Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: China's Baseball team, PATHETIC

Default China's Baseball team, PATHETIC

Honestly the Chinese should be embarrssed by there baseball team's childish display.

Purposefully throwing at a hitters head because he made contact with there catcher at a play at the plate ( Matt LaPorta was purposefully hit in the head by a Chinese reliever) 5 US batters were hit in total.

and to top it all off in the 9th inning down by 9 (9-0) the chinese catcher hits a home run and jogs around the bases thowing his arms in the air cheering himself and finally stomping on home plate... you dont do that in baseball unless youve just won your team the game. Acting like a little leaguer in a game where you just got dominated is just sad.

USA won 9-1 but Chinas team managed to make the game semi memorable with there childish antics, discuss!

Default Re: China's Baseball team, PATHETIC

Yeah it was pretty disgusting, what bugs me is the coaches of the Chinese team are americans and their comments after the game are pure nonsense. Has nothing to do with nationality but they are former pro players themselves...they KNOW better. Wish MLB players could play, soccer players can...imagine sending over Josh Beckett, Joba etc. Want fastballs to the head? Try these!
    Last edited by danzig; August 18, 2008 at 10:14 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Baseball is in the Olympics???

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Miraj
    Sports in the Olympics?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by danzig View Post
    Yeah it was pretty disgusting, what bugs me is the coaches of the Chinese team are americans and their comments after the game are pure nonsense. Has nothing to do with nationality but they are former pro players themselves...they KNOW better. Wish MLB players could play, soccer players can...imagine sending over Josh Beckett, Joba etc. Want fastballs to the head? Try these!
    MLB players wouldn't play anyway, it's the home stretch of the MLB season, most players (and more importantly, their teams) probably consider making the playoffs more important than winning a gold.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Yorkshireman's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Miraj View Post
    Baseball and softball have been axed for the 2012 London Olympics.

China plays baseball LoL
    Imperial House Of Wild Bill Kelso
    Under the patronage of Kagemusha.
    Younger brother of TomteOfDoom

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post

MLB players wouldn't play anyway, it's the home stretch of the MLB season, most players (and more importantly, their teams) probably consider making the playoffs more important than winning a gold.
    Yeah I know but like soccer players CAN opt to play even though the teams might hate it as the start of the season is just kicking in. I mean hell send the best AAA players then if not the MLB level. Not that it matters though since our team still does well but it would be fun to see major leaguers there. Would help out alot of central/south american countries and their teams.

Which is so wrong and stupid...need more badminton I guess. Dunno how you can drop a sport that is population north/central/south america and asia.
    Last edited by danzig; August 18, 2008 at 11:17 PM.

Indefinitely Banned

Well I wasn't talking about sports, I was talking about Baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by lionskin View Post
    China plays baseball LoL
    I had the same first reaction when I read the thread title.

Which is so wrong and stupid...need more badminton I guess. Dunno how you can drop a sport that is population north/central/south america and asia.
    We're getting rid of all the sports that we've no chance of winning. But seriously, it's the IOC thats voted to remove them from the games.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshireman View Post
    We're getting rid of all the sports that we've no chance of winning. But seriously, it's the IOC thats voted to remove them from the games.
    I haven't been able to find an official reason from the IOC on this, which is the only thing that bothers me. The Olympics have ping pong and trampoline gymnastics but apparently baseball and softball are too niche. I don't get the rational here?

Oh, and as a memo to the Chinese baseball team, beaning batters is ok to a degree, just don't aim for the head. It is a rather classless and dangerous thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by CDMan477 View Post
    I haven't been able to find an official reason from the IOC on this, which is the only thing that bothers me. The Olympics have ping pong and trampoline gymnastics but apparently baseball and softball are too niche. I don't get the rational here?
    I've also looked and it just said they held a secret ballot to decide which sports remain on the programme. It's the first time an event has been axed since 1936.

The London organisers are probably quite chuffed as they've saved the £50 million they were going to invest building a baseball stadium in Regents Park.

Oh Im not blaming the Brits, Im blaming the IOC especially since no real reason given on it. Baseball might not be popular in Europe, Africa, Middle east but its popular everywhere else...just doesnt make much sense to see it go.

Oh Im not blaming the Brits, Im blaming the IOC especially since no real reason given on it. Baseball might not be popular in Europe, Africa, Middle east but its popular everywhere else...just doesnt make much sense to see it go.
    I agree, I don't really see why any sports should be removed. It's pretty rough on those athletes/players who are probably up and coming and set their sights on the next games to be denied a chance to take part. If it's all ready in, why remove it. It might be down to the nationalities of the IOC members and weather they are baseball fans, who knows ?

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

The London organisers are probably quite chuffed as they've saved the £50 million they were going to invest building a baseball stadium in Regents Park.
    They probably spend £20 million of that bribing IOC members to remove baseball
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

They probably spend £20 million of that bribing IOC members to remove baseball
    Mind you, if we got rid of all the events we were no good at, the games would only last 3 days.

Campidoctor

Mind you, if we got rid of all the events we were no good at, the games would only last 3 days.
    Heh, I've actually been surprised at how well the Brits have performed the last few days. They've come out of almost no where to 6th in the medal count as I type this.

I feel the worst for the U.S. woman's softball team. They get no exposer in America for various reasons, but their dominance in the Olympics every four years at least goes a little way towards the respect they deserve.

Yoda Twin's Avatar Vicarius

I heard that Baseball and Softball were only getting axed due to lack of facilities?
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda Twin View Post
    I heard that Baseball and Softball were only getting axed due to lack of facilities?
    Well lack of facilities for specific events is pretty common for alot of events. Preparing something for baseball doesnt take that much effort, its not like they have to build Fenway or Yankee stadium. Any multipurpose stadium can serve the purpose, hell look at RFK Stadium which at one time served as home of NFL, MLB and MLS teams. I mean hell Spain did fine in 92 Olympics as did Athens in 2004. Obviously Atlanta and Beijing already had the facilities for it given and Australia has their own baseball league (though admittedly far from popular) so obviously they had facilities already as well. Hell pretty much any cricket site could be used with a little modification.
    Last edited by danzig; August 19, 2008 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda Twin View Post
    No, the IOC decided not to include it. We already had an area earmarked for the baseball. We're not that skint, just like Beijing, virtually all the venues will be newly built for each event.

Quote Originally Posted by Danzig
    any cricket site could be used with a little modification.
    Sacrilege mate ! You would'nt likely get a cricket club in the country to dig up their wicket. It takes months to get the playing surface right.
    Last edited by Yorkshireman; August 19, 2008 at 06:03 AM.

Captain Arrrgh!'s Avatar I'z in yer grass

Good. Bloody useless waste of fieldspace, baseball.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast