Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glory or Death

bomberboy's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Glory or Death

Thanks, there's another version of this in the AAR competion thread.
    Check out my Music reviews here now!
    Bomberboy's reviews
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=175306

Kallum's Avatar I win, you lose!
    Somewhere behind a desk, following the world from behind the save glowing screen that is my desktop

yay he's back
    Carl von Dobeln's son
    How it all began
    Author of the Basileia ton Romaion Series book 1, 2, 3
    The work has been done, the trilogy is completed or has it?

I've only got two more chapter's then its completed. Glad to know some people like it.
    Bomberboy's reviews

Part 2

Third Battle

We marched away from the lords land and crossed the bridge into our on territory and when the men and horses were exhausted, we were forced to stop. I was annoyed at this.
    Phillipe: Come on get back up we need to get to Paris now!
    Captain: My liege I'm afraid the men won't be able to go much further they're tired and so are
    the horses, we mus-
    I pulled my sword out and aimed at his throat I woull not hear defiance from my own staff.
    Phillipe: When I say we move we move.
    John: He's right my king we can't move much further and if we did the wounded would die and the rest will collapse. Would you want that to happen? I thought it through while still holding the sword to the mans throat, I then thought and holsted the sword. We would rest.
    Phillipe: Okay we rest, and by the grace of god I hope we are not followed.

During the night I was in my tent on my own trying to sleep. Something wasn't right. The scouts reported that there was another army of traitors but they did not follow us. Still, they could have. I decided to get out and wonder about the camp. Some men were asleep, others were playing games,others telling stories at a fire. I thought I would join those round the fire. Surprisingly it was a mix of knights and lower troops. When they saw me they were about to move.

Phillipe: Stop, sit down I've come to chat.
    They all sat down with me and there was a pause for a while when one
    soldier gathered the courage to talk to me.
    Soldier: So...my King have anything to...to say?
    Phillipe: I thought you would.
    Knight: I have something. Now we're out will that army still be able to catch
    us? I mean we're out of their lands so why will they.
    Phillipe: As a knight I thought you would know. If they had already received
    news from the survivors they would come to avenge them so yes they would
    attack us even in our own land.
    Levy: But they didn't see us right?
    Veteren: Maybe they did I swear they didn't.
    Levy: You were there!
    Veteren: Yes and there was thousands of them, and the survivers limped into into the camp rather than walk in with what dignity they may have had left. After an hour of telling stories to each other and talking about the battler I decided to leave and then I fell to my bed and slept.

The next day I was awoken by shouts and a shaking by John.
    John: My Lord! The enemy are forming up and are about to attack. We were spotted.
    Phillipe: I know form up the troops and get the squires to prepare my armour. Hurry!
    John nodded and he ran out barking out orders to the men. The squire appeared and helped me put my armour on and I grabbed my helmet and put it on.
    Phillipe: Thanks boy come we have a battle to do.

They arrayed in a rather simple formation and they were coming straight at us.

We were ready for them and since there was little time I didn't say a fancy speech but talked to all of them personally down the line before the battle. We formed up in a defensive formation.

They came at us in a flash, and soon the field was engulfed with shouts, cries of death, the smell of death and dust. We were desperate, under strength and some of us wounded we were in bad shape, and being out numbered made it even worse. They on the other hand were at full strength and despite casualties from bolts, rocks and arrows they were in a good position.

The're cavalry attacked mine all my knights were under strength and even I lost a few of my retuine. But we had the upperhand and soon we pushed them back. But it was a slow and painfull process.

We routed the cavalry and soon turned our attention to the several thousand traitors who along with the're general were beating back my men. We strook fast and hitm hard. Blood and dirt stained our garments, armour, and shields even more than last time. But we routed them all and, in the confusion, my squire killed the enemy general.

The remaining soldiers routed and we chased them down and killed the ones that didn't
    escape.

Later on I knighted the squire for his services to me and saving the army form certain doom. We later checked the body of the general.
    Charles: What is it my king?
    Phillipe: Boy, its the wrong person. But we will get him another time now we must march on to Paris.

To be continued...
    Last edited by bomberboy; September 08, 2008 at 12:47 PM.
    Bomberboy's reviews

Chapter 2

After those three ruthless battles, me and my exhausted army finally reached Paris. We were given a heroes welcome despite the wounded being carried in along with those who had died on the way. News had spread far and wide about my spring of three successful battles. I returned to the castle and my family rushed to greet me.
    Phillipe: Louis, Antoinette its great to see you both. You've grown tall havent you.
    The Children were more happy to see me than I was to see them. They looked different than the last time I saw them. I was lucky they knew it was me. My wife walked up to me. She had not changed a bit and was wearing one of the most beautiful dresses I had ever seen here in. I embraced her and we talked.
    Phillipe: Its been so long since I last saw you.
    Berthe: I know I missed you. I didn't know weather or not you would return. You were gone much to long.
    Phillipe: Still I am alive and well and I'm here to stay for a few months until I have to go again.
    Berthe: Why do you have to go in a few months or even a few weeks every time now?
    Phillipe: Because France needs a leader a strong leader, its people are divided and unsure who their true leader is. I will show them who it is and god is on my side. Trust me I will come back after I reunite France.
    Berthe: Promise?
    Phillipe: Promise.
    I am a man who keeps his promises and I told myself that I will return to her. But first I ahd to go to someone who I also loved.

The church was much bigger than the last time I saw it but there several others in Paris. I went inside and prayed.
    Phillipe: God, I know I have sinned through out my life and killed many people over the years but you must show me some compassion and let me survive the runifacation of my homeland and then I will stop killing, then I will stop sinning.
    I left. I had to make one last trip during the day to complete my tasks of the day.

I walked up to the council chambers door and heard then voices. When I opened it I heard just enough to reply to those words.
    Councilor: John, you have achieved nothing no land was taken and we lost many a soul your lucky gof has not damned you yet.
    Phillipe: God does not damn those who take risks and tries their best.
    The whole room turned towards me. I looked at all of them making sure all of them didn't make a sound until I reached my throne and sat down on it.
    Phillipe: You know counsilor, I've had a rough day. No not a rough day, two rough months! And don't try to moan at my second in command for not gaining territories because a real soldier doesn't need to capture land to do his job right! And I believe it is you who God will damn. Now speak.
    Counsilor: My lord we need to act the traitors are vulnerable once the army is prepared we strike hard and we strike fast. Show them no mercy like they did to us.
    The counsilors were busy 'debating' when the doors slammed open and a dirty messenger who could have been mistaken for a beggar limped towards me.
    Messenger: Message for you sir its urgent.
    Phillipe: Servents give him some food and water plus clean clothes.
    I read the letter it said:

My King, an army of Burgundians have camped out side our city Clermont and if you don't act now we may die.

Citizens of Clermont.

Phillipe: People gather the army we must fight the Burgundians at Clermont.

After the army was drawn up along with fresh feudal-men-at-arms and foot knights we marched off. I knew I let down Berthe but I had to do it the lives of the citizens of Clermont depended on it.

To be continued...
    Bomberboy's reviews

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

i love reading story s other people post. it inspires me in writing my own aar. first peace will be posted soon when i get cinenmatic editer for m2tw working.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

nice but the edit is not the best cause i think the miages are too much edited and it's difficult to see the units

I thought they weren't that good I'll make them more visible next time. Besides I only used colur painting button, nothing much.
    Bomberboy's reviews

I'll check it out.
    Bomberboy's reviews

Quote Originally Posted by bomberboy View Post
    I thought they weren't that good I'll make them more visible next time. Besides I only used colur painting button, nothing much.
    sry for my english i meant it's as u have edited too much

I didn't edit too much, like I said only the colour painting button.
    Bomberboy's reviews

Well, i find it exciting to experiment with the pictures, just not to produce the same results... this story is looking good so far, combining elements of drama and subtle humor.

When I say move, we move

Just a small technical suggestion: make the letters a little bit biger.
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; September 17, 2008 at 03:29 PM.

Default Re: [ATW AAR] Glory or Death

Alright, but the mod is chivalry Total War not Arthurian Total War. I didn't even know it was funny, thought it was more serious.
    Bomberboy's reviews

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12