Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Curia Ivlia, Consulate of Lepidus/Ulpianus (II)

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

Default Re: Curia Ivlia, Consulate of Lepidus/Ulpianus

OOC: It did made sense.

"However, if these noble gentlemen both refuse the Censor office, whom should we appoint? Should it be some Praetor candidate, some Tribune, some Quaestor, a private citizen? That wouldn't do and you know it very well! The constitution says that only those that have completed their Cursus Honorum can run for the office of Censor, no-one else! It would be foolish to entrust an office of such great responsibility to a junior Senator!"

OOC2: Reference to the constitution;

Certain requirements exist for a senator to be considered ready to be Censor. First, he must have fully completed the Cursus honorum up to Consul, and then served either as Proconsul or lived two years in Rome. Next, the sitting Censors must approve his candidacy. Any candidate who is denied by the censor may not run again until the next election.
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Indefinitely Banned

maybe we should change the constitution in case something like this happens.

"I see no reason a man cannot do both, there is no law that states the Censor MUST be in Rome... Africanus can govern his province and take the Census of the people, Greece is not THAT far away.

Barring that, we would simply not have a Censor. No one can be forced to take a position, and no one should be forced. We can reconsider the position every six months, so perhaps when Falco does return he can take the position, albiet only for a year and a half (3 weeks). That is the most fair way that we can do it. To force a man to do anything is absolutely reprehensible."
    Caeso Decimus Crassus (32)

Winter's Avatar Civitate

ooc: There will be no sharing of positions. That sets a bad precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

KoS's Avatar Dux Limitis

Let it not be forgotten by the Senate that, as Aediles, Cassius and I are unable to review and update the budget until a Censor is appointed. Surely our constitution has a way around this minor problem, would it not?
    R.I.P. God Save The King (2008-2013)

"Why would you have that trouble? The Censor is not responsible for the finances, the Quaestor is... The Censor merely keeps track of the Census.

Vitruvius sighs,

"I am not certain I am qualified, but if it resolves the problem I will forgo my propraetorship and run for Censor, I do have some experience as I was Censor a brief time last Term"
    Last edited by Grandis Latro; July 08, 2008 at 03:27 PM.
    Caeso Decimus Crassus (32)

Indefinitely Banned

"Hmmm i would agree fully with you to becoming Censor but if you are not quailfied for the position then i am fully against it. We shouldn't break the rules for a brand new amendment. maybe we should give the job to the junior consul? if he dosen't object"

He is still to low on the Cursus I would have to say that maybe the Censor could be Africanus for like Senator Vitruvius said there is no reason he HAS to be in Rome.
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

Indefinitely Banned

"Africanus has already rejected the position. what makes you think he will change his mind?"

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

ENOUGH!
    Like old women at the fish market you all are.
    The censorship holds no acclaim for a man like myself whose only talent lays in the field of battle.
    But as you cannot come to a conclusion I will take the position of Censor.
    So help you all if you step out of line from this day forward.
    Every one of you mark my words.
    You will find yourselves looking down the tarpian rock...
    Last edited by Caesar Rex; July 08, 2008 at 04:11 PM.
    Co-Founder and Leader at Clan Dream (Multi-National Online Gaming Community)

Voice Chat @ Discord

Indefinitely Banned

I Shouldn't have to tell you to keep this OUT of the Curia!

Deleted insults/spam

Winter

ooc: okay dokey
    bye bye senators
    this is what i get for being active.
    Last edited by Starvin Marvin; July 08, 2008 at 04:23 PM.

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

"ENOUGH! ENOUGH! ENOUGH!"

"Censor, I ask for order in this House! How can we debate on the matters of the State when there are elements that debase themselves by this womanish bickering?"

"Now, that the Censor matter is solved, thanks to the decision of noble Africanus, I would suggest we passed to the next matter; the commander of the Illyrian legions. I would suggest T. Octavius Ulpianus for the leadership of the army. What does the Senate says?"
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Do my words mean nothing?
    Senator Faustus Cassius, you will be awarded a nota censora for your actions now.
    Lictors - remove this man from the chamber.
    Another outburst and you too will find yourself in a worse place than outside the doors of the curia.

Voice Chat @ Discord

Philos Sophos's Avatar Protector Domesticus

"Well,I dont think I am the best man to lead the legions,probably the worst.But if it is the will of the senate,then I will take it with honour and will bring you many victories and will crush the Greeks forever from the face of the Earth!"

O Sancta Simplicitas!

I thank the censor for restoring order in the curia, and also congratulate him on the position, however reluctant he was in accepting it.

I support giving Ulpanius command over the Illyrian legions, i think giving him this upportunity will be good not only for him, but for the Republic as well.
    People will believe a lie because they want it to be true; or they're afraid it's true.
    Given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe its true, or because they're afraid it might be true. Peoples' heads are full of knowledge, facts and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Thank you Censor for resoring order. I support Ulpianus being commander but if he is reluctant to I would as one of my duties as Praetor take command of the legions. But my first choice is Ulpianus.

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

He is still to low on the Cursus I would have to say that maybe the Censor could be Africanus for like Senator Vitruvius said there is no reason he HAS to be in Rome.

I am sorry for my intrusion senators, but I wish to know of our progress in the war in Greece. And I shall nominate Ulpianus to take command of the legions due to his experience both in the senate as well as on the battlefield.

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

Very well then.
    I too support Tiberius Octavius.
    So let the motion be carried for him to take command in Greece.
    I can only offer my guidance before he leaves and my thoughts with him as he fights for Rome.

Voice Chat @ Discord

Good with that done I would like to ask this Noble senate what they intend to do about the Gauls? Like the Greeks we have been at war with them for some time and have recieved no mercy from them. I think that it would be wise to become more aggresive in our war with them. What say you!