Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug Thread & Discussion

Reverend Scott's Avatar Senator

Default Re: -East of Rome-

A most excellent choice of temporal placement for this mod! A most fascinating age indeed. What if Attila had made some better lifestyle choices and lived longer?

Or is he going to be scripted to die in early 453 C.E.?
    www.samsarra.com
    iTunes:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id498281682?ign-mpt=uo%3D5
    Proud Beta tester for 300 Warlords of Sparta
    Proud Beta tester for Hic Est Lacedaemon
    Proud Beta tester for British East India Company - The Indian Mutiny (BEIC)
    Proud Beta tester for American Civil War - The Blue and the Grey 2.65-3.0

Default Re: -East of Rome-

no it wont be scripted for his death

Icon7 Re: -East of Rome- Suggestion & Questions Thread

I noticed that you put the Lakhmids in Roman culture in the faction list, weren't they Arabs and have the Islamic culture?

If you put the city of Baktra in would it be under Hephalite control? It was a rather developed city and did not look like a city in the steppes, so are you going to make it start with sassanian culture?
    • Karl Marx made a great contribution to the liberation cause of mankind, and because of his immortal exploits his name is still enshrined in the hearts of the working class and peoples of all countries.
      • [1], 1983, Let Us Advance Under the Banner of Marxism-Leninism and the Juche Idea

Default Re: -East of Rome- Suggestion & Questions Thread

there is no space for the Arabs to have their own culture so Lakhmids being under Roman Allieship they are with them, also yes some cities which belong to hepthalite culture will be Sassanid looking with the settlement creator sassanids...

Quote Originally Posted by Nakharar View Post
    there is no space for the Arabs to have their own culture so Lakhmids being under Roman Allieship they are with them
    In the thread with the faction list you have the Muslim Caliphate with an Islamic culture, wouldn't he Lakhmids have that or the Sassanian culture look eastern, or is the thread I looked at outdated?

Anyway what ever you choose it will be a great mod.
    • Karl Marx made a great contribution to the liberation cause of mankind, and because of his immortal exploits his name is still enshrined in the hearts of the working class and peoples of all countries.
      • [1], 1983, Let Us Advance Under the Banner of Marxism-Leninism and the Juche Idea

Lakhmids wouldnt be Islamic since that wasnt around, and they were Roman allies, also the only thing culture means is buildings, UI, 2d art but we might change that as Lakhmid baths dont sound right were discussing it

According to Wikipedia there was a Confederacy called the Gokturk Confederacy, is it possible for them to be in the game?

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by lenin96 View Post
    In the thread with the faction list you have the Muslim Caliphate with an Islamic culture, wouldn't he Lakhmids have that or the Sassanian culture look eastern, or is the thread I looked at outdated?

Anyway what ever you choose it will be a great mod.
    Islam? Caliphate? In 519 AD? You've got to be kidding... Arabs are either pagans or christians like the Lakhmids or all the Syrians under ERE rule.

As for the Gökturk Khaganate, they rule the steppes from the Black Sea to the Xinjiang from 551 to 747, then they separated. They're the ancestors of all turkic-related people, from the "chinese" Uighurs to the european Bulgars. Some historians link them to the ancient Scythians.

Here's an article on Gökturks, from the few I know It's OK.

there is no Gokturk faction

the Islamic Caliphate emerges in 632

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Nakharar View Post
    there is no Gokturk faction
    I know I was just answering to some people who posted here.

the Islamic Caliphate emerges in 632
    Nooo... Really? Big news!

Seriously, th rise of the first caliphate should be taken in consideration, as should the Gökturks as an invading horde in the northeast fring of your map, but these are suggestions like the thread title suggests and you're the boss. In the boss we trust!

thanks, the Islamic Caliphate will emerge, as said, all desicions pass the team first, and i make public polls so the team gets a general idea...

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

make sure that most of the world is pagan and the roman empire is kinda split.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

Takverely's Avatar Biarchus

and when you do Georgian units? I think it will be the best mod ever. good job men

thank you Nakharar for doing this mod
    Last edited by Takverely; February 26, 2009 at 11:31 AM.

There is no Georgia faction there is a Kingdom of Kartli faction we will work on them in time

Kingdom of Kartli was Georgian kingdom as the kingdom of cilicia was Armenian kingdom. so I think it is not a mistace to say Georgian units.

thanks for information

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pacha View Post
    As for the Gökturk Khaganate, they rule the steppes from the Black Sea to the Xinjiang from 551 to 747, then they separated. They're the ancestors of all turkic-related people, from the "chinese" Uighurs to the european Bulgars. Some historians link them to the ancient Scythians.
    Every Iranian is going to kill them for that

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

have you already done the campaighn map? I only wanted to see the kingdom's locations and the settlements.

we have a campaign map still in production and regions arnt finished

I don't know if this will be too hard to do, but it would be amazing if the Muslim Caliphate had to deal with the rebels AKA the Murtadeen (the ones who rebelled) after the death of the prophet Mohamed PBUH.
    Rebels like Musailama al Kathab (Musailama the Liar) for example fought against Abu Bakr (the first Calipha) and was destroyed by Khaled Ibn Al Waleed.
    I could provide the research needed for the rebel wars that the Muslim Caliphate had to go through.

Another suggestion would be the introduction of Arab Christian mercenaries. During the wars with the Sussanid Persians, Christian Arabs made a big part of the Persian armies.

I would just like to point out that the Prophit Muhamed's face shouldn't be identified, and his being shouldn't really appear as it might offend some Muslims, I guess some of this might apply to the Caliphas as well, but not to the same extent.

More suggestions to come with the updates
    KEEP UP the good work
    I wish I could mod and help you guys out.

I could do research if you like lol...

EDIT: if you like the Muslim idea, I could do more research on battles that made Islam succeed. For example the battle of Badder and Al-Khandak. If you want you could add these things to the Muslim Campaign, it would certainly make the mod much more interesting.
    Last edited by Outlawed; March 29, 2009 at 12:41 PM.

thx we have a Islamic researcher however themap doesnt include Arabia so they will be emergant in 632 with armies, there will be arab Christian mercenaries and the Lakhmids will be a minor faction ,Mohammed wont be ingame when Islamic Caliphate emerges they emerge with Abu Bakr are we allowed his face? to show his face? Then theres Umar... after that the game decides, also battle we have researcher but you think you can help us with Islamic Traits and Buildings and Ancillaries?>