Page 10 of 78 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: Company of Heroes

xxax's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Company of Heroes

Oh don't get me wrong. More COH is always welcome. I was just looking foward to Russians and another totally different playstyle.

blank's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    For the reason you just said
    Ah, so you're just guessing. I thought i missed a preview or something...
    My pony jumps ever so high

Darkragnar's Avatar Member of Ordo Malleus

Quote Originally Posted by xxax View Post
    Oh don't get me wrong. More COH is always welcome. I was just looking foward to Russians and another totally different playstyle.
    I agree , Russians would have been a welcome addition but i guess as someone said earlier , it would be a good idea to keep them for CoH 2.

I just wish they'd be done and get the damn thing out already , i cant wait to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by blank View Post
    Ah, so you're just guessing. I thought i missed a preview or something...
    i dont think hes guessing , they would have announced a new fraction in their feature list but instead they just announced more units among otherthings.
    Member of the House of Marenostrum
    They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say ****, it's raining!

Guderian's Duck's Avatar Decanus

The new 'expansion' is going to be downloadable content in the form of a new co-op campaign. The campaign centers on the life of a Tiger ace. The 'direct fire' mode is how relic is doing coop gameplay. One player will drive the Tiger while another mans the turret. The new models and skins are already out in the public in the Company of Heroes beta patch.

And I for one don't hope they add the Russians. At least one of the major combatants of World War II will remain with its dignity intact. Relic has managed to butcher history so far for the British, Americans, and Germans.
    The Jagdpanzer IV was a tank destroyer developed against the wishes of Heinz Guderian. Its large gun and heavy frontal armor led to poor mobility and made them difficult to operate in rough terrain, leading their crews to nickname them Guderian Ente; Guderian's Duck.

Are you sure ?
    because that direct fire thing sounds useless for a multiplayer person like me.
    They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say ****, it's raining!

blank's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Guderian's Duck View Post
    The new 'expansion' is going to be downloadable content in the form of a new co-op campaign. The campaign centers on the life of a Tiger ace. The 'direct fire' mode is how relic is doing coop gameplay. One player will drive the Tiger while another mans the turret.
    So you just drive one tank? It's an FPS basically then? :hmmm:
    My pony jumps ever so high

xxax's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Guderian's Duck View Post
    The new 'expansion' is going to be downloadable content in the form of a new co-op campaign. The campaign centers on the life of a Tiger ace. The 'direct fire' mode is how relic is doing coop gameplay. One player will drive the Tiger while another mans the turret. The new models and skins are already out in the public in the Company of Heroes beta patch.

And I for one don't hope they add the Russians. At least one of the major combatants of World War II will remain with its dignity intact. Relic has managed to butcher history so far for the British, Americans, and Germans.
    Em where did you get that info? Cuz it's not downloadable content, it's a standalone expansion pack.

Annoucement:
    Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor is the next standalone chapter in the award-winning Company of Heroes franchise, featuring all-new content, including three single-player campaigns, new multiplayer modes, additional maps and units. Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor also introduces a new “direct-fire” feature that allows players more tactical control of their units and more strategic options in-game. Developed by internal studio Relic Entertainment and powered by Relic’s proprietary Essence Engine™, Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor is fully compatible with Company of Heroes and Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, allowing players who own the entire series complete access to the epic battles of World War II. For more information on Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor, please visit www.companyofheroesgame.com.
    Forum post:
    Hey folks, I just wanted to clear up some of the initial questions about Tales of Valor.

1) No new factions are going to be introduced in Tales of Valor.
    2) The new units are new models and textures. New.
    3) Direct fire is something that we're featuring in the campaign, and perhaps one of the new multiplayer modes. It's not something you'll be using in a standard multiplayer game.

There ya go. I think that the expansion will have something for everyone, single-player fans and fans of multiplayer.
    Althou most people on the Relic forums are pessimistic and are saying it will be COH Gold with new campaign and textures.

We shall see...

€30 for new textures!?

Liberté est un privilège à moins qu'elle soit appréciée par une ou plusieurs

Sounds a bit like they're just taking what they have, shake it thoroughly and release it as a "new" addon. They really do apply this "milk to the last drop" mentality to all their games, don't they.

english tyrant's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by blank View Post
    So you just drive one tank? It's an FPS basically then? :hmmm:
    How does that work? you can't control your troops and drive a tank at the same time.:hmmm:

Guderian's Duck's Avatar Decanus

I went to the Relic open house. That's what we were shown. They have since added new content--but the campaigns are all going to be the same type.

If you frequent the relic forums, you should know by now not to listen to anything those whiners say. The CoH section of that forum is one of the worst places on the internet.
    Last edited by Guderian's Duck; November 06, 2008 at 03:01 PM.
    The Jagdpanzer IV was a tank destroyer developed against the wishes of Heinz Guderian. Its large gun and heavy frontal armor led to poor mobility and made them difficult to operate in rough terrain, leading their crews to nickname them Guderian Ente; Guderian's Duck.

I read a little article on it today and like Guderian said, the campaign is essentially about controlling one unit and sometimes its support. Basically you control a single Tiger tank in Normandy, have a crew who can be "upgraded" with time, so that the tank shoots faster or it can fire special ammo and things like that. The AI won't be able to see the entire map anymore but basically only what its own units can see, so that gameplay will become more tactical when you sneak up on enemy tanks in a town or something like that.
    I gotta say the concept sounds interesting, though it's straying far from the original and I'm curious how it's gonna play out.

Oh so they put you in the boots of Whitman then

I dont know how excited about this gameplay development i am, i guess i cant surprised that im not because they haven't talked about the Multiplayer part yet, i dont really care about SP in CoH

I have been playing around in CoH and i was wondering if anyone here plays it still , if you do would you be willing to join with me and start kicking other peoples ass ?

I play Panzer Elite , and i am sick and tired of losing Automatch's because of random pieces of dickheads with dicks for brains makes me wish for a Spanish Inquisition against Stupid.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

I am still playing Company of Heroes so you can find me if you want.

By the way, you can always choose map that is good for you (for PE it means maps without street fight).

Quote Originally Posted by Darkragnar View Post
    I have been playing around in CoH and i was wondering if anyone here plays it still , if you do would you be willing to join with me and start kicking other peoples ass ? .
    I have to install again as I just reinstalled windows, but I play this sometimes. What's your name in-game?

I use Garnier and GarnierMcGarvey.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

My ingame name is SSteelFist , ill add you now garnier.

Whats you're ingame name hellheaven?

hellheaven1987

Just added both of you guys, maybe we can get together do a 3v3

How about a 1v1 now??