Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 turns per year with proper aging

Default Re: 12 turns per year with proper aging

Hey GrnEyedDvl how do I adjust this for the late era campaign? And where do I put the campaign_script? And, does it work with old saves?

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sorkenlol View Post
    Hey GrnEyedDvl how do I adjust this for the late era campaign?
    As long as your date is properly set up in descr_strat, it will work with anything. It doesnt need to be adjusted.

And where do I put the campaign_script?
    You add it into your current campaign_script which is located in data/world/campaign/imperial_campaign.

And, does it work with old saves?
    No.

export_vnvs.txt------------------where is this found?I went to here( data/world/campaign/imperial_campaign.)and i saw all but this ,export_vnvs.txt

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OSDEA7 View Post
    export_vnvs.txt------------------where is this found?I went to here( data/world/campaign/imperial_campaign.)and i saw all but this ,export_vnvs.txt
    It is in the data\text folder (if you have unpacked the game and converted the string.bin file of the same name).

where do i add the script to the campaign_script file? just copy all the code from your file to the end of the original campaign_script file? including "script" and "end_script"?

thanks,

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Your file already has the script/end script tags. Put everything except those in your file, someplace before wait_monitors and end_script. As long as you dont have any counter named the same as mine it should run fine.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    As long as your date is properly set up in descr_strat, it will work with anything. It doesnt need to be adjusted.

You add it into your current campaign_script which is located in data/world/campaign/imperial_campaign.

No.

Do I remove the old text in the campaign script? I've played so far like that, but some things haven't triggered, on event movies are missing, spawns like william wallace etc.

Ah , read your post above now, seems I've been doing it very wrong then.. I put it after ----DIFFICULTY LEVEL----- and end monitor, do I need those "--------------------"?
    Last edited by Sorkenlol; August 31, 2008 at 10:55 PM.

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

I dont know what the difficulty level tag refers to. Either way that is a separate monitor from what I have done, written by someone else. If your spawns and other events are not working, there is something wrong. I would not advise adding new script, mine or anyone elses, to a script that is not working. Is there anything in your log about not being able to create a script?? Theres probably an error someplace that is preventing the script from running properly, which is why events and characters do not spawn, and probably keeps my script from running as well.

thdot44's Avatar Tiro

If i want to just change the timescale and the start dates in accordance with what you have posted for 6tpy is there any reason that wouldnt work correctly.

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

The timescale needs to be set to the same thing I posted in the 6tpy script. the date you can make whatever you want, but I would make sure to start in winter.

thdot44's Avatar Tiro

ok, i changed everything you said to change for the 6tpy in the strat file. start winter timescale changes. the years progress at the right rate. but characters get a year older every two turns.

Would it not be easier for us to have and auto loading update,especialy for us noobs who will more than likely just screw the game up.I really like the idea of the 12 turn option per year but i'm just not confident on placing everything in the right place.So i guess i'll have to do with out.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnEyedDvl View Post
    I dont know what the difficulty level tag refers to. Either way that is a separate monitor from what I have done, written by someone else. If your spawns and other events are not working, there is something wrong. I would not advise adding new script, mine or anyone elses, to a script that is not working. Is there anything in your log about not being able to create a script?? Theres probably an error someplace that is preventing the script from running properly, which is why events and characters do not spawn, and probably keeps my script from running as well.

Nono, what I meant is, when I've used your script before I deleted the WHOLE campaign_script, and then change put yours in, so I only had your script and nothing else, that must be why some events don't trigger. But now I've read your posts and added it in the campaign_script instead of removing the old one, luckily I had a backup. I'm going to try and see if it works now, william wallace should spawn any minute, I'll be back with edit!

Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OSDEA7 View Post
    Would it not be easier for us to have and auto loading update,especialy for us noobs who will more than likely just screw the game up.I really like the idea of the 12 turn option per year but i'm just not confident on placing everything in the right place.So i guess i'll have to do with out.
    There is no way possible I could build something like that for every possible mod my script might be used in. Sorry.

GED,

I noticed one more bug. On the first turn every character has full movement points even though it's a winter turn. Once I hit end turn the character gains the winter trait and movement points are reduced. Should I give every character the winter trait at the start?

Also what is the maximum - Effect MovementPoints number? I tried -200 but characters can still move 1 square. I want to prevent any movement in winter.

Cheers
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDelta View Post
    GED,

I noticed one more bug. On the first turn every character has full movement points even though it's a winter turn. Once I hit end turn the character gains the winter trait and movement points are reduced. Should I give every character the winter trait at the start?

Also what is the maximum - Effect MovementPoints number? I tried -200 but characters can still move 1 square. I want to prevent any movement in winter.

Cheers
    This is the trigger that starts off the counter:

Code:
    Trigger GameStart
        WhenToTest CharacterTurnStart

Condition I_TurnNumber == 0
    		and not AgentType = admiral
    		and IsRegionOneOf 0, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, 19, 21, 25, 26, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 38, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 57, 58, 60, 61, 63, 67

Affects CampaignSeason 2 Chance 100
    That should give all of the characters the Winter trait, on turn 0. It is currently being run from CharacterTurnStart, because I don't think there is a PreFactionturnStart for Turn 0. It would seemingly give the character the "Winter" trait, but since the MP is already handled prior to the CharacterTurnStart, it won't be able to affect the MP points on Turn 0. The other triggers use CharacterTurnEnd, which changes the trait before the new turn comes around, so the trait is there to be used as an MP modifier when the Turn Start comes back around. There isn't a TurnEnd before Turn 0 though, so the same effect isn't possible. This is the reason why it is stated that a lot of scripts can't run on Turn 0, because while they can run during that turn, they can't have an effect on that turn.

You could probably solve the issue by giving the trait "CampaignSeason 2" to every character listed in the descr_strat, but of course this can't be included with the script publicly, since everyone's descr_strat is different, so it's work wasted.

Cheers,
    Augustus

I gave them the trait in descr strat but now they keep the winter trait throughout the year. Removing the gamestart trigger seems to fix the problem.

Cheers
    Last edited by AlphaDelta; September 02, 2008 at 05:46 AM.
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

Patrician Citizen

Thanks for that Augustus, I gave them the trait from descr strat and it works perfectly now. Should I remove the GameStart trigger or will there be no conflict?

Cheers
    You would want to remove the GameStart trigger, since it does the same thing essentially, except for Turn 1(2). I don't know about whether or not it would conflict, since the traits thresholds are one of CA's wonders, as in, you wonder how sane someone can be to make that area so confusing. But you should be able to remove it. The downside of course, is any character you miss in the descr_strat will be off-kilter most probably for their movement, whereas the script insures every character is on the right track, just at turn 1.

As for the general thing which you ninja edited out, I'm not entirely sure, would have to look into it. My guess though, is it isn't possible to do it like that, you'd have to either deal with the decreased MP, since the AI makes decisions based on their MP, it's probable they'd not decide to move out of a settlement if they only had 1 square worth of MP. Or you could run an AI freeze or similar, which stops other aspects that don't want to be stopped.

Cheers,
    Augustus

As for the general thing which you ninja edited out, I'm not entirely sure, would have to look into it. My guess though, is it isn't possible to do it like that, you'd have to either deal with the decreased MP, since the AI makes decisions based on their MP, it's probable they'd not decide to move out of a settlement if they only had 1 square worth of MP. Or you could run an AI freeze or similar, which stops other aspects that don't want to be stopped.
    I found that my starting_action_points value was too high. At anything more than 100 the maximum minus Effect MovementPoints failed to remove all of their movement points. I should be able to give all characters a movement points bonus for having to decrease the number of MP's.

Cheers

Patrician Citizen

I found that my starting_action_points value was too high. At anything more than 100 the maximum minus Effect MovementPoints failed to remove all of their movement points. I should be able to give all characters a movement points bonus for having to decrease the number of MP's.

Cheers
    If it works then good . And also something I just noticed, you said the max Effect MovementPoints you tried was -200. Well, MovementPoints is effected on a -1 = -5% basis, so -20 would be -100% (maybe you added an extra 0 on accident?). -6 has also been the tested limit at least via a single trait it seems, but maybe it stacks.

Cheers,
    Augustus