Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia name dispute.

Romanos IV's Avatar The 120th Article, § 4
    the hell outta here (Athens, European Client State of Greece)

Default Re: Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia name dispute.

Quote Originally Posted by Cluny the Scourge View Post
    Macedonia should seek to reclaim their ancestral homelands from Greece - by force if necessary. Those lands are being occupied by a foreign power.

Like Aquitaine, for example. Much of what the hated French now dare to call "their" country belong to the Norman line of the Kings of England - and we should take back what is properly ours.

Likewise the displaced Indian peoples in the US should seek to smash the entire federal union and reapportion the land according to pre-1600s tribal lines, the Aboriginal peoples of Australia should drive the invader into the seas, and, for that matter, the whole world should drown in blood.

Red is a pretty colour.
    No. I won't care about that post. Offensive behaviour is forbidden here. Also, if you want to be noticed, use arguments instead of that extremely bad-quality post.
    Under the noble patronage of Jimkatalanos

Macedonia should seek to reclaim their ancestral homelands from Greece - by force if necessary. Those lands are being occupied by a foreign power.
    The only foreign power there are the slavs who call themselves Macedonians!

What haven't the Greeks cried about? The Turks, The Slavs and now the Macedoniaians?

The fact is that Greeks or Greece will never be happy unless eveyone starts revolving around them during the time of Sparta and Athens.

Macedonia is a beautiful country and has a lot of potential in it. It is because of the Greeks that this potential is being ruined because a bunch of Whiners cannot get it though thier head that the prime time for Greece is over.

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

Quote Originally Posted by The Turkish Sultan View Post
    What haven't the Greeks cried about? The Turks, The Slavs and now the Macedoniaians?

The fact is that Greeks or Greece will never be happy unless eveyone starts revolving around them during the time of Sparta and Athens.

Macedonia is a beautiful country and has a lot of potential in it. It is because of the Greeks that this potential is being ruined because a bunch of Whiners cannot get it though thier head that the prime time for Greece is over.
    Why someone who origins from central Asia,not neighboring with Greece has such a hate for Greece and Greeks

Grow up kiddo..

The majority of the Turks in this forum are open minded and friendly,

your opinion counts nothing cause it's based on your Anti-Greek feelings
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

How important is it to everyday life that people from a region called macedonia want to be called macedonia?
    falnk with cavlary. stay a way from muder hoels.

Originally Posted by Cluny the Scourge

Like Aquitaine, for example. Much of what the hated French now dare to call "their" country belong to the Norman line of the Kings of England - and we should take back what is properly ours.

Likewise the displaced Indian peoples in the US should seek to smash the entire federal union and reapportion the land according to pre-1600s tribal lines, the Aboriginal peoples of Australia should drive the invader into the seas, and, for that matter, the whole world should drown in blood.

Red is a pretty colour.
    I think this is satire, not his actual beliefs.

Anyways, is the Greek/Macedonian problem caused mainly because the Macedonians are claiming a heritage that the Greeks think is theirs?

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Achtung! View Post
    I think this is satire, not his actual beliefs.

Anyways, is the Greek/Macedonian problem caused mainly because the Macedonians are claiming a heritage that the Greeks think is theirs?
    Where u live? Go to the nearest Greek embassy, get a visa (if u live in EU u wont have to do that), and take a oneway ticket for Thessaloniki. Dont worry, i will pay u the ticket myself, no worries. You do that, come to Thessaloniki, and say that in the middle of downtown. Just go to Navarino and yell what you so freely said in a forum. Do that and dont worry about finance, i will pay for everything, your ticket, your taxi, your funeral, everything.

Where u live?
    Midwestern America, so that plane ticket will cost you quite a bit.

Sorry if I offended anyone by my question but it was just that, a question.

So, why is this question offensive, honestly not trying to offend anyone, just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by neoptolemos View Post
    You think that mockery is the right tool to make posts?

Common.....
    Yes, it is by far the most effective method to highlight the folly of someone's position on a subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanos IV View Post
    No. I won't care about that post. Offensive behaviour is forbidden here.
    It depends on what you mean by "offensive behaviour". If you mean name-calling and off-topic posts about sexual depravity, for example, then yes, you're right.

If, as you seem to be implying here, you think it means that you have a right not to be offended by what you read in the thread, you are in error.

If your attitude toward a subject is ridiculous, you can guarantee that someone is going to ridicule you.
    Cluny the Scourge's online Rome: Total War voice-commentated battle videos can be found here: http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=C...e1&view=videos - View on High Quality only.

Cluny will roast you on a spit in your own juice...

Dodge
    How important is it to everyday life that people from a region called macedonia want to be called macedonia?
    The region Macedonia historically and geographically was inhabited by Greeks and at the 6th century slavic population had crossed Danube and settle in Balkans.
    During the years of Byzantine and Ottoman rule there were identified two nationalities Macedonian Greeks and Bulgars.(all the European Travelers had pointed that out in their traveler's lodge)

Hmm lets see slavs who were identified as Bulgars before 1944 want to be called "Macedonians"

If you are a true Macedonian=Greek that thing bothers you a lot

Achtung!
    Quote:
    Where u live?
    Midwestern America, so that plane ticket will cost you quite a bit.

Sorry if I offended anyone by my question but it was just that, a question.

Quote:
    So, why is this question offensive, honestly not trying to offend anyone, just wondering.
    Philipp II and his son Alexander the great were rulers of the Greek kingdom of Macedon in Northern Greece.

THey were though the first Greek rulers who named "Leaders of the Greeks".Thus being the first who were accomplice the unification of Greeks(well still some, including Lacedaemon stayed out) they are considered the "Fathers" of Greeks as a nation

As an American is really hard to feel exactly who a Greek feels about this matter but think as an example if someone claims that the Pilgrim fathers or George Washington were not the fathers of America but another's (with NONE historical or rational argument) nation's leaders.....
    How that make you feel:hmmm:

@Cluny the Scourge

Educate yourself,get informed for the matter and stop playing the role of: "I am a smart guy and i will humiliate the irrational and close minded Greeks"
    Last edited by neoptolemos; July 14, 2008 at 05:56 PM.
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

As an American is really hard to feel exactly who a Greek feels about this matter but think as an example if someone claims that the Pilgrim fathers or George Washington were not the fathers of America but another's (with NONE historical or rational argument) nation's leaders.....
    Quite a helpful analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Achtung! View Post
    Quite a helpful analogy.
    Happy to clarify it my friend

You know it is kind of insulting to be accused as a nationalist while the only think Greeks want from FYROM is to have a composed name,which may include the term "Macedonia" as a geographical characterization,and respect to Greek history and Macedonian Greek identity.

At this moment FYROM has a nationalistic government which had based all it's pre electional campaign against Greece

Greece have not shown maps which include FYROM as claiming lands.On the other hand FYROM prime minister had made speeches with propagandistic maps of "Greater Macedonia" as background:hmmm:
    Luís de Camões

This thread seems to be getting heated.Please stay on topic and refrain from attacking others on a personnal level.

Ta

Noble Savage
    Under the protection of jimkatalanos
    with further protection from
    Calvin R.I.P mate, Cúchulainn , Erebus26 , Paggers Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    and Future Filmmaker

Greeks, as an Australian, I know how you're feeling.

God damned, Austria stole our name.

Quote Originally Posted by neoptolemos View Post
    The region Macedonia historically and geographically was inhabited by Greeks and at the 6th century slavic population had crossed Danube and settle in Balkans.
    During the years of Byzantine and Ottoman rule there were identified two nationalities Macedonian Greeks and Bulgars.(all the European Travelers had pointed that out in their traveler's lodge)"
    Don't get me wrong I side with the Greeks on this matter, however I don't understand why people get so serious about it.

I know Alexander was Greek, I know 'Macedonia' (FYROM) is slavic. First of all I don't understand why Greece can't accept the name Macedonia for a country based in Macedonia, and I also don't understand why Slavs are trying to hijack Greece's history. What a stupid arguement.
    falnk with cavlary. stay a way from muder hoels.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Don't get me wrong I side with the Greeks on this matter, however I don't understand why people get so serious about it.

I know Alexander was Greek, I know 'Macedonia' (FYROM) is slavic. First of all I don't understand why Greece can't accept the name Macedonia for a country based in Macedonia, and I also don't understand why Slavs are trying to hijack Greece's history. What a stupid arguement.
    My friend you are right:
    As Thoykidides said:History is a number of facts that can not be changed!
    Unfortunatly all is about politics!You may know history but as proven the majority of people in the west don't!
    If a superpower would like to brake the existing countries in to smaller(see Yocoslavia or others)it must have a reason to invade even this will be face(see Iraq)!So if the slavic state takes a fake name based on "Macedonia"none can garandy that the day after tomorow US or another superpower "beleiving'that helps a nation that does not exist(slavic/bulagrian macedonians)would invade to Greece to separate a part of it!
    Do not beleive alliences(do not be naive)...Iraq,Afganistan,Iran,Yugoslavia,all of them were allies to a superpower that invaded to them!!!!!!
    The most untrastworthy ally!!!!!
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; July 15, 2008 at 05:06 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Romanos IV's Avatar The 120th Article, § 4
    the hell outta here (Athens, European Client State of Greece)

Yes, it is by far the most effective method to highlight the folly of someone's position on a subject.

It depends on what you mean by "offensive behaviour". If you mean name-calling and off-topic posts about sexual depravity, for example, then yes, you're right.

If, as you seem to be implying here, you think it means that you have a right not to be offended by what you read in the thread, you are in error.

If your attitude toward a subject is ridiculous, you can guarantee that someone is going to ridicule you.
    In this thread, I put the rule " ARGUMENTS" cause I have predicted some posts with that behaviour. Your post was offensive because without any arguments you want to show you know everything about that issue and it would be fair enough to change borders, do whatever F.Y.R.O.M. wants. Read your post again. Did you see arguments? Do you think it was fair?

Anyway, to sum up:
    Points against Greece:
    1)every country can have every name it wants.
    Points against Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia:
    1)they are not descendants of the Ancient Macedonia: They represent a fake history.
    2)they shouldn't have territorial names against other countries.

What about "minorities"?
    Under the noble patronage of Jimkatalanos

Quote Originally Posted by Burnum View Post
    Greeks, as an Australian, I know how you're feeling.

God damned, Austria stole our name.
    although you trying to be funny just for yout information
    German:Osterreich:
    English:Austria

English:Australia:The southern land(from latin)

Nationalities:
    Austria-Austrians
    Australia-Australians
    There are different
    Luís de Camões

H.r.E.'s Avatar Ducenarius

childish slavs:hmmm:

Quote Originally Posted by MaximiIian View Post
    Nah. Rolls off the tongue about as well as a mouthful of screws.

You know, it's very rude to troll. It only makes you angrier, which isn't healthy for you. I didn't insult you or your country, and you have no reason to insult me or mine.

Ridiculous scaremongering.
    I did not mean to insult you, and I am sorry if that occured. I only wish to show you that in countries with a great history, the past plays an important role on people's lifes. It is a fact that can be fully understood by people with a long history, and that's why the name dispute seems totally meaning less to you.
    Again I am sorry if I said anything that insulted you.
    Anyway, you can't ignore the facts that Macedonia is Greek and that's why the Greeks cannot bear in mind that another country formed after the breakup of Yugoslavia in 1989-1991 has a name like that.