Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: (UPDATED) The F.R.R.E. CD-Rom v1.1 has arrived! All FRRE mods in a single download!

Default Re: The F.R.R.E. CD-Rom has arrived at last! All FRRE mods in a single download!

Yeah thats exactly what I did. Do you think its because I have a 64bit? Basically mine looks like this (but isnt in reality because when I click save/apply it wont save):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -mod:58bc -show_err -nm

Default Re: The F.R.R.E. CD-Rom has arrived at last! All FRRE mods in a single download!

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius Vatco View Post
    The First Triumvirate 1.9 is runs on RTW 1.5, 77bc and 58 bc runs on BI.
    It was said on the presentation of the cd what follow :

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    You MUST have a retail copy of Rome: Total War and the Barbarian Invasion Expansion Pack installed and patched to v1.6 to make use of the mods on this disc.

but Octavius Vatco say that TFT 1.9 runs on RTW 1.5.

I patched my all RTW-BI with 1.6. I'm playing TFT 1.9 and I CTD every time around 50 BC. Should it be a bug whith the patch ?

Thank's for the answers.

TFT 1.9 was made for RTW 1.5 originally.
    Though are some mods tested on the BI exe but with some setbacks.
    Like when I tried Res Gestae on BI, there's no custom battle maps, therefore custiom battle would become unavailable if you played it in BI.

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

TFT is the only mod that we encourage to play with the RTW 1.5 engine. all other mods (77BC, 58BC and the future ones) should be played with 1.6.

regards

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

Hey whats up FRRE team. Just wanted to say hi since its so long since i've been on here and played this mod (the very early version ). Well I downloaded the latest version, and I have to say I'm really impressed with the way this mod has progressed, its looking very professional. Anyway, back to playing

BadLt
    FRRE Mods Beta Test Manager

Hey BadLt!

It is always good to hear from old comrades

KA has also put in a surprise appearance. Of course Salvor and I immediately put him to work on Marius-Sulla

I wonder if you can help, I an suffering major frustration because of all the messages saying what a great set of mods this is. But - having gone through the whole process of installing them to a vanilla RTW-BI v1.6, I can't get any to run. In each case I can get as far as the "Single Player" menu, but when I select the actual campaign, all I get is an RTW-style error message "Please select an item from the list". As this is what I just did, I am confused...

Any suggestions anyone? What exactly am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Mike

Hi, Mike. This message is usually motivated by your BI install not being updated to 1.6. or a bad location of the mod folder. Firstly, please run the unmodded Barbarian Invasion game to see if it is truly updated (the version should appear on one of the corners of the game menu).

If it is 1.6., please check that the folder of the mod (be it 77BC, 58BC or TFT) is located in your RTW directory, in the same folder as the BI directory.

Hmm

Blasted odd. I updated BI using the v1.6 patch, but it's only admitting to v1.4... so that could be it, thanks.

Will try updating again.

Mike

Lo and behold, it works!

I re-set up my vanilla RTW-BI (at the original "installed" location), patched it to v1.6 (again...?!?), reloaded the FRRE mods, and they all work!

Mind you, I suspect that the problem may also have been due to my earlier using a _copy_ of RTW-BI, on a different drive, instead of the "installed" copy. I noticed that this time, when loading each of the FRRE mods, they defaulted to the correct "installed" copy, instead of to the default "Activision" folder.

Whatever, it works. Ave Salvor!

Mike

Vale, Mike. Hope you enjoy the mods. Feel free to comment anything or post screenshots!

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: (UPDATED) The F.R.R.E. CD-Rom v1.1 has arrived! All FRRE mods in a single download!

OK, a New F.R.R.E. CD-Rom v1.1 has been uploaded!

The uninstaller bug has been fixed and the 58 B.C. Mod has been updated to version 1.2 with the latest hotfixes included.

The autorun menu has been slightly tweaked and has new theme music too.

http://files.filefront.com/FRRE+CD+v.../fileinfo.html

Any and all mirrors welcome!

hip63
    Last edited by Salvor Hardin; February 14, 2009 at 12:24 PM.

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: (UPDATED) The F.R.R.E. CD-Rom v1.1 has arrived! All FRRE mods in a single download!

excellent my friend!!!

congratulations

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

Graf zu Adler's Avatar Semisalis

The Filefront links are all dead....they all lead to the filefront main page....

I really want to try this.....

I will try to upload it to another site. I will post the new link as soon as possible.

Edit: sorry, but this is going to take more than expected...I do not seem to be able to locate the CD in which I copied the mod...I will keep on looking for it.
    Last edited by Salvor Hardin; February 08, 2009 at 04:36 AM.

Yes please upload a new link as soon as possible It looks awsome.

OK: does anybody have the 1.1. version? I have lost it

The user that posts a download link for the FRRE CD-ROM will be awarded with a bottle of Rioja wine if he ever visits Barcelona in Spain.

I have it amigo!

However which is the best site for uploading a 634 MB file?

Thanks to Bucellarii, the FRRE CD-Rom is uploaded again. As soon as I can, I will place it in other servers.
    Last edited by Salvor Hardin; February 14, 2009 at 12:25 PM.

any news on the download? ive just come across this/these mod(s) and really want to try, but so far i've only come aross the 58 b.c download that actually worked s:

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast