

ttw has a ctd when i try to open up the trojan wars, i am vista and i can do everything except for that. i installed as administrator.

Looks like a great mod. But I'm having trouble installing it. When I run it, it says that it can't load the mount database, and its missing the model for heavy_horse1. Any ideas what could be causing this? I'm running XP, and I only have mod foldered mods installed.

Quote Originally Posted by phileas View Post
    Looks like a great mod. But I'm having trouble installing it. When I run it, it says that it can't load the mount database, and its missing the model for heavy_horse1. Any ideas what could be causing this? I'm running XP, and I only have mod foldered mods installed.
    I don't know what causes this, though from memory I think some other people have had the same problem. You should try to look through thr bug thread there may be a solution in there. Other than that Nero666 is ythe man who can help.

Thanks Zhuge. I got it to work. Turns out my installation of BI-TW wasn't clean -- had RTR on it.

The campaign is fun, but is there a way to recreate some of the Trojan war stories -- like a bunch of allies together fighting Troy? and trying to sack it? Seems like in the campaign, you pretty have to conquer Greece and do it all yourself. I had only one allied battle so far and it was purely by accident...
    Last edited by phileas; June 13, 2009 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Edit: Figured out CTD myself so don't need to ask

wait for aristeia is what i expect will be the reply...