Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Middle-Earth: Total War

Senator

Default Re: Middle-Earth: Total War

If I want to play “bookish” Middle-earth custom battles I will play Fourth Age: Total War.
    Fourth age total war is all human factions and you can't play the War of the Ring in it - which was the purpose of Middle Earth Total War. I played METW in the past and even unfinished as it was - and difficult to install - it was ten times better than Third Age Total War and better than Fourth Age Total War. I just wish whoever was making Middle Earth Total War would complete it. Great, great mod. The atmosphere in it was amazing.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Dunadd View Post
    Fourth age total war is all human factions and you can't play the War of the Ring in it - which was the purpose of Middle Earth Total War. I played METW in the past and even unfinished as it was - and difficult to install - it was ten times better than Third Age Total War and better than Fourth Age Total War. I just wish whoever was making Middle Earth Total War would complete it. Great, great mod. The atmosphere in it was amazing.
    You haven't tried Lotr-tw for alexander tw?

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

I noticed that links doesn’t work so I uploaded the mod if anyone would be interested:

http://www.filedropper.com/metwv100
    Last edited by Jagmodo; April 06, 2013 at 03:03 PM.

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    You haven't tried Lotr-tw for alexander tw?
    I have. Didn't really care. Of course that may be because I find things based off the movies unoriginal and trite.

Could I possibly run both this and Fourth Age? Or do I have to uninstall one?

Also, your pictures don't seem to work.
    Last edited by Feanaro Curufinwe; August 25, 2013 at 11:41 AM.
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

This is modfoldered, so it runs fine along with anything that's also modfoldered (like FATW).

All links seem dead. Can someone provide a new mirror?

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Thank you! It would be a shame that such a work get lost .

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

IS there a Wall patch for this mod, I notice all the walls are small wooden fences that your troops can walk through.
    Pray for Pastor Saeed, and here is a link to sign a petition for his release: http://beheardproject.com/saeed#sign

I believe in Jesus Christ our Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

"I am the Way, the Truth, and The Life..." (John 14:6) Yeshua HaMashiach
    http://khouse.org/

I don't think there is... Campaign was never brought to really playable state.
    However, I think it could serve as a good inspiration for your mod since both are inspired by the books instead of the movies.

Agreed, METW's units are simply awesome. Specially Gondorians.

I actually have been drawing from this mod for the Gondorians and I want to use some of their designs for Mordor as well.
    Pray for Pastor Saeed, and here is a link to sign a petition for his release: http://beheardproject.com/saeed#sign

I believe in Jesus Christ our Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

"I am the Way, the Truth, and The Life..." (John 14:6) Yeshua HaMashiach
    http://khouse.org/

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Jagmodo View Post

It is too late to answer you, but I will, so others could not make the same mistake. It is not enough to install the game and then make the shortcut.

After installation rename the folder (metw) to something else. Then make the new folder and name it metw. After that copy the data folder and paste it into metw folder. Then go to folder that you renamed (installed mod) and copy everything from it. After that paste it in metw folder (overwrite data folder). Then make shortcut (already explained) and play.
    I made the same mistake and need some time to figure it out myself.

However this mod is too unfinished to be normally played. Objectives are almost immediately accomplished (Eriador only needs to capture few empty rebel towns), so you will either win or lose in maximum 7 turns. Custom battles could be played, but graphic is obsolete for today’s standards (If I want to play “bookish” Middle-earth custom battles I will play Fourth Age: Total War.). However we must have great respect for this mod as it is forefather of all Middle-earth based mods. And as I read one new mod will be based on this.
    Installation instruction does not have any sense. It's written in such manner that is barely understandable.
    What one should do to play it is:
    1. Install the mod in TEMPORARY place (somewhere else than RTW folder).
    2. Create folder called METW into Rtw\bi folder (it should be something like C:\Games\Rtw\bi\metw\).
    3. Copy DATA folder from Rtw\bi into Rtw\bi\metw.
    4. Copy DATA folder from TEMPORARY place into Rtw\bi\metw overwriting everything.
    5. Make a shortcut (example: RomeTW-BI.exe -mod:bi\metw -show_err -nm -movie_cam -enable_editor -ne).

All because something is missing in installation folder, so one can first set all original data folder form BI, then overwrite this using metw data folder. Then everything works as planned.

PS: thanks for re-uploading this mod. Always wanted to see how it looked like.

Civis

Hey guys is there any way I can download this and play with the Steam Version?

BagaturSasha's Avatar Invictus
    Artifex

Blog Entries

At first, who was in search of this mod latest version download link - here you are.
    https://yadi.sk/d/B7k5eidfrjACa
    My friend Vladimir Polkovnikov have been upload this project for Yandex.disk, so you can download it and play.

And second, this mod is great and cool, but its have terrible bug. Bug with win conditions. Mod author didn`t make them well, and Eriador is always winning by capturing 10 provinces. And also, this mod haven`t got beautiful LOTR music. Its would be even more great mod with new music and normal working win conditions.

so if the author is still here, maybe he can give permission to improve it in future?
    Thanks anyway for it. As you all know, i often helped RTW community with searching and fixing bugs in many mods, especially bugs with unit texture fails or other things.

Leader of the "Creative flame" studio.
    Author of the book "Legends of Moon Landscape"
    also author of the books "Fly", "Volcanorium" and other works too. Mostly specialized on fantasy.

https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?...r:BagaturSasha
    My Wiki page
    --

Quote Originally Posted by BagaturSasha View Post
    At first, who was in search of this mod latest version download link - here you are.
    https://yadi.sk/d/B7k5eidfrjACa
    My friend Vladimir Polkovnikov have been upload this project for Yandex.disk, so you can download it and play.

And second, this mod is great and cool, but its have terrible bug. Bug with win conditions. Mod author didn`t make them well, and Eriador is always winning by capturing 10 provinces. And also, this mod haven`t got beautiful LOTR music. Its would be even more great mod with new music and normal working win conditions.

so if the author is still here, maybe he can give permission to improve it in future?
    Thanks anyway for it. As you all know, i often helped RTW community with searching and fixing bugs in many mods, especially bugs with unit texture fails or other things.
    Hi!

The author leave the project many years ago (10 years ago or more) and these mod files remain as an open resource for modding, i never played but seen the mod files i'm sure is full of bugs, at last at campaing mode...
    As a open resource you don't need to ask for permission to improve a more playable version.

Cheers!

BagaturSasha's Avatar Invictus
    Artifex

Blog Entries

Thanks for information, my friend! Ok Its good news. I will improve this mod then. In future. I wanted it many years, but was afraid that author would be strict about fans additions.

Leader of the "Creative flame" studio.
    Author of the book "Legends of Moon Landscape"
    also author of the books "Fly", "Volcanorium" and other works too. Mostly specialized on fantasy.

https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?...r:BagaturSasha
    My Wiki page
    --

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567