Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: [M2TW AAR] The Help of God, the Love of the People, the Strength of Denmark

Zhangir's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The Help of God, the Love of the People, the Strength of Denmark

Winter

The King is Dead! Glory the New King, King Charles the Scarred, the winner of Hamburg, Stettin, Magdeburg, Prague, Breslau, Oslo, Stockholm, Helsinki and Novgorod!

The news of the new Danish King shaked the world. The Holy Roman Emperor was amongst the first foreigners to recieve the news...
    - What do you know of the Prince? - asked The Emperor
    - Well, - started the embassador of Holy Roman Empire to Arhus, - he has not been in Arhus for years, but people love him. He is a living legend
    - What if we kill him? - asked The Emperor straightforwardly, - His son is young... there are English and Milanese competing for the place of Prince of Denmark now, right?
    - Yes, Your Imperial Highness, - responded the embassador
    - Great, - smiled the Emperor, - He has a son though, Olaf, right?
    - I am amazed of your knowledge, - said the embassador quietly
    - I was researching them, finding weak spots, - smiled the Emperor who was easy to please by a simple phrase full of fake amazement of the Emperor's brainpower
    - My liege?
    - Prepare the troops, - whispered the Emperor, - we will kill the Prince.. or King, whatever his name is and send in Hans, I have a job for his blade...

Back In Rome, the old Milanese Pope was too old to understand what is going on around him... It was rainy and he went to his chambers early...
    He was sleeping in his bed calmly, when two men calling themselves the Hashashins, from the Holy Land, knowing of the Templar's power over the Pope, entered his room. They were quiet and nobody saw them, so good were there skills. Their leader spoke...
    - Altaïr, put a couple of drops of this into the old man's mouth, - the voice was purely Italian.
    - Naham, - the answer was in Arabic by a man who looked like he was from the Middle east.

The leader of the Hashashins was dressed into the robes of a priest and exited the room via door and left to the church downstairs, while Altaïr, had to jump out of the window in the rain, to hide himself and flee...

Even today, few people know of the fact the Milanese Pope was murdered...

The election of the new Pope came with no clear Prefferati gaining the upper hand... It was only due to the circumstance of the respect of the richer men of Rome, that the Hungarian Pope sat on the holy throne...

Laszlo from Hungary was now known as Pope Amatus...

The camp of King Charles was now in Stettin with the bulk of his army, when the news of the new diplomatic situation came, and in them the countries at war were
    The Holy Roman Empire - Denmark
    The countries no longer in Alliance
    Milan - Denmark
    Poland - The Holy Roman Empire...

- So now we are at war with the Germans... - said the new King and looked south, where his new enemies lands lay...

I will now make a screen of the whole map

EDIT

As Nole correctly pointed out, I didn't make it Clear

HRE IS THE AGGRESSOR!
    Last edited by Zhangir; August 17, 2008 at 02:12 PM.
    The Help of God, The Love of the People, The Strength of Denmark - Proud To See The Red Knight make this AAR Truly Epic!
    Sacrum Romanum Imperium Nationis Germanicæ
    Royaume de France

My avatar is not there because of my religion, but because it looks like the first and last letters of my name put together in my Language (I do know what it means)

I thought about one thing, and i could come from Helsinki, not from Riga because Riga is owned by Poland now and i have Finnish heritage
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

Nole4694's Avatar Procrastination Power!

heh, until now I never really knew the strenght of this Kings maddness.... But with that congradulations on the new boy in the family.

I see the russian campain went really exactly according to plan though we must be extra weary of any aggressiveness from either the russians or the HRE. What are your next plans? As before I whole heartedly support the idea of the pilageing of teh northern rabble in the British Isles.

And I have all the hopes that the new pope will be reminded that we helped put him on the hopy throne in future wars to come.

Edit:holy cra p, lol I write this post only to find that there is already a new update so I must recant that last statement and I hope the new pope will not hold anything against you since your cardinal voted for his opponent and we must be picky in the wars we fight for any longer than a year or two will not help our standing with him if you get my meaning.
    Last edited by Nole4694; August 16, 2008 at 10:24 AM.
    God Save The King
    Gosse Durrant - Baron of Huntington - 24

Former contributor to the
    Go on! Take a look at their latest issue!

Under the patronage of the Black Prince

Zhangir's Avatar Senator

Here is the Map of The Danish Kingdom!

Thanks for your comments in advance

BTW! Now AT WAR WITH HRE!

NOW Your Advice is NEEDED a LOT!

Please make sure you will advice me a lot ))))
    Thanks )))
    The Help of God, The Love of the People, The Strength of Denmark - Proud To See The Red Knight make this AAR Truly Epic!
    Royaume de France

My avatar is not there because of my religion, but because it looks like the first and last letters of my name put together in my Language (I do know what it means)

Zhangir's Avatar Senator

But with that congradulations on the new boy in the family.:original:
    Edit:holy cra p, lol I write this post only to find that there is already a new update so I must recant that last statement and I hope the new pope will not hold anything against you since your cardinal voted for his opponent and we must be picky in the wars we fight for any longer than a year or two will not help our standing with him if you get my meaning.
    yea those old guys die to fast, since the priests are old by the time they are pope )))) sad

Pope is quickest way to heaven for cardinal (Dan Brown)

Anyway

Thanks for ur comment Nole4694, I hope Sigmund would advice me on the war with the HRE ))))

To Commander Ruunu well in fact, it's all cool )))
    Shall I add u as Councillor Ruunu then or ? any other name? Ur choice

Also, now I will write the end of the chapter analysis )))
    Royaume de France

Zhangir's Avatar Senator

End of Chapter II

Analyzing the situation:

• Weak, but working economy again! Yet taxes are now cool, as well as Baltic trade, so should be improving in the longer term
    • The Holy Roman Empire = enemy. It's allies are Milan and Russia... Will Russia take revenge???
    • Milan has betrayed us to choose the Germans, who are now our enemy...
    • Three alliances, trade with many countries, Princess sent through France to Rome
    • 1 general who is also our King Charles
    Poland - through marriage of the Prince
    England - through marriage of the Princess

France - through a treaty

We enjoy the control of 10 areas:

The Capital
    Arhus

The Castles of
    Hamburg
    Magdeburg
    Helsinki

The Cities of
    Prague
    Breslau
    Novgorod
    Oslo
    Stockholm
    Stettin

Three settlements left for our taking without any war with other nation still
    - Vilnus
    - Antwerp
    - Brugges

Internal situation is more stable, with much stronger King. People love the King, he has a young son.

A War with The HRE means that we are bordered by Frankfurt, Nurnberg and Vienna to the far south

We have an army lead by the King in the lands between Frankfurt and Antwerp

Comments, from writers of other AARs, people who know Danish history or anybody are welcome.

Extreme gratitude is given to every single person reading and especially commenting, critisising and advising in the AAR, I hope you will stick with me to the End or the Danish Empire.

Questions by me to you (1 , but key and exremely important this time)

- Your variants and versions of the strategy of the War agains HRE!!!

Thanks and keep ur comments on!
    Royaume de France

My king,
    The HRE is a great threat. There extermination would be a great thing. That should be our top priority. Keep some troops in the Russian provinces you have taken over for defense.

With all respect,
    Pericles_plato
    Got nothing...

My king,
    I suggest we strike first at vienna. This will open up their eastern flank and will force the HRE to have to defend on two fronts against our invasion. They will have to spread their forces thin to defend the wider area and will be able to offer less resistance. Plus if we do this in a turn or two we can cut off Bologna from the rest of the empire taking away their main base of trade income and thier one area of Naval might

Well, lets you can make me whoever you want and my shall name is Rauno ( good Finnish-Estonian name)
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

Graf zu Adler's Avatar Semisalis

My lord, I think we should try and find a new, young nobleman to adopt into our family now, as it will be a long time, until the young prince is old enough to command. Should King Charles fall in battle, however unlikely this is, our great empire will fall! But I do have a reccomendation to make. After our princess returns from her mission to Rome, we should send her to court a young german noble I knew once. His name is Maximilian Mandorf. I do not know whether he is still unmarried, or whether he still is the governor of Nuremberg, but should he be there, he will be a loyal ally to us, and, should the need arise, he would be a good heir to our king. And I have a request, mylord. SHould we, in our war with the Empire, take the city of Nuremberg and the surrounding Duchy of Franconia, I would be grateful, if the residence of my family, a mansion within the village of Rotilmar (where I actually live, though nowadays it's called Rödelmaier ), be restored to me. I agree with my fellow concillors that the war with the Reich should be our main priority at the time being. And I suggest that the other councillors should stop playing cards all the time
    And, mylord, I have heard rumours that the murderer of the late pope has been seen within our town of Aarhus. Could it not be, that this fact has something to do with the recent death of our king? Even if not, I could contact him, should we need the services of his order, as my father was said to have some relation to them....though all of his documents are at the mansion at Rotilmar.

OT: That AAR is absolutely FANTASTIC I love the bit with Assassin's Creed, one of my favourite games (other than M2TW, of course), and I'd really enjoy if we had that element in for a bit longer...thus my offer to contact the Hassassin's order (yeah, there are many spellings...Assassins, Hassassin, Hashishim etc)

First off great update.

Now to serious matters. You must aquire a new General as soon as possible to join the Crusade. This may give you a chance to open a Templer or Hospitillar chapter house. These will provide the most powerful cavelry apart from you bodygaurds.

Build up defences at Novgorod and Vienna. These will be the main targets of HRE and Novgorod .

Try and send some priests to the Holy Land or to the Russian pagans. This will provide you with a cardinal worthy of the Papacy. Oce you control Rome you control Europe.

Abhabh of Dubh Linn

Jagdpanzer's Avatar Praepositus

*Russia has lost its most important settlement and is left with a couple of under-developed settlements that can only produce weak units. They will not be able to launch an effective counter-attack if you leave the garrison of Novgorod as it is.

*Ignore the remaining rebel settlements and concentrate on HRE, their settlements are more valuable anyhow because they are better developed than the rebel settlements.

*give the pope a bribe, if you can spare the money, to improve your papal rating.

*Send the army between Antwerp and Frankfurt to conquer Frankfurt. It is the capital of HRE and probably their most important and best developed town.

*Prague seems to have a strong garrison. Break the siege of prague, reinforce its garrison and send a sizeable army to conquer Nurnberg. I would suggest taking Nurnberg instead of Vienna to keep your frontline coherent.

*Try to besiege and conquer Frankfurt and Nurnberg at the same turns or you might be threatened with excommunication before you can conquer the 2nd settlement.

*Maintain your garrison in Breslau. Don't tempt Poland into opening a 2nd front.

*And for god's sake get yourself more generals through adoption or marriage. One general won't be enough to defeat the HRE.

, your faithful red knight.
    Last edited by Jagdpanzer; August 16, 2008 at 01:45 PM. Reason: improving

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Russia without Novgorod is crippled. With a garrison at Novgorod you should be able to sit on the defencive for a while. If its possible to take Vilnius, do so, but do not sacrifice Novgorod for it.

Nuremburg & Frankfurt are key acquisitions. With France & Poland allied on either side, you shouldn't be vulnerable with a push into German territory. Attack is the best form of defence. I do not know of the situation in Italy, but that would leave the HRE with only Vienna & Bologna as cities, and greatly cripples their economy. However, we will need more Generals in order to assault. Try and marry some Generals in with your Princess. Taking cities away from the HRE will be far more valuable than gaining Antwerp / Bruges. If you feel you can muster a force to take them, do so, but do not go out of you way to secure them. The HRE lands are the priority.

Or, you could fight the HRE off and sit on the defencive, hoping the Pope turns against them. In the long run, this will probably be better at defeating the HRE, but other nations will simply grow more powerful in its place.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Graf zu Adler's Avatar Semisalis

I suggested earlier, to get the General that should be in Nuremberg (he is, at least, in the beginning, and with me, the AI often keeps him there). This has a tactical factor, too: If the garrison of Nuremberg is small enough, he should be able to take the city with an army of mercs...if not, send him troops. But the loss of the general would make taking Nuremberg easier.

Zhangir's Avatar Senator

Wow ))) responses! )))

pericles_plato
    Agree fully on that point, though I would like to hear your full opinion on where to strike first and stuff )))
    Thanks anyway )

Commander Ruunu
    Rauno it is then!
    I ll get ur story going soon mate )

Graf zu Adler
    Aha! I am supportive of the Princess bit, but well, I have like 3 Princesses (or 2 wait) I send 1 to the pope, and then she goes to find Istvan for some reason, because everyone does it

And the other one is going to get the HRE General you were talking about! ))) Rotilmar would be restored to your rule Graf, dw about that )))

Erm, about Altair from Assassin's Creed, well I also love the game, it's kind of semi-historic, cool and stuff. Anyway, we will see Altair later )) I promise

What's ur advice on the HRE war though? The first target in ur opinion?

Abhabh of Dubh Linn
    Well firstly, I think I couldn't afford a Crusade now? Erm, I'll need everything for the war with the Empire, and secondly, Vienna is not mine mate ) it's HRE )))
    But the Priests advice is damn important, and btw, I didn't write it, but I do have the Priests around in Novgorod

What's ur advice on the HRE war though?

jbersie

Well, taking Vienna isn't gonna be easy, as well as taking Nurnberg. You see my army with the King is near Antwerp and Frankfurt now... It'll take time to move them
    Otherwise I do agree, that we should eventually cut them off Bologna

The red knight
    Ok, I won't touch the Novgorod garisson )
    In fact I won't try and do something in The East untill i deal with the HRE, just as u said

Ah! I really like ur direct advice. Take frankfurt by that army! Roger that! I was thinking of the same, as well as the Prague advice

But, erm... would'nt it be a problem to gather a sizeable force to take Nurnberg? I mean... well i could try ofc, but leave Breslau or Stettin unprotected, Magdeburg and Hambrug have few men anyway

Ok, Remme, I ll get me a general! Even if he won't be same blood...
    Sadly he will be Prince...

Musthavename
    No, I'd better not risk Novgorod, as u say, it's not worth Vilnus. I take your first advice, I think blitzkrieging the HRE (weird ))) German tactic against the Germans) and taking them fast. If the Pope gets pissed I might get lucky he will die soon, he is like old anyway. Also what would be ur advice on the Nurnberg siege? Which army should i use, should I build another army and take Nurnberg after Frankfurt or wait out with the King's army for the other army to be ready to make a double attack?

This has a tactical factor, too: If the garrison of Nuremberg is small enough, he should be able to take the city with an army of mercs...if not, send him troops. But the loss of the general would make taking Nuremberg easier
    Well Actually yea, I'll do it )))
    Hopefully my Princess is beautifull enough, otherwise I ll kill her! )))

Anyway thanks for ur advice guys!

And btw, where are my other Councillors on War, Sigmund the Wolf and Thorkell the Red??? )))))

And also, as Graf zu Adler said, My dear Councillors stop playing Cards, U got my cardinal Burnt because of that!!! ))))))))) joking
    Well he did get burnt though...
    Royaume de France

Jagdpanzer's Avatar Praepositus

Q:Wouldn't it be a problem to gather a sizeable force to attack Nuremberg?

A: Your garrison of Prague _is_ the force (it looks large enough to get the job done). Sally out to defeat the besieging army and move on to take Nuremberg with most of the garrison. Leave a few (2) units behind and recruit fresh militia spearmen units to upsize the garrison for a possible counter-attack from Vienna. You can also send a few units ((norse)archers) from Magdeburg to prague.
    Don 't worry about the garrisons of Magdeburg, Stettin and Hamburg. Once you besiege Frankfurt and Nuremberg all armies in the area will be send to break those sieges. The enemy AI will break off any sieges to counter-attack your besieging armies.

My lord i have been ill for the last two days and could not contribute, i am most sorry.
    On the HRE, i suggest you lure them, so they keep on attacking you so they get ex-communicated, THEN call a crusade on one of thier cities because that way, they lose a city and they have more christian enemies.

Cnut the Cunning

Edit:- I trieed giving rep to everybody but it says im not allowed so wait for sometime.
    Last edited by stormer; August 17, 2008 at 02:41 AM. Reason: about rep

Abhabh of Dubh Linn
    Well firstly, I think I couldn't afford a Crusade now? Erm, I'll need everything for the war with the Empire, and secondly, Vienna is not mine mate ) it's HRE )))
    But the Priests advice is damn important, and btw, I didn't write it, but I do have the Priests around in Novgorod

What's ur advice on the HRE war though?
    Go on the defensive and HOPE they get excommunicated. Once that happens you should call a Crusade and that should make the HRE many enemies. Other than that just play it safe.

Abhabh of Dubh Linn

My lord,
    You should go after the capital. When you take it Exterminate the lot. They deserve it.
    Sincerely,
    Pericles_plato
    Got nothing...

Nole4694's Avatar Procrastination Power!

I am sorry for my lateness I was sharpening my sword and geting a new set of velvet black armor, it shiny too lol I have a very aggressive and riskey plan so hear me out:

A man has a knife and a purse full of coin, which do you take the coin leaving him a chance to strike back or the knife-hand leaving him defensless and easy to handle? The knife-hand of coarse! I propose we swoop in and take their great casltes out from under their noses! this plan would reduse the enemy to recruiting lowly militia units ready to be plucked. This would also draw attention away from our main settlements and will be very hard for them to take back. We must send spys into the empire to scout out the best path to get to thir most advanced castle(not sure which). But this campain must be well planned for if it goes wrong it goes horribly wrong. there are only two fatal problems with this action 1. we are caught up in bettween 2 or more armies while we are seiging and 2. Or a prolgonged seige of the newly aquired caslte which would nulfy the benefits of the course and leave our main army stranded.

As a fallback plan in case this is too risky for you I would just proposal a small blitz of the surrounding settlements and methodically work your way through tohe empire. This campain however would cause much more caualties even if it succeeds and a great many battles your king must fight through.

Overall my assesment of the situation is that it will be a long war either plan but the first, if done right. will be less painful, and possibly quicker.

Sgmund the Wolf (Nole)
    God Save The King
    Gosse Durrant - Baron of Huntington - 24

Former contributor to the
    Go on! Take a look at their latest issue!

Under the patronage of the Black Prince