Thread: Fixing my Game

Icon8 Fixing my Game

Firstly Im not sure if this belongs here so if it dosnt could a mod move it to where it belongs.

I brought Call of Duty 4 for my PC. I uninstalled it a few month after installing it and now I want to reinstall it. When I put in the disk the menu comes up exactly the same as when it was installed. When I click Uninstall, Play Multiplayer or Singleplayer the menu closes. The other options work.
    Could someone please help me!:hmmm:
    By the Way Im not very smart in the way of tech so be simple.

Odovacar's Avatar I am with Europe!

Default Re: Fixing my Game

Simply registry accounts remained in there. Windows uninstall sometimes leaves registry entries, so the computer thinks you have the game installed, while you dont have.

You can use a Registry Cleaner or if that fails, manually remove the registry entries, using regedit command in command prompt. But I dont recommend that unless you know what you are doing.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB HORSEARCHER
    quis enim dubitat quin multis iam saeculis, ex quo vires illius ad Romanorum nomen accesserint, Italia quidem sit gentium domina gloriae vetustate sed Pannonia virtute

Sorry Armenia, for the rascals who lead us.

Well I dont know what Im doing and Registry cleaner isnt free so how do I manually remove the registry entries.
    And I think thats the problem btw.

Well first off just manually go into C:\Program Files\Activision\ and delete the call of duty 4 folder. Or whever it was installed. There might be some files left behind there. But you probably do have to go into the registry.
    Go to Start=>Run and type "regedit"

Go to HKEY_Local_Machine
    Then look for Software, then Activision, or InfinityWard, or somethig lke that. Simply delete any and all references to CoD4's installation from here. That should be sufficient, but if you can't find it, or still have trouble, you might be able to look a little more. I'm not remembering the exact folder structure off the top of my head so if that seems way off just let me know

EDIT: I was right first time, amazingly. HKEY_Local_Machine->Software->Activision->Call of Duty 4

Ok I did what you said Dwringer but it did not work. I could not find anything related to Call of Duty 4.

Hm, maybe it's an entirely different issue.

Try going to My Computer. Right click on your CD drive, and click Open or Explore. Look for a file like "setup.exe" or something like that. Right click that file, and select "Run as Administrator" if you're in vista, or just double click the file if you're in XP.

See if that lets you install :\

You mean dvd drive right or do you mean local disk?

Dont worry its working now for some reason

Posts merged~Antissa
    Last edited by Antissa; July 25, 2008 at 04:16 PM.