Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: AOR Colonies (Unit) Expanded (New Release 17/08/08)

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: AOR Colonies (Unit) Expanded (New Release 19/07/08)

Quote Originally Posted by scivian View Post
    Handgunners, arqubusers, etc... are causing game to crash.
    Did you download artassets1.rar?

Default Re: AOR Colonies (Unit) Expanded (New Release 20/07/08)

I already had it installed and in the order you described, I see you have a new version and will post if any issues.

would it be possible for you to upload an animation file with just the shortened javelineer's animation? cuz i dont really want the other ones (im not saying theyre not good, its just only want the javelin animation)

Indefinitely Banned

Plan for next week:

Bring this mod into the 17th century!
    • Import grumpyoldman's late musketeer skin into the game (in pikeman, caracole cavalry and musket config)

Proposed roster increase: (I'm not quite sure what the names are)
    • Hat musketeers
    • Mounted hat pistols
    • Lobster helmet cavalry
    • Current Alatriste -> hat Alatriste
    • Unupgraded pikemen -> hat pikemen
    • "Culloden"-class highland infantry
    Last edited by Banzai!; July 20, 2008 at 05:23 AM.

Bayonets were used since 1650 by France. So if you want to create a 17th century mod, you will have to include them as well

Indefinitely Banned

1080-1648.

And primarily just added units. Someone else can make a campaign & protestantism event chain if they are up for it (recommend: Knights Templar -> Sweden).
    Last edited by Banzai!; July 20, 2008 at 04:13 AM.

nice. my favorite ERA (1450-1650)... i was quite suprised that CA dont use that period of time (1600-1700) in Empire TW... what a waste...

btw my idea about protestentism - it should work similarly like cristianism in RTW BI -providing some benefits, but causing revolts due to religion unrests...

Indefinitely Banned

Oh and to anyone who wants to help esp. with unit texturing feel free to chip in.

Place for me to put concept art:

Last edited by Banzai!; July 20, 2008 at 05:05 AM.

i installed everything in order, and now when i start SS my game crashes before the intro video

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Templar Knight View Post
    i installed everything in order, and now when i start SS my game crashes before the intro video
    Can you post your system.log.txt located in your MTW2/logs folder
    Last edited by Banzai!; July 20, 2008 at 05:23 AM.

Banzai I found this on your EDB in c_cannon_maker

convert_to 1
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "NE Grand Bombard" 1 0.1 1 1 requires factions { all, } and building_present_min_level routes_trade_centre_1aragon trade_centre_1aragon
    recruit_pool "NE Ribault" 1 0.08 1 1 requires factions { all, } and building_present_min_level routes_trade_centre_1aragon trade_centre_1aragon and event_counter first_sawmill 1
    recruit_pool "NE Bombard" 1 0.08 1 1 requires factions { all, } and building_present_min_level routes_trade_centre_1aragon trade_centre_1aragon
    ;weapon_naval_gunpowder 1
    ;law_bonus bonus 6
    }
    I think you accidentally deleted the rest.
    [edit] The new hats for arqubusiers are black in color. I'm playing as spain
    and it seems that the new crossbow animation skipped the recoil and when reloading the crossbow kinda moved then back again.
    Last edited by LordN00KE; July 20, 2008 at 07:53 AM.

Would be great to have a true 'Late' late era campaign, starting at beginning of 100 years war (about 1337) and go through to mid 1600's.

btw, we could introduce Burgundians -just remove Aragon- it was existing as a independent kingdom till 1469 - after that they were united with Castilians as Spain. If we could create correct AOR system, then all Aragon units would be still recruitable in Aragon provinces. And every Aragon fan, will get also Castille to control... Burgundians as a faction were quite significat it that era, therefore they can't be excluded...
    Last edited by JaM; July 20, 2008 at 09:17 AM.

just found this:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The most significant advances in firepower and range came in the area of artillery. At the beginning of the Thirty Years War, artillery was still handcast by individual craftsmen. The weight of these individualized artillery pieces was often too great to make them mobile enough for effective use against enemy formations, although they served well enough in sieges. Gustavus Adolphus standardized the size of cannon and shot, and produced the first lightweight artillery guns. He also standardized infantry rifle barrels and musket shot. This system of millimeter caliber measurement was adopted almost universally, and is still used today in most modern armies. Adolphus standardized artillery firing procedures as well so that his artillery gunners could fire eight rounds from a single gun in the time it took a musketeer with a firelock to fire a single round.

stats about traning:
    ---------------------------
    No army in the West equaled the level of training of the Roman army until at least the 17th century. Prior to that, the primacy of cavalry forces over infantry had relegated the infantry to a minor role on the battlefield. The development of the musket changed this picture, as did the introduction of the bayonet. Now the infantry could deploy in lines instead of phalanxes and deliver more combat power. But the use of linear tactics required a highly trained soldier, one who could also master the 16 steps in loading a musket while under fire. One of the major reasons that Napoleon utilized the column formation instead of infantry lines was precisely because his use of conscript manpower made it impossible to train so many men to the level of discipline and skill required by the linear tactics of his day. As a consequence, Napoleon's column formations represented a return to the use of the infantry phalanx, in which the safety of the packed herd and sheer courage would compensate for the infantryman's lack of skill.
    Last edited by JaM; July 20, 2008 at 09:57 AM.

this is my system log

11:07:29.906 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    11:07:29.906 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    11:07:30.031 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    11:07:30.156 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    11:07:30.312 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    11:07:30.437 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    11:07:30.515 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    11:07:30.546 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    11:07:44.375 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/descr_mount.txt, at line 583, column 1
    Could not find battle model for mount 'Mount_Barded_Horse_Kiev'.
    11:07:46.140 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 4403, column 1
    Could not find soldier battle model for unit type 'Hand_Gunners_Pavise'.

11:07:46.140 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

Indefinitely Banned

@Templar Knight:
    Did you download animationspack.rar (which I updated) and install it last?

no i thought the animations thing was optional

i will download it now and tell you if it fixed my problem

Barser's Avatar Senator

Banzai: Your on to something with this mod. Would be really great with a better late game. I tryed your animation pack and though it needs some tweaking there was notable improvements. Good job.

______________Factionleaders and Generals mod__________________
    ______________________Agents-minimod____________________________

it works now, but i am missing a lot of unit cards