Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Das Heilige Römische Reich - FAQ & Questions thread

Default Re: Really?

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    it cant be destroyed, but max 15% of the population can be jewish.
    Is there any way to change it? Also when do like good units become available besides just sergents?

Favorite Goalies

Default Re: Das Heilige Römische Reich - FAQ & Questions thread

Sure there is. You just need to alter the EDB entries.

For the availability of new units have a look at the 'Era- / Research- / Tech-System' thread. There is a list when de different techs become available. This should give you a rough impression when certain units become available.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Dimitri_Harkov; July 15, 2008 at 02:44 AM.

Retired creator of 'Das Heilige Römische Reich' - Get v. 0.7 here.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit my homepage.
    --------------------------------------------
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

what should i alter i cant find anything about destructible buildings

Favorite Goalies

You have to remove the 'hinterland_' before it, and change all other files that refered to that name.

For more info on modding buildings see 'A guide to guilds' in the M2TW tutorial section. While it is primarily concerned with guilds, it also tells you everything you need to know concerning buildings in general.

But to be honest, I don't really get why you want to remove them. They give much more boni than mali.

Cheers,
    D.

Visit my homepage.
    Proud son of jimkatalanos, grandson of Garbarsardar and father of DerDiskusWerfer and HannibalExMachina.

I am trying to make all my cities 100% cath. Also two final question. The era system. How can i modify it so i can recruit all units right away. Dont get me wrong for people who like realism thats an awsome feature I just want to be able to have a huge army of knights right away. And lastly. When i try to start a custom battle I get an insta ctd. What is wrong?

Favorite Goalies

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

Question:

Is the Duke of Austria an elector for emporer? Im pretty sure he isnt (cuz i cant vote) but i wanted to make sure. If he isnt is there any way he becomes and elector

@Meister Sibrand:

You may get rid of the era-system if you delete all era-system related counters from the EDB (their names are quite obvious).

Custom Battles: I'm getting tired of answering that. Just read the FAQ please. It says 'they are disabled' in a hundred places all over the forum, not least in the readme, the description & the FAQ.

@pchalk:

No he is no Elector, and at the moment there is no way to become one during the game. I have some options in mind for a different approach, but it's not easy to find one that is not easily exploitable by a human player.

Cheers,
    D.

Visit my homepage.

How would I enable custom battles?

Not for this mod, I think that Custom battles have been disabled somehow on my version and I would like to fix this.

Hm... I think you better post your question in the modding section or the technical assistance forum.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that you maybe installed a mod that screwed up your original game (old mods often do this, and even some of the newer ones do)

Cheers,
    D.

Visit my homepage.

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_Harkov View Post

@pchalk:

No he is no Elector, and at the moment there is no way to become one during the game. I have some options in mind for a different approach, but it's not easy to find one that is not easily exploitable by a human player.

Cheers,
    D.
    ok sounds good, I wish I could help unfortunately im a bit of an idiot when it comes to modding .

Default Re: Das Heilige Römische Reich: We've Been Featured in a German Magazine (again)

UPDATE:

HRR has also been featured in the September issue of German Magazine 'PC ACTION'.
    Last edited by Dimitri_Harkov; July 24, 2008 at 08:40 AM.

Visit my homepage.

Default Re: Das Heilige Römische Reich: We've Been Featured in a German Magazine (again)

Wait till they see v0.7. Their eyes will melt as they gawp at it's awesomeness.

Bleda's Avatar Domesticus

Icon3 Vassals to the HRE

Historically, the Milanese City-state was a Vassal to the HRE for some time. In the game, should (or can) it be possible for another to be a vassal of the HRE as a whole or as a vassal of the individual HRE faction?
    If it's not been done already, I would suggest that propsing Protectorate status should not always be "Very Demanding", but rather it would be something you could bargain for. anyone disagree?

Default Re: Vassals to the HRE

Well, yes... I have to disagree.

Vasalls unbalance the game money-wise. It seems they generate money out of nowhere and transfer insane amounts of it - and on top of that, these effects are hardcoded. A modders nightmare...

It's a shame - I would really like that feature if it worked properly.

Cheers!

Visit my homepage.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

well, would already be glad if the AI would make an alliance with me from time to time

I read somewhere in one of Alpacca's tutorials that one only has to edit the money values in the scripts to change it, and there is a specific .txt I've been working on to change the value of a protectorate proposition. unfortunately to no avail yet. I'm guessing there is a corollary file that must be edited as well.

You'll be promoted to Opifex on the spot if you manage to mod Vassals in M2TW - a thing no-one has ever managed before (apart from the diplomatic stuff connected to it).

Visit my homepage.

I don't know if I should be encouraged or disheartened. But I'll keep working on that

Zymran's Avatar Ordinarius

Good luck
    Terror of the Steppes: a Kypchak AAR
    Check out my tutorial: how to change one faction into another HERE

Zymran's Avatar Ordinarius

I think we should advertise on TWC frontpage - 0.7 on the way or something ...what we say doesn't really matter so long as we attract attention. I like the new life we've had in the forum recently. It'd be nice to have some more newbies, don't you think?
    Terror of the Steppes: a Kypchak AAR
    Check out my tutorial: how to change one faction into another HERE