Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Advanced Family Trees - IMAGE HEAVY

D.Vallier's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Advanced Family Trees - IMAGE HEAVY

Hey, guys! I finally made it!!!
    I found the M2TWsystem.log.txt and there were the errors, very specifically so I could fix them!
    I just had to make some changes in descr_campaign_db.xml so the game would accept my mod.
    I'm really sorry for my stupidity about computers And thank you so much for the interest in help me! Really, guys, thank you very much, for the tutorial and all
    Now I have a beautiful sicilian family tree, large and perfect! heheh

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Glad to hear.

Bowden's Avatar Ducenarius

I just came up with something:
    Earlier on there was a discussion about "Died peacefully" in pre-start died family members.
    Perhaps there is a text file somewhere which shows just what it should be putting there (like the faction leader's title in expanded.txt)?

*goes venturing*

Edit: found it. In the data\text\strat.txt it says

{SMT_DIED}Died peacefully:

I reckon this can be altered.

Edit: Confirmed. This can be altered.

Sounds like a lame problem but I CANNOT find the names.txt file. All i found was the descr_names.txt and the names.txt.strings.bin (which I can't read). Any help?

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Quote Originally Posted by Koalakonnor View Post
    Sounds like a lame problem but I CANNOT find the names.txt file. All i found was the descr_names.txt and the names.txt.strings.bin (which I can't read). Any help?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=585726

I love you guys :') thanks for the speedy responce

hallo
    I am quite new to moding, and I have been playing with the family text in desc_strat, when i use one (smaler one version of the family) it works fine. But when I use the bigger one the game sends me back to the menu. I looked at the log file but duno what the problem is.
    I attached the files, can you plz have a look at them?

can anyone help me plz? i changed it with milan.

Alright, I'm having a really vexing problem, and I'm wondering if someone here can help.

I'm creating a little sub - mod for the legendary "The Long Road" mod, where I'm 'fixing' what feels very unfinished to me - the Bloodline of the Kievan Rus. I successfully put in the "Rus Royal Blood" Traits that it lacked, and in my research into the bloodline of the leaders of the Kievan Rus at the time, I was delighted to find that both the current Grand Prince Vselovod and his son, the future Grand Prince Vladimir Monomakh, had much bigger families than were already put into the mod.

So, following this excellent Tutorial, I added six new character records for non - generals, two for Vselovod's second son Rostislav and his daughter Evdoksia, both of whom were underage at the beginning of the game, one for Vladimir Monomakh's spouse, Gytha, and three for Vladimir's young sons Mstislav, Iziaslav, and Syvatoslav, being careful to add new name entries in both Names.txt and Descr_names.txt where it was necessary. Then I added Rostislav and Evdoksia to Vselovod's Relative Line in the proper order, and built a new Relative line for Vladimir Monomakh, remembering to use Tabs and close the Line with an 'End', just like the tutorial told me to. So I fired up the game, and discovered that, while Rostislav and Evdoksia showed up just fine, Vladimir was still unmarried, and his children did not exist.

So I checked the log, and the following error came up:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    04:48:01.955 [script.err] [error] Script Error in The_Long_Road/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2433, column 13
    couldn't find Vladimir Monomakh's character_record

04:48:01.955 [script.err] [error] Script Error in The_Long_Road/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2435, column 1
    The character record Gytha is neither married, nor has a father and will be ommited from the game. She needs to be defined as a relative
    04:48:01.955 [script.err] [error] Script Error in The_Long_Road/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2435, column 1
    The child character record Syvatoslav has no father and will be ommited from the game. THey need to be defined as a relative
    The child character record Iziaslav has no father and will be ommited from the game. THey need to be defined as a relative
    04:48:01.956 [script.err] [error] Script Error in The_Long_Road/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2435, column 1
    The child character record Mstislav has no father and will be ommited from the game. THey need to be defined as a relative

The Bold in the error log is my emphasis on what I think the problem is - the computer can't find Vladimir's record. That the spouse and children go poof without the father I can understand. But the problem I have is that it can't find Vladimir in the first place, which is really strange considering that in the line directly above his relations line mentions Vladimir as the son of Vselovod, in the exact same way that I referenced him as the Husband/Father in his own relationship line, and it finds Vladimir without any problem in Vselovod's relationship line, and it puts Vladimir where he's supposed to be in the family tree.

And . . . I'm stumped.

I've done everything this tutorial said to do, and I can't figure out how to make the computer find Vladimir's record at the beginning of his relationship line. I've tried specifically naming his son and spouse with his last name, and it doesn't help, and I've tried eliminating Vladimir's surname in his original record. It doesn't change anything. I get the same result.

I'm going to attach my modified descr_strat, along with the original, but the Spoilers below contain the original section on the Kievan Rus, and the section I modified, Bolding what I've modified, so you don't have to dig through the whole thing to find the problem, if it's obvious.

Original Section of descr_strat detailing the Kievan Rus:

;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; Kiev
    character Vselovod, named character, male, leader, age 50, x 303, y 249
    traits Factionleader 1, GoodCommander 2, Energetic 2, Intelligent 1, Drink 1, Bloodthirsty 2, ReligionStarter 1
    army
    unit EE Bodyguard exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit EE Spear Militia exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit EE Archer Militia exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0

; Pereslawl
    character Vladimir Monomakh, named character, male, heir, age 27, x 312, y 244
    traits Factionheir 1, LoyaltyStarter 1, GoodCommander 1, Energetic 1, Intelligent 1, Drink 1, ReligionStarter 1
    army

character Zavid Borovets, named character, male, age 46, x 311, y 243
    traits LoyaltyStarter 1, GoodCommander 1, Intelligent 1, GoodAdministrator 2, ReligionStarter 1
    army

character Bogukhval Zubov, spy, male, age 20, x 301, y 233
    traits GoodSpy 1

character Feodor Sidorov, priest, male, age 29, x 321, y 253
    traits NaturalPriestSkill 2, GoodDenouncer 1, PriestLevel 1

character Gradeslav Kuritsev, diplomat, male, age 20, x 302, y 254
    traits GoodDiplomat 3

;===============================================================================
    ; Historical Names
    ;===============================================================================
    ; Yaroslav = Yaroslav I the Wise
    ; Iziaslava = Ingigerd Olafsdottir
    ; Vselovod Yaroslavich = Vsevolod I Yaroslavich
    ; Sviatopolk Yaroslavich = Sviatoslav
    ; Vladimir Monomakh = Vladimir Monomakh

character_record Yaroslav, male, age 76, dead, 26
    character_record Iziaslava, female, age 70, dead, 23
    character_record Sviatopolk, male, age 49, dead, 4
    character_record Feodosia, female, age 40, alive, never_a_leader

relative Yaroslav, Iziaslava, Vselovod, Sviatopolk, end
    relative Vselovod, Feodosia, Vladimir Monomakh, end

The Section I modified, Bold Emphasis on what I modded (I also changed some traits on the leaders, but I don't think those are causing the problem, as they all display properly)

;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; Kiev
    character Vselovod, named character, male, leader, age 50, x 303, y 249
    traits Factionleader 1, GoodCommander 2, Energetic 2, Intelligent 2, Bloodthirsty 2,

ReligionStarter 1
    army

; Pereslawl
    character Vladimir Monomakh, named character, male, heir, age 27, x 312,

y 244
    traits Factionheir 1, LoyaltyStarter 1, GoodCommander 2, NaturalMilitarySkill 3, Energetic 3,

Intelligent 2, Brave 1, Bloodthirsty 1, BattleDread 1, ReligionStarter 1
    army

character Zavid Borovets, named character, male, age 46, x 311, y 243
    traits LoyaltyStarter 1, GoodCommander 1, Intelligent 1, GoodAdministrator 2, ReligionStarter 1
    army

character Bogukhval Zubov, spy, male, age 20, x 301, y 233
    traits GoodSpy 1

character Feodor Sidorov, priest, male, age 29, x 321, y 253
    traits NaturalPriestSkill 2, GoodDenouncer 1, PriestLevel 1

character Gradeslav Kuritsev, diplomat, male, age 20, x 302, y 254
    traits GoodDiplomat 3

; Historical Names
    ; Yaroslav = Yaroslav I the Wise
    ; Iziaslava = Ingigerd Olafsdottir
    ; Vselovod Yaroslavich = Vsevolod I Yaroslavich
    ; Sviatopolk Yaroslavich = Sviatoslav
    ; Vladimir Monomakh = Vladimir Monomakh

character_record Yaroslav, male, age 76, dead, 26, past_leader
    character_record Iziaslava, female, age 70, dead, 23
    character_record Sviatopolk, male, age 49, dead, 4
    character_record Feodosia, female, age 40, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record Gytha, female, age 27, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record Rostislav, male, age 10, alive
    character_record Evdoksia, female, age 9, alive
    character_record Mstislav, male, age 4, alive
    character_record Iziaslav, male, age 3, alive
    character_record Syvatoslav, male, age 0, alive

relative Yaroslav, Iziaslava, Vselovod, Sviatopolk, end
    relative Vselovod, Feodosia, Vladimir Monomakh, Rostislav, Evdoksia, end
    relative Vladimir Monomakh, Gytha, Mstislav, Iziaslav, Syvatoslav, end

Anyone who can help me make this stupid program acknowledge Vladimir Monomakh's extended family will be credited when I introduce the sub - mod!

I would really appreciate a swift reply as this is totally vexing me.

Icon5 Re: Advanced Family Trees - IMAGE HEAVY

Forgot to add the attachments.

The First File is the modified 'descr_strat.txt' that has the problem with the computer not being able to see Vladimir's family.

The Second is the unmodified original file, simply renamed to 'descr_stratOLD.txt" just in case I had a problem like this with the modifications and wanted to go back to the original.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by King James I; April 25, 2013 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Double Post

Nevermind, I got it to work, but to do it, I had to strip Vladimir of his rightful surname of Monomakh in all three entries, then they all showed up. I think that he'd be happy to trade the honorific acknowledging his descent from the Byzantine Emperor to keep his family, so I'm happy to compromise historical accuracy to make it work in the game engine.

Hi there fellow players of M2TW, I am no computer expert sadly, and I need your help So I downloaded some code to make Mongolians playable in the Imperial Campaign, and gladly it worked. But this piece of code only had 1 family member and I wanted to make a nice big family for Genghis, once I basically copied 'GrnEyedDvl's code, because I couldn't seem to make mine work... this didn't work either, can someone point out my frustratingly obvious errors? [spoiler]
    character Genghis, named character, male, leader, age 50, x 278, y 109
    traits Factionleader 1 , GoodCommander 5 , Intelligent 2 , VictorVirtue 3 , PublicFaith 4 , BattleDread 2 , StrategyDread 2 , ReligionStarter 1 , Brave 5 , Energetic 4 , Noctophilia 3 , Pragmatic 3 , TouchedByTheGods 4 , NaturalMilitarySkill 4 , NightBattleCapable 1 , EasternWarlord 3
    army
    unit Mongol Bodyguard exp 6 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Mongol Infantry exp 6 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Mongol Foot Archers exp 6 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Mongol Heavy Archers exp 6 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    character Aradai, named character, male, heir , age 30, x 277, y 107
    traits Factionheir 1 , GoodCommander 5 , Intelligent 2 , VictorVirtue 3 , PublicFaith 4 , BattleDread 2 , StrategyDread 2 , ReligionStarter 1 , Brave 5 , Energetic 4 , Noctophilia 3 , Pragmatic 3 , TouchedByTheGods 4 , NaturalMilitarySkill 4 , NightBattleCapable 1 , EasternWarlord 3
    army

character_record Anna, female, age 45, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record Jebe, male, age 14, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record Agafia, female, age 22, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record Batu, male, age 2, alive, never_a_leader
    relative Genghis, Anna, Aradai, Agafia, Jebe, Batu, end [spoiler]
    If there is anything else I need to post, Just ask and I will (Hopefully) give what you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Computernoob:) View Post
    Hi there fellow players of M2TW, I am no computer expert sadly, and I need your help So I downloaded some code to make Mongolians playable in the Imperial Campaign, and gladly it worked. But this piece of code only had 1 family member and I wanted to make a nice big family for Genghis, once I basically copied 'GrnEyedDvl's code, because I couldn't seem to make mine work... this didn't work either, can someone point out my frustratingly obvious errors?
    character Genghis, named character, male, leader, age 50, x 278, y 109
    traits Factionleader 1 , GoodCommander 5 , Intelligent 2 , VictorVirtue 3 , PublicFaith 4 , BattleDread 2 , StrategyDread 2 , ReligionStarter 1 , Brave 5 , Energetic 4 , Noctophilia 3 , Pragmatic 3 , TouchedByTheGods 4 , NaturalMilitarySkill 4 , NightBattleCapable 1 , EasternWarlord 3
    army
    character Aradai, named character, male, heir , age 30, x 277, y 107
    traits Factionheir 1 , GoodCommander 5 , Intelligent 2 , VictorVirtue 3 , PublicFaith 4 , BattleDread 2 , StrategyDread 2 , ReligionStarter 1 , Brave 5 , Energetic 4 , Noctophilia 3 , Pragmatic 3 , TouchedByTheGods 4 , NaturalMilitarySkill 4 , NightBattleCapable 1 , EasternWarlord 3
    army

character_record Anna, female, age 45, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record Jebe, male, age 14, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record Agafia, female, age 22, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record Batu, male, age 2, alive, never_a_leader
    relative Genghis, Anna, Aradai, Agafia, Jebe, Batu, end

If there is anything else I need to post, Just ask and I will (Hopefully) give what you are looking for

Excellent tutorial .
    My question would be if it is possible to some how lock the names in the family tree so they are not repeated and if it is the same possible to do for captains.

„Nos Stephanus Thomas Dei gratia Rasciae, Serviae, Bosnensium sive Illyricorum, Primordiae, Dalmatiae et Croatiae rex“

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

Not possible.
    Names and surnames are chosen by the engine on faction basis (as per descr_names.txt) and there is no way to do what you seek to.

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliç Alì View Post
    Not possible.
    Names and surnames are chosen by the engine on faction basis (as per descr_names.txt) and there is no way to do what you seek to.

„Nos Stephanus Thomas Dei gratia Rasciae, Serviae, Bosnensium sive Illyricorum, Primordiae, Dalmatiae et Croatiae rex“

hey
    i dont know whats wrong ,its not work with me
    i add new family member with wife and kid to the tree but not work

character Mansour, named character, male, age 30, x 248, y 43
    traits LoyaltyStarter 1 , GoodCommander 1 , PublicFaith 2 , MathematicsSkill 3 , Embezzler 1 , ReligionStarter 1
    ancillaries mathematician
    army
    unit ME Bodyguard exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0

character_record Safiya, female, age 55, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record Fatimah, female, age 30, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record Zaynab, female, age 28, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record Nasser, male, age 12, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record Moussa, male, age 9, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record Layla, female, age 26, alive, never_a_leader
    character_record Amir, male, age 9, alive, never_a_leader

relative Al-Zahir, Safiya, Al-Mustansir, Mubarak, Mansour, end
    relative Al-Mustansir, Fatimah, Nasser, end
    relative Mubarak, Zaynab, Moussa, end
    relative Mansour, Layla, Amir, end

Can anyone help plz

i put one name

in name.txt

{Mansour}Mansour

and

descr_names.txt

faction: egypt

characters

Mansour

also in descr_names_lookup.txt

hey

i want some help here plz

i do this

relative Al-Zahir, Safiya, Al-Mustansir, Mubarak, Mansour, end
    relative Al-Mustansir, Fatimah, Nasser, end
    relative Mubarak, Zaynab, Moussa, end

but in systemlog.txt have error
    15:48:04.053 [script.err] [error] Script Error in data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 2253, column 71
    could not find next child. Children list must be terminated with an end

i delete it and do it again but same error

can anyone help me with this

I am trying to get in a family tree with an elderly faction leader, a dead son with two children that are generals (the faction leader's grandchildren) and an uncle of said granchildren/son of the faction heir who is also a general.

This is what I have for the family tree:

Code:
    character	Faris, named character, male, leader, age 68, x 171, y 45 
    traits Factionleader 1 , NaturalMilitarySkill 2 , GoodAttacker 1 , PoliticsSkill 3 , GoodAdministrator 2 , Austere 1 , ReligionStarter 1 
    army
    [stuff]

character	Muhummad, named character, male, heir, age 22, x 168, y 40 
    traits LoyaltyStarter 1 , GoodCommander 1 , HaleAndHearty 1 , ReligionStarter 1 
    army
    [stuff]

character_record		Adil, 	male, age 50, dead 1, never_a_leader
    character_record		Najia, 	female, age 66, dead 5, never_a_leader
    character_record		Ummu, 	female, age 40, alive, never_a_leader

relative 	Faris, 	Najia,		Adil,	end
    relative 	Adil, 	Ummu,		Muhummad,	end
    The game is giving me a crash-to-menu with the following error.

Code:
    19:09:16.040 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/WarringVipers/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 5297, column 37
    could not find next child. Children list must be terminated with an end

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456