Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: obsolete

Icon3 obsolete

Res Gestae has finally been released as a full mod with its own playable campaign. All of the original RG surviving graphics have been included along with other works of various artists and modders of the rtw community.

The main thanks for this release should go to Salvor Hardin who has invested huge amounts of time and effort into putting all of this together. Normally he should have been the one posting this, but he`s away untill next week and I thought not to delay it until then. Also many thanks to all who have participated directly or indirectly towards this release.

You can find the credits list here.
    And please report any bugs and other issues here.

INSTALL INSTRUCTION

1. have a clean(unmodded) install of Rome - Total War v1.5.
    (it will also work if you have BI v1.6 installed or are using the Gold Edition of RTW)
    2. download Res Gestae v3.0:
    3. install it. *
    4. activate the campaign script. After the campaign map has loaded, click on a building before doing anything else. The adviser will appear. Click it. Then click the "Show_me how" button. You must also do this when you load a saved game.

*RG v3.0 was blessed with a user friendly installer made by hip63 so it should be pretty straight forward. I wasn`t yet able to see how it works personally, so if you run into any problems or have any questions please post about it.

Note #1: Res Gestae v3.0 is a full install and you don`t need any of the previous packs or patches.
    Note #2: Res Gestae v3.0 installs in its own sub-forum(it`s "modfoldered" in other terms) and you should be able to install it in the same game folder with other completely mod switch mods and be able to play all of them, along with vanilla RTW and BI(if you have it installed).
    Of course, I advice you to make a backup copy of your game folder before installing RG and to store it somewhere else. Just in case anything goes wrong during the install. This way you won`t have to reinstall the whole game, but simply replace the messed installation with the backup copy.
    Note #3: This version was mainly done by Salvor and he had to do a huge amount of work in a relatively small amount of time. And given the fact that there was no team of beta testers available to find errors some issues might still be there. If you find any please report them.
    Last edited by florin80; November 24, 2008 at 06:33 PM.

Default Re: Res Gestae v3.0 full install (Released)

WOOT THANKS MAN, i been looking everyday waiting for this, CHEERS!

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(16941778)

Great ! I'm downloading it now. Big thanks to Salvor, florin, the peoples who helped and Prometeus.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Well, please let us know if you`ve managed to download and install it fine.

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Hi florin80,
    is it compatible with Rome Total War Gold Edition, that means RTW & BI patched 1.6?

ayeaye Sir

Yes, it should work fine with the RTW Gold Edition.

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Perfect ! Downloading...

ayeaye Sir

Instlled, played perfect for me, I love the campaign map, i love the great family names you have going, the skins are great, i played first battle and it works great, its all good thanks i got someting to do now i like the army spawning when you create a general too, thats a great idea ;D super work guys

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(16941778)

Ah yes, it has a script. I`d better go include instructions for that too. Thanks for getting back to us Martin! Happy playing!

It's an awesome mod. I happy to see this huge work finally in a complete modification. You have done a great work +Rep for all the team members.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

great downloading in progress...

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Downloading now , I think I wet myself with excitement XD

Lou337's Avatar Decanus

Would it work with BI?
    Visit my blog

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Icon12 Re: Res Gestae v3.0 full install (Released)

Just in case anything goes wrong during the install.
    oh ye of little faith!

fear not brother! my installer kung-fu is strong!

And I was glad to help out

hip63

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Lou337 View Post
    Would it work with BI?
    If you mean by having BI installed to the same RTW folder I can't think of reason why not but it does not install to the BI folder, so basically it co-exists with BI but doesn't use or require BI.

hip63
    Last edited by hip63; August 21, 2008 at 11:16 PM. Reason: grammar

Lou337's Avatar Decanus

YAY downloading now =D
    Visit my blog

Sephynos's Avatar Semisalis

Icon14 Re: Res Gestae v3.0 full install (Released)

Quote Originally Posted by margio View Post
    Perfect ! Downloading...

ayeaye Sir
    its working perfectly
    I believe that to meet the challenges of our times, human beings will have to develop a greater sense of universal responsibility. Each of us must learn to work not just for oneself, one's own family or nation, but for the benefit of all humankind. Universal responsibility is the key to human survival. It is the best foundation for world peace.

Quote Originally Posted by hip63 View Post
    oh ye of little faith!

fear not brother! my installer kung-fu is strong!
    It`s common sense to post those instrutions. I.e. to make backups before modifying anything. If they don`t it`s their choice. Something going wrong during the install can be a number of things, mostly people installing it in the wrong place. You should see what long threads can be generated by someone messing it up by himself and then complaining it had messed up his other mods and so on. This goes for all mods or games. It wasn`t about your installer so don`t make it sound that way.

wow, downloaded it, installed it, love it. great strategic map, beautiful units and the balancing of those units makes for very tense battles.
    but, i have one weird problem though: some factions skins look super dark, like they're in a shadow. the julii for example look so dark, they're hard to distinguish. it's even weirder when compared with the scythes who look totally normal.
    is it normal and if not, any idea what the problem might be?

Quote Originally Posted by yurek View Post
    but, i have one weird problem though: some factions skins look super dark, like they're in a shadow. the julii for example look so dark, they're hard to distinguish. it's even weirder when compared with the scythes who look totally normal.
    is it normal and if not, any idea what the problem might be?
    Well, Salvor implemented a new light system. I think it looks great in custom battles which were too light in vanilla rtw, but it seems in campaign battles it is too dark.
    What you can do is to revert to the rtw settings. Go to this location:
    Rome - Total War\data
    and copy this text file:
    descr_battle_map_lighting_and_fog_control
    and then go paste it in this location and overwrite the Res Gestae one:
    Rome - Total War\RG\data
    Of course, you might want to make a backup copy of the one from Res Gestae just in case you`d like to revert the change later.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast