Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: questions topic

Default Re: questions topic

Quote Originally Posted by jnecros View Post
    Not a question so much as a complement. I did not want to create a new thread for this.. Thanks for putting this project together, not to sound fanboyish, but I am real happy this is going on. I do not really enjoy medieval history, Roman era is more my thing. Without modders in general I would have shelved all the Total War games ages ago, so yeah specifically looking forward to this one. Just wanted to show my gratitude, I am underdeveloped in computer programming and artistically crap, I know I am probably the 10,000th person, but I can do beta testing or historical/tactical research, if you all need help on that end. Anyway, thanks guys.
    HEY ...
    dont be afraid of telling that ur an EB FANBOY ...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    IM ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    Command, Loyalty, Influence (Piety), and I'm not sure about chiv/dread.

Foot
    Couldn't that be replaced with honor/dread?
    Deus posuit, id decuit, ergo fecit.

2 questions:

1) Will you incorporate complete gameplay tweak mods that have been supplied by other modders with their permission? Area of Recruitment, Real Recruitment (from stainless steel), better archers, better battle AI, better strategy AI, advanced trait systems, better siege mods, blood mods etc. etc.? These are CRUCIAL to the betterment of mtw2 gameplay and are already out there. It just makes sense to use these in your mod.

2) Will you diversify rabble units in terms of their weapons and armor (3-4 different swords, axes, shields, shield sizes, etc.)?

1. Nope, because a large number of these are unsuitable for the changes we've already made. When EBII comes out you won't even recognise it as a mod for MTW2. The use of other modifications in EB unnecessarily restricts us. Not that we won't take inspiration from the fine work that already exists, but we have our own plans and our own needs that only we can answer.

2. We will take full advantage of the MTW2 engine where it is appropriate.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I got some new questions.

1) Are Spartan Hoplites in? (I'm still uncertain about it)

2) If so is it going to be possible to have them as the bodyguards of all generals with the Spartiatai atribute(within the Koinen Hellenon)?

3) Will the shield wall which the Hoplites will be using(so I was told) be standard activated? In order to have the AI use it as well?

4) Will Iphikratous Hoplites have the shieldwall, some pike formation or will they just act as standard spearmen again?

1) Well they haven't been made yet, but there are no plans to not implement.
    2) No that is impossible
    3) Most likely
    4) Impossible to say at this point.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

Icon14 Re: questions topic

- Can we have the pretorian guard for Roman Empire ?
    - How many different units will have Roman Empire in EBII ?
    - Do you will change the aspect of city in strategic map, as RTW ? or do you will not touch the MTWII city aspect ?
    - Can we build camp ?
    - For music, what do you will use ?
    - When can we have a full preview for the Roman Army ?

Good luck.
    RTW 1 fan - betrayed, disillusioned, disgusted with Rome 2.
    My thematic camping project on autonomy ==> http://www.camping-la-ressource.fr/

- work has begun on early roman units, but no firm decisions have been made on later units.
    - Impossible to say at this point.
    - Yes the strat map cities will look very different.
    - No
    - The music from EBI.
    - Not any time soon.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

maxstill's Avatar Semisalis

yes a very great mod but it will take probably a year till release so im not so excited

Quote Originally Posted by maxstill View Post
    yes a very great mod but it will take probably a year till release so im not so excited
    You are so going to get a sarcastic remark from Foot...

Quote Originally Posted by Ardeshir View Post
    You are so going to get a sarcastic remark from Foot...
    Foot is not sarcastic ... he is direct and honest about his oppinion ... even if its not a good oppinioon XD

Is there be custom-design cities in EB2
    for i have seen the pictures in a mod named Byzantium:1099 and they made it
    it's really cool to see one or two unique cities in the game

We haven't reached that point yet. Custom cities can only be started on when we have imported ancient buildings into the game, which is quite a low priority at the moment.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

Quote Originally Posted by cux47 View Post

is this mod done ?

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    We haven't reached that point yet. Custom cities can only be started on when we have imported ancient buildings into the game, which is quite a low priority at the moment.

Foot
    well if you make those special buildings .... ill rate this a 10000 out od 10 XD

Phalanx300's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I agree, having these custom cities would be great.

I already imagine Rhodes and Athenai with this, with the Akropolis and the Colossus.

(Also at google maps, when looking at Rhodes it seems like you can see where the Colossus stood) (Would be great btw if the Colossus and the Akropolis and many other monuments could be 100% restored to their former glory)

Don't start dreaming. This mod will probably take 'some' time before it's finished even without ancient buildings and so without costum cities. I would already happy if the cities had ancient buildings in the first release.

wow thats amazing how you made the citys

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by cux47 View Post
    Well, the mod 'Byzantium 1099' was renamed 'Basileia Total War', but after the mod leader disappeared it was merged with Dominion of the Sword (which I highly recommend, btw).

Flogi, the creator of these cities is, to my knowledge, planning to release these as a sub-mod for the mod community, but this is all I know...

Great news, man
    Althoug it's sad to hear that the MOD had been swallowed
    if they would released it as a mini-mod like Drath AI, or even greater, to share there tech
    I think it would be a magnificent contribution to all the Modders and, for sure, to the Total War game itself

This does have potential, though. Especially on the part of the city of Rhodos (which was hell to take, tbh)