Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Patched: Crimson Tide 4.2 (blood,sand,dirt,snow) -Medieval combat isn't pretty

Magus's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: RELEASE: Crimson Tide 2.5 (blood,sand,dirt,snow)

do you have a link? if not I can search.. alot of the files for rome and MTW2 are very very similar
    Author of Crimson Tide, the Battlefield Aesthetics Mod
    click below for link.

Well, just downloaded, and installed, nice work, I was wondering though what the desc_geography was for, I have the one that levels out the crazy battle maps at times, and was wondering how important to the mod it is? Other than that +rep 4 U

Magus's Avatar Tiro

it effects the batle map generation on the campaign map, it also specifies the information about the overlay textures, which I edited.
    Last edited by Magus; July 07, 2008 at 06:56 PM.
    click below for link.

Magus's Avatar Tiro

Update: I just fixed the bug where soldiers dieing in a snowy battle lose thier snow decals, I've also managed to fix the bug where it takes a long time for soldiers to be covered in snow, I am hot on the trail behind the issue with horseman getting mucky faster than thier horse and infantry, I'll keep my progress posted.
    click below for link.

Magus's Avatar Tiro

alright guys, I've done some research on the topic of dirt just appearing on cavalry units while they are just standing there, it is actually a bug that is in the vanilla MTW2 and there are no fixes for it. I can still keep trying this and try to figure out ways around it though. but unfortunatly it seems like this is NOT a bug in my mod and it might be alot more difficult to figure out, I will upload a fixed descr_geography_new file on the main page with the bug that I fixed with the snow, the snow should be working great now.. there are still some changes that I will be making to the snow textures though, they need to be toned down a bit at earlier levels, and the dirt overlays on the snow need to be thinned out more. So look out for 2.7 soon!
    click below for link.

Magus's Avatar Tiro

I will be releasing another version of crimson tide with blood only tonight, for those that cannot tolerate the glitch with the dirt on cavalry, at least until I possibly solve the problem (which would be great), I will still work on improving the dirt/snow/sand overlays as well.
    click below for link.

Excellent, I hope all goes well!!

Quote Originally Posted by Magus View Post
    just to let you guys know, I added a little disclaimer in bold on the first page under features concerning the descr_geography_new.db file that I had modified, if you use a mod that uses this file it will overwrite but I can easily make it compatible with any mod and if there are any issues please let me know.
    Yeah, I was wondering about that. I use Lusted's smoother terrain mod(it smooths up some of the insane mountain maps), and the only file it actually uses is descr_geography_new.db!

So would it be a problem for you to make his file compatible with your mod, and upload it on the main page?

Here's the link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=161829

BTW..I tried the 2.5 version and all in all, the new features work great(sand, snow..)!
    Only, snow looks more like frost than snow..and it builds up quite fast as I noticed, but it's not a big deal!

Magus's Avatar Tiro

the descr_geography_new on the main page on the bottom of the first post now includes lusted's terrain fixes. And I will also be releasing a new version of my textures that will fix the snow, make it more gradual, frost at the start and them clumps of snow on the head and shoulders the longer a soldier is fighting. I will also be toning down the advanced dirt effects as well so they aren't as overwhelming.
    click below for link.

Quote Originally Posted by Magus View Post
    the descr_geography_new on the main page on the bottom of the first post now includes lusted's terrain fixes. And I will also be releasing a new version of my textures that will fix the snow, make it more gradual, frost at the start and them clumps of snow on the head and shoulders the longer a soldier is fighting. I will also be toning down the advanced dirt effects as well so they aren't as overwhelming.
    Great..thank you! BTW, don't tone the dirt down much..after all, medieval fighting was dirty!

strife1013's Avatar Campidoctor

Looking forward too the new update!

Yeah, don't tone down the dirt too much mate

Quote Originally Posted by Constantine The Great View Post
    Yeah, don't tone down the dirt too much mate
    I agree

really great mod, after trying about 15 battles, same suggestions like the others mentioned, mmm.... maybe alittle more variety(different) "bleeding" style? NIce part that I know which soldier in my unit is the most hardcore fighter, lol... the one always have blood all over himself...

Magus's Avatar Tiro

I will add more bleeding styles, though keep in mind that even when someone is hit by an arrow they will get it, so if I made slashes, an arrow impact wound would show up as a slash ect..
    click below for link.

Magus's Avatar Tiro

oh I won't tone the dirt down too much, its still going to look like its caked on after alot of fighting, I just wanted to remove the random globs on the faces of infantry when they are only mildly dirty, as far as cavalry getting too dirty without even moving that is somthing I have yet to figure out as it might be hardcoded into the vanilla MTW2 its a bug that CA overlooked.
    click below for link.

Default Re: UPDATED 7/8 Crimson Tide 2.5 (blood,sand,dirt,snow)

Dont feel too bad about the cavalry stuff, its no big deal, if you cant fix it you cant fix it, onto other things yea?

We still on for an update tonight?

Why? They had to move to the battlefield so they should be dirty... Your graphic mod is great! Game at least don't look like some cartoon...

why to my question as for an update? Magas said that snow will not me removed from dead people and a few other bug fixes.

Magus's Avatar Tiro

the snow not being removed from dead people has actually been fixed, the file is attatched on the first page, on the bottom of the first post, its the descr_geography_new.db file, you just need to download it and drop it into you're mods /data folder and it will overwrite the old one and fix the bug with the no snow on dead people! let me know if you have any questions.
    As far as releasing a version without the dirt, it was very simple for me to do and I just figured that some people might prefer to use the cool blood overlays but didn't like the mud as there is a problem with it being applied to cavalry ect.. I am still going to tweak the snow textures some more and eventually release another version of crimson tide with textures that are further enchanced, from now on I think I will also include a version with no dirt too. It isn't any extra trouble for me!
    click below for link.