Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: (UPDATED) The F.R.R.E. CD-Rom v1.1 has arrived! All FRRE mods in a single download!

Default Re: (UPDATED) The F.R.R.E. CD-Rom v1.1 has arrived! All FRRE mods in a single download!

Sorry but I uploaded it some time ago and, ashaming as it might seem, I forgot to copy the link in the thread. Thanks for reminding it to me.

Default Re: (UPDATED) The F.R.R.E. CD-Rom v1.1 has arrived! All FRRE mods in a single download!

Hello folks.

Anyways, I just want to say, awesome. I haven't tried the Mod(s) yet, as I am currently in the process of downloading the CD (Fail internet).

But, despite that, I was so enamored by this project, I went ahead and created a Mirror site for the download. I just NEED to finish downloading it, and then upload it, (Which will probably take a while.)

Anyways, I already PMed Hip63) the link, but I'll post it here too, just don't be alarmed if it says no such file, or what not, it just means I haven't uploaded it yet, or it hasn't finished uploading.

I'll edit this post with a big UPLOADED thing, when the image is all uploaded and ready for download, and add the link.
    Last edited by Demont; March 31, 2009 at 03:00 AM.

Hey buddy!

Thanks very much for your support

I hope you enjoy the Mod

Thanks a lot! Once you post the link, I will add it to the first post.+rep!

I'm currently working on making it more user friendly. (Yay CMS)

I'll let you all know when it's set, and can be uploaded and such.

EDIT: The upload/Download should be working now.
    EDIT 2: Hmm. Apparently not. -_- Damn php.ini file.
    Last edited by Demont; April 01, 2009 at 06:58 PM.

Foederatus

Can someone please tell me, does this mod have the Nordic countries and Finland represented? I´m a finn and I´d love to have a Rome Total War map with Finland in it, as a whole that is, not just a little bit of the southern parts visible, maybe with the nordic countries divided into some regions as they are.

What does this mods "map_regions" file look like, could you post that here for viewing? Just attach it to your message.

Oh yes, and join me in writing e-mails and messages to the CA to release the 200 province limit on RTW and other titles. Paradox Interactive´s Europa Universalis 3 has over 1700 provinces on the whole world map and Hearts of Iron 3 has over 14000 and their maps are made with a similar system than RTW and other TW titles, so it can be done, it´s just a question, will they listen to public opinion and release the restraints on the game and let it fly free in the hands of modders?

I could send you the map files of Europa universalis 3 for mapmaking if you want? I posted them in a thread for "mapmodding", send your mapmakers to get them.

-Cheers from Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Jopo_80 View Post
    Can someone please tell me, does this mod have the Nordic countries and Finland represented? I´m a finn and I´d love to have a Rome Total War map with Finland in it, as a whole that is, not just a little bit of the southern parts visible, maybe with the nordic countries divided into some regions as they are.
    Sorry, but our projects do not cover the nordic regions. Little was known of this part of the world during Antiquity, unfortunately.

Oh yes, and join me in writing e-mails and messages to the CA to release the 200 province limit on RTW and other titles. Paradox Interactive´s Europa Universalis 3 has over 1700 provinces on the whole world map and Hearts of Iron 3 has over 14000 and their maps are made with a similar system than RTW and other TW titles, so it can be done, it´s just a question, will they listen to public opinion and release the restraints on the game and let it fly free in the hands of modders?
    This has been asked by the Community on several occasions with no results. So I wish you the best of luck, but I am afraid that you are wasting your time.

It looks like the CA bussiness scope does not consider the moddability of their projects any more. If they ever did. Just consider their last release, NTW. If ETW had been modder-friendly as RTW or MTW2 were, anyone could have created a Napoleon mod using ETW. Instead of that, they have chosen to do it theirselves.

Thanks a lot from your post and regards from Spain.

Indefinitely Banned

i downloaded the free cd iso but the campaign for 58bc doesnt starts .when i checked the data folder there was no world folder(where campaign files are located)
    PLEASE HEALP

SirGejor's Avatar Biarchus

AVE!!

Excellent mod!!!!! Great work guys!!
    OLD SOLDIERS NEVER DIE
    Veni, Vidi,Vinci - Gaius Julius Caesar...

Thanks again, Sir. Hope you enjoy the mods.

SirGejor's Avatar Biarchus

AVE!

You deserve it guys! They did an excellent job with a GREAT MOD. Congratulations!
    OLD SOLDIERS NEVER DIE
    Veni, Vidi,Vinci - Gaius Julius Caesar...

You guys. I downloaded your full CD today and when i went to start the 77 BC campaign it said "Please select an item from the list". This also happened when i went to start the 58 BC campaign. Just wondering if anyone could set my straight on how to start these campaigns.

Cheers

This usually appears when your Barbarian Invasion game is not updated to the 1.6. version.

f you do not know what version your game is, start it and go to the OPTIONS menu. In the upper right corner it should say ver.1.6. If it says 1.4 you need to install the BI v1.6 patch.
    Hope that this works and welcome to the forum!

Edit: just in case, here is a link to the 1.6. patch:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/Rome+.../fileinfo.html
    Last edited by Salvor Hardin; June 03, 2011 at 04:28 PM.

Ahhh yeah that sorted it. Cheers mate!

Mod looks great.

I have encountered another problem. Every time i go start a battle on either the 77BC campaign or the 58 BC campaign, both crash to the desktop. Is this something to do with my version of BI or something I have done wrong with the installation of the mods?

EDIT:
    I fixed it.
    Last edited by CaptainEngland; June 04, 2011 at 06:08 PM.

Glad to read it. It was the install, I guess.

Possible not a very bright question but can roma surrectum 2 graphics work in this mod?

I wouldn't say it is not bright. It is only a bit imprecise.

By graphics do you mean the battlemap environment, the campaign map textures, the units, the interface or all of it?

The battle map envoriment and the unit graphics.

The battle map environment can be added but requires some expertice.

Concerning the units, you would need to do it one by one, trying to find the ones from RS that are closer to ours, particularly considering that they should have the same weapons. So this would be sort of a titanic effort, to be sincere.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast