Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Welcome mat thread

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Welcome mat thread

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    What do you call a man with "Welcome" on his head?
    Someone who lets other people just walk all over him?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowdrummer46 View Post
    I looked for the 3.5.3c hotfix on the download page and it links me to a 3.5.3b download, as well as both links being accually 1 link....not sure if thats right, just thought id mention it
    Oh, bother. The URL parser in this forum needs some work. I'll go fix it promptly. Thank you for letting me know.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Eat Meat Whale Meat
    Technical Staff Citizen Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn Inuit View Post
    Someone who lets other people just walk all over him?
    Q: What do you call a man with "Welcome" on his head?
    A: Matt.

What do you call a man with a pack of dogs on his head?

Stinky?
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

Carados's Avatar Senator

Stinch von Wulfgang??

Hello.

I found this mod looking for something that would provide a 4-turns-per-year script and remove all of those annoying Senate missions.

I was first directed to Rome: Total Realism by a friend and from there to here by some random post back in November that espoused the virtues of Extended Realism over RTR. Not to say that RTR isn’t good but just that ExRM was better.

This is a great mod and I appreciate all of the hard work that has gone into it.

Caesar Augustus's Avatar Senator

Welcome Malt, I hope you enjoy your time here
    Please leave your name if you rep. It will be returned

Definitely! I'm glad you're enjoying the mod, and welcome to the boards!

Hello!
    I tried EXRM some month ago and it's better then all mods I've tried (than FoE too), in historical accuracy and gameplay experience. Good job ! I can't wait for the 4.0 (Could say anything about when you'll release it ?). I'm interested in what you'll do with Sarmatians. In 3.5.3 or I don't know which one is the newest one, you attached the massagate and the saka to the sarmatian regions. These regions as far as I know were not in connection with the sarmatians. To be historically accurate there were massagate, saka and daha tribes in alliance with the sarmatian tribes on the west side of the Caspian sea near the Caucasus, but different from the ones on the east side. I read something abut royal scythians in the suggestion thread, if they are planned to be the massagete, saka, there is a problem because they should be daha too (they were nearly the same tribes, the difference between them mostly the name). I hope you'll find the best solution for these things.

Carados's Avatar Senator

Ahhh, the Sarmatians.

In 4.0 they are likely to control just a single region - the rest being either rebels or belonging to the horse and barbarian superfactions (you can find plenty about those on the forum). They will have the option to horde, so they will be similar to the Huns/Vandals/Sarmatians on vanilla BI.

The Royal Scythians will be part of the horse superfation. The Massagetae will be part of the barbarian superfaction.

The Dahae... I'm not 100% sure what to do about them. The Parthians start off in the Southern part of their territory, but they are a little too close to the Seleucid Empire in that case and they inevitably cause a riot. Far too soon, in my opinion. I'm currently messing about with having them start off higher up the Caspian sea. They'll have an extra region to get through and will slow them down a little bit, thus the Seleucids should be firmly entrenched in warfare with the Ptolemaic Empire and the Galatians by the time the Parthians end up attacking them.

The rest will likely be rebels.
    Developer for the Extended Realism mod for RTR Platinum.
    Developer for RTRVII and protégé of Caligula Caesar

Caesar Augustus's Avatar Senator

Welcome

As Carados says, there are some great plans for the next version. What I've seen of it is very, very sexy.
    Please leave your name if you rep. It will be returned

He's just saying that 'cause we added KLA's Amazons. (j/k)

Welcome, and I'm glad you're enjoying the mod! Carados is right about the steppe factions--we'd like to do more with them, but we're really limited by the number of factions we can have.

Carados's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn Inuit View Post
    He's just saying that 'cause we added KLA's Amazons. (j/k)
    *snickers*

Developer for the Extended Realism mod for RTR Platinum.
    Developer for RTRVII and protégé of Caligula Caesar

Oldgamer's Avatar My President ...
    Illinois, and I DID obtain my concealed carry permit! I'm packin'!

Most of you know me, but I'm a former Professor of Philosophy at a major Catholic University, and now work as a political advisor.

I recently bought a new computer, and loaded both RTW and BI, to see if they work. They do. Then, since I worked on the original RTR, I thought I would download, and found Extended Realism. It looks very good, and by the way, works perfectly on my computers on Win7 (it crashed on Compatibility Mode).

Good work! I'm going back to war ...

Eat Meat Whale Meat
    Technical Staff Citizen Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgamer View Post
    Most of you know me, but I'm a former Professor of Philosophy at a major Catholic University, and now work as a political advisor.

I recently bought a new computer, and loaded both RTW and BI, to see if they work. They do. Then, since I worked on the original RTR, I thought I would download, and found Extended Realism. It looks very good, and by the way, works perfectly on my computers on Win7 (it crashed on Compatibility Mode).

Good work! I'm going back to war ...
    Which of the candidates did you work for in the last election? Do you have any war stories from that, or are you still obliged to keep shtum until they or you retire?

Also, I was looking through some of my old drives the other day, and I found your rendition of Nessun Dorma. Still sounds good.

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Welcome Oldgamer! I'm interested in which version of RTR you worked on?

And you worked tirelessly for the Obama campaign a couple of years back right?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Joking

Oldgamer's Avatar My President ...
    Illinois, and I DID obtain my concealed carry permit! I'm packin'!

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post
    Which of the candidates did you work for in the last election? Do you have any war stories from that, or are you still obliged to keep shtum until they or you retire?
    McCain. I had an argument with several of his top advisors over what to do with his money (which was 1/4th what Mr. Obama had), and they won. What I did was to reach out to social and religious conservatives who were completely turned off by McCain. I didn't get very far with them.

Also, I was looking through some of my old drives the other day, and I found your rendition of Nessun Dorma. Still sounds good.
    Thanks! You should have heard me sing that aria 40 years ago!

@Finn
    For all the good I did, I should have been working for Obama!

Truthfully, I don't remember the version of RTR I worked on (I was a tireless playtester). But it was the first version in which amphibious invasions became common. I hated Illyria, for that reason ...
    Last edited by Oldgamer; September 29, 2010 at 07:59 PM.

Nessun Dorma? Awesome.

Yeah, the Illyrians would show up non-stop if they had prefers_naval on. It eventually got a bit silly and I turned it off. I'm glad you're enjoying the ExRM!

Laetus

Hey, I'm darth_dov. Been playing around with several mods for a while now, and figured I'd join the forums. ExRM is my favorite mod so far, although EB comes close as well (I prefer the battles in ExRM and the campaign seems more exciting). Well done to all involved in making the mod, you've done a fantastic job (obviously those who laid the groundwork with RTR as well).

Tiro

Welcome!
    ExRM grunt modder and player.
    Historical discussions & modding Rome: Total War. How much better can it get?

Welcome to the boards, Darth Dov. I'm glad you're enjoying the ExRM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast