Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: TTW 4.50 modfolder edition (Most up-to-date version)

Default Re: TTW 4.50 modfolder edition

@J-Plague: There are two download links available. If one doesn't work, you should try the other one. Hopefully that helps
    @Madrush: The installer should've placed a new shortcut on your desktop, from which you can launch the game. It's got its own icon and is called Troy. Is it there?
    Automating RTW Coding and Balancing with PHP and MySQL (online)

Lead developer of:

Latest RoP Release: ROP v2.2
    Under the Patronage of the magnificent Rez

madrush's Avatar Senator

Ok I reistalled the whole game over again in a different file and NOW its worken thanks man

Whenever i try to install, it installs, but no modfolder shows up where i directed it, and the troy shortcut starts RTR, even thought the location of the shortcut goes to ""C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -mod:TTW"
    I don't even get how RTR is able to run off the RTW-BI exe file when it's all in my RTW vanilla folders? I know
    Last edited by J-Plague; October 15, 2008 at 12:18 PM.

madrush's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by J-Plague View Post
    Whenever i try to install, it installs, but no modfolder shows up where i directed it, and the troy shortcut starts RTR, even thought the location of the shortcut goes to ""C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -mod:TTW"
    I don't even get how RTR is able to run off the RTW-BI exe file when it's all in my RTW vanilla folders? I know
    did you try reinstalling it? and some times the folder would be called "The Creative Assembly", try saving the files in there and not in the RTW-BI folder. Hey it worked for me maybe you?:hmmm:

I suspect that you're using Vista, as am I. In that case you should right-click->run as adminstrator, else the installer just skips everything.
    Also, the normal RTR is not modfoldered as far as I know (RTRPE is, I think). That means it is not compatible with ROP and you should have a separate installation to install modfoldered mods to (ROP, EB, FATW, etc, etc).

Lead developer of:

madrush's Avatar Senator

no no Im using XP because my opinion for vista is that it has WAY to many bugs.
    Back to the point, I had to reinstall the game only once cuz I did know where to put the files, I figured that since most my mods work 1 folder in "The Creative Assembley" that this mod/game would work the same as well and it does.

Vista is not that buggy, it just has some annoying features (like asking for permission for file changes twice or three times if you're lucky ).
    Back to the point: actually my previous message was meant for J-Plague - should've mentioned that, sorry

Lead developer of:

madrush's Avatar Senator

eeehhhh but still, still very buggy

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Screens ?

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Slightly off topic here, but...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero666 View Post
    Vista is not that buggy, it just has some annoying features (like asking for permission for file changes twice or three times if you're lucky ).
    That's a good thing, IMO. Increased security isn't a bug. If I want a file change to occur, I see nothing wrong with confirming it a couple of times.

It's XP I could never figure out how to do anything on.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    It's XP I could never figure out how to do anything on.

Nope increased security is very good, but I'd rather see it to be more linux-like where you have to fill in a password to change system files. That's safer and less annoying than clicking twice or three times, and finding out afterwards that you don't have enough user rights to store anything there in the first place - which happens often when I'm modding game files directly in the program files directory, for instance.

I could show some screens, but it's pretty much exactly the same as the official TTW 4.0 + 4.50 releases combined. Will see if I can make the first post somewhat more attractive

Lead developer of:

Just to ask. I know it's the root of Rome where you must install the game. Is the root of Rome this one: Program Files/Activision/Rome - Total War.

Quote Originally Posted by kingtaso View Post
    Just to ask. I know it's the root of Rome where you must install the game. Is the root of Rome this one: Program Files/Activision/Rome - Total War.
    No it's where Rome is at present. I usually don't put it in C/Pr Files/Activision/RTW. But if you put it there than there you go.

That is the typical root folder, yes.

Well, already installed the game, and it is great. But shouldn't Odysseus, Achilles and all the heroes have special models and bodyguard units. They just look like a normal faction leader. Except they have better stats than normal faction leaders. Odysseuss is just like his son Telemachus (think that's the name).

Well, already installed the game, and it is great. But shouldn't Odysseus, Achilles and all the heroes have special models and bodyguard units. They just look like a normal faction leader. Except they have better stats than normal faction leaders. Odysseuss is just like his son Telemachus (think that's the name).
    As the mod runs on BI it is not possible to make individual generals, unfortunately.

Well, too bad. But anyway this game rocks. I'm about to finish Mikenai already with Ithaca and I've been playing about 10 turns.

madrush's Avatar Senator

Ithaca, Phythia, Troy and Sparta are my favorites

Indefinitely Banned

confirmed that this will not overwrite any vanilla files
    Last edited by Prince Nuada; October 23, 2008 at 11:43 AM.