Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: [M2TW AAR] The Help of God, the Love of the People, the Strength of Denmark

Graf zu Adler's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: The Help of God, the Love of the People, the Strength of Denmark

My Advice on targets: Shoul dthe general be there, and we have sufficient forces, attack nuremberg and the nearest imperial provnce to our borders at the same time, so that the pope won't complain too much....

My King and fellow counselors,

I'm in a hurry for family matters, so if you are kind enough to excuse me for the moment after these short comments:

- Very good news from the east, the campaign was short and successfull. since our allies have Riga, there is not much left to do, although I would still convert Helsinki - the Russians will come back for Novgorod, and once they do, take Smolensk from them.

- More urgent of course is the war the HRE. Vienna is the big prize (one of richest cities of all), but it is difficult to hold on to since it opens new fronts with the Magyars and Venice. I fully trust your strategical capabilities and will not suggest any specific targets - it depends on the circumstances. However, do not listen to the more bloodthirsty conselors and butcher the civilians. They are as unhappy under the Empire as you would assume. And they are catholic, just as us! Besides, it is economically unwise and will also lead to a very bad reputation amongst your Royal kin in other countries. Reserve the butchering for Pagans and Infidels...

- about the Pope: Do not get excommunicated! Wait for the HRE to makes its moves, because they started the war... and build some siege artillery, because swiftness in conquest is key in avoiding Papal scorn...
    Last edited by eisenkopf; August 17, 2008 at 03:55 AM.

Totally of topic: Guys, I have a little problem. Could one of you send me the descr_strat and campaign_script files from the vanilla M2TW campaign? I modded mine and forgot to backup. Send me a PM if you would do this for me, so I can give you my e-Mail-address. Thanks in advance.

Back to topic: Yes, I agree, we should not butcher the civilians, but loot the cities, as this will help our economy quite a bit!

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

As you're already in a war with the HRE, there is no point in taking both Frankfurt / Nuremburg at once, bar Papal reasons. If its possible to raise a second army, do so. But I would personally just send one. If the Papals cease the war, we can go on the defencive and send a second army elsewhere.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Jagdpanzer's Avatar Praepositus

Your majesty,

Could you give us a screenshot of the papal ratings?

, the red knight

PS. You should send an assasin to Vienna to sabotage the mines. This will damage HRE's income.
    Last edited by Jagdpanzer; August 17, 2008 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The red knight View Post
    Your majesty,

, the red knight

PS. You should send an assasin to Vienna to sabotage the mines. This will damage HRE's income.
    Mines are a permanent building like Roads / Farms. I don't believe they can be sabotaged or destroyed. Exteriminating a settlement may damage / destroy them but they can't be destroyed any other way.

Jagdpanzer's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    Mines are a permanent building like Roads / Farms. I don't believe they can be sabotaged or destroyed. Exteriminating a settlement may damage / destroy them but they can't be destroyed any other way.
    You're right Musthavename. Sabotaging buildings is one of the few things I almost never do in M2TW, so i didn't know this. I just thought it would be good to damage HRE's income. Perhaps we can hit the market instead?

, the red knight.

My king,
    Please excuse me of my anger. I mean only the best for the danes. We need to sack the cities. If the citizens hate us then we need to kill them.
    With all respect,
    Pericles_plato * Pericles of Athens*
    Last edited by pericles_plato; August 17, 2008 at 09:17 AM.
    Got nothing...

Zhangir's Avatar Senator

Your garrison of Prague _is_ the force (it looks large enough to get the job done
    Yea, but it's mainly city guard

Ashashi, stormer you guys propose the defensive warfare? Hmmm might be it also

I propose we swoop in and take their great casltes out from under their noses! this plan would reduse the enemy to recruiting lowly militia units ready to be plucked. there are only two fatal problems with this action 1. we are caught up in bettween 2 or more armies while we are seiging and 2. Or a prolgonged seige of the newly aquired caslte which would nulfy the benefits of the course and leave our main army stranded.
    Wow ))) that's extraordinary plan... well it is quite unusual.
    As far as i know HRE has Innsbruck, maybe Metz (unlike that Bern) and Stauffen? Is that it?
    Well...I'd be temped to take their cities thoough... they are way closer.. )))
    You see I only have 1 army.. in order to stop they making troops I need to crush 3 or more castles

Shoul dthe general be there, and we have sufficient forces, attack nuremberg and the nearest imperial provnce to our borders at the same time, so that the pope won't complain too much
    Yea I thought that would be it. I was wondering about the second army. Well I think the Red Knight is right here, we should erm.. free Prague and take the force from there

Although my concern here is will the Polish be tempted to take Prague???

Wait for the HRE to makes its moves, because they started the war... and build some siege artillery, because swiftness in conquest is key in avoiding Papal scorn...
    So eisenkopf is also for the defensive war? And i like the artillery plan

Guys, I have a little problem. Could one of you send me the descr_strat and campaign_script files from the vanilla M2TW campaign? I modded mine and forgot to backup. Send me a PM if you would do this for me, so I can give you my e-Mail-address. Thanks in advance
    Send me ur email via PM ) I ll do it )

As you're already in a war with the HRE, there is no point in taking both Frankfurt / Nuremburg at once, bar Papal reasons. If its possible to raise a second army, do so. But I would personally just send one. If the Papals cease the war, we can go on the defencive and send a second army elsewhere
    I was kind of thinking of getting another army and taking them both
    What do u think?
    Yea, I also think we could go on defensive only if Papa wants us to )

Yup sure )))
    wait couple of mins, I ll edit this post and add to it

Perhaps we can hit the market instead
    Well I could get myself an assassin, though I d first concentrate on troop making for now, if i have money )

We need to sack the cities. If the citizens hate us then we need to kill them
    Yea I second that )))

Anyways, guys we got two main groups of opinions

1) Charge and take down the HRE, prefferably taking 2 settlements at the same town, without waiting for them to get excomunicated

2) Sit back and wait for the Emperor to get excomunicated and then Crusade the HRE or simply destroy them

I ll count the votes now...

for Numba 1

The red knight (Nurnberg, Frankfurt)
    Musthavename (Nurnberg, Frankfurt)
    Graf zu Adler (Nurnberg)
    jbersie (Vienna)
    pericles_plato (Frankfurt)
    Nole4694 (Stauffen, Metz, Innsbruck)

for Numba 2

stormer
    Ashashi
    eisenkopf

I hope I got it right

BTW, I use ur AAR names only in the story )))

If everyone confirms that is their firm opinion, and we don't have any changes in the vote, I'd go for taking Nurnberg and Frankfurt, by creating second army
    sorry Nole, I ll use the second part of ur plan ))
    jbersie, I think I ll take Vienna after taking nurnberg and Frankfurt )
    stormer, Ashashi, eisenkopf I think I ll wait out for the HRE to get excommunicated only if the Pope tells me to ceasefire

EDIT

I asked the Pope what he thinks of us

He says we are like as saint as him
    Last edited by Zhangir; August 17, 2008 at 10:22 AM.
    The Help of God, The Love of the People, The Strength of Denmark - Proud To See The Red Knight make this AAR Truly Epic!
    Sacrum Romanum Imperium Nationis Germanicć
    Royaume de France

My avatar is not there because of my religion, but because it looks like the first and last letters of my name put together in my Language (I do know what it means)

In that case I wouldn't bother with a second army. One army with that rating probably can take both settlements without excommunication, especially if you organise a regular tribute to the Pope. I would raise a second army, but attack somewhere else. Personally i'd use a second force to take Antwerp, though Vilnius is an option.

So, have your primary force take Nuremburg, then move onto Frankfurt. Raise another army and send it to take Antwerp, and if after that, Bruges if its still vacant.

My liege,
    Let us attack HRE till the pope says stop. Then strengthen our defences and let them attack us.
    With all respect.
    Pericles of Athens.
    Got nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by pericles_plato View Post
    My liege,
    Let us attack HRE till the pope says stop. Then strengthen our defences and let them attack us.
    With all respect.
    Pericles of Athens.
    I second that.

Zhangir's Avatar Senator

Musthavename well I will take Frankfrut first, cause my army is a turn away from it

pericles_plato, Graf zu Adler Roger that )))
    The Help of God, The Love of the People, The Strength of Denmark - Proud To See The Red Knight make this AAR Truly Epic!
    Royaume de France

My avatar is not there because of my religion, but because it looks like the first and last letters of my name put together in my Language (I do know what it means)

Nole4694's Avatar Procrastination Power!

I figured the plan was too risky and I even though t it was a long shot but ohwell. The second plan is still good, Take their closest cities as quicly as possible then settle in. I not saying we should go on the defencive just take a break and either, A. build a second army to aid in the conquest or B. build up defences and send your army on a second blitz, or C. do both(this is only if you think our economy is strong enough to d o it theough) this is my prefered method.

Oh yes, pls tell me who attack who first? Because if you were attacked by the HRE we ought not to have problems witht he pope for many years in this war. but if we attacked them you can expect to be stopped very early by tohe pope.
    God Save The King
    Gosse Durrant - Baron of Huntington - 24

Former contributor to the
    Go on! Take a look at their latest issue!

Under the patronage of the Black Prince

Zhangir's Avatar Senator

Nole4694
    Well
    I'd go with C, with the economy better with Taxation on auto and more cities as well as sacking of frankfurt

About the attack... did i miss it out of the AAR??? sorry I ll go check now and fill it in if i didn't

But to answer ur question
    Of course the HRE diD!!!
    I assure u, the Danish Kingdom would never be an aggressor! We are peaceful!
    This is not irony, cause it looks a bit like it
    Royaume de France

Bugger.. Too bad i can only suggest strategy when i am in story and i am not in the story yet, but Zhangir promised i would be in
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

Zhangir's Avatar Senator

No no no!!! U can suggest it now!!!
    I will add your Advice in the story!

It is not necessary to BE in the Council in the AAR to make adivces!!!
    PEOPLE!!!

Anyway, I will add you during the next update, but u can advice us any time u want mate ))))
    Royaume de France

The holy roman empire tends to field an army that is based largely off of spearmen. Would be a good idea to weaken them with archers and use your norse axemen to route them and kill all the remaining ones off with your cavalry

This is an intense and dynamic campaign report indeed, well done, Zhangir. Also good job with creating interactions with your readers. You guys should consider running a hotseat//community AAR like God Save the King with an own sub-forum.

Zhangir's Avatar Senator

to jbersie
    I thought the axemen were cool idea

ATTENTION
    I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT

This AAR's writer will go on holiday with his family to lake in the mountains to have a swim. As the lake is in Kyrgyzstan, where the infrastructure for Internet is less developed than in Kazakhstan were I am now (God, stop laughing, that Borat guy is just a fake comediant) , thought it does sound like i am joking

Anyway this AAR's 3 Chapter will be writen only on the 25th of AUGUST

I REALLY REALLY hope ALL Readers and councillors will continue this AAR with me on the 25 th of August, and won't leave me alone in this thread AFTER the vacation ) LOL ))))

Anyways, for now Let me just say that I will now take Medieval in English, so that u guys won't have problems with screenshots

My only concern is that the damn save would load to the new version

Thanks and a pleasan summer to you

See you after the 25th of August! ))))
    Royaume de France