Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast

Thread: Patched: Crimson Tide 4.2 (blood,sand,dirt,snow) -Medieval combat isn't pretty

Default Re: RELEASE: Crimson Tide 3 (blood,sand,dirt,snow) -this is filthy

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball_E8 View Post
    no... arrows cannot stay in movable objects (that is men, horses, siegeweapons or artillery)
    thanks for answer.....but i feel

Magus, what do you think about getting rid of the arrow tracers? I have tried for a long time and can never figure it out.

Magus's Avatar Tiro

would you like me to? I am pretty sure I know how to do it. either I could edit a text file, or change the alpha channel of the sprite for the trail to be completley invisible. I could also change the trail of the bullets from muskets to yellow or somthing to look like tracers
    Author of Crimson Tide, the Battlefield Aesthetics Mod
    click below for link.

Oddball_E8's Avatar Senator
    in Skåne (the most southern province of Sweden). Furulund to be more precise... look it up

hey magus... is there any way to increase the time it takes for the first layer of dust/dirt/snow to be applied?
    cos as it is right now its aplied so fast that once my general has finished his pre-battle speech he and his men are all muddy and dirty (even tho they havent really moved)
    addicted modder... but crap at it

Magus's Avatar Tiro

that is actually a bug that occurs only with cavalry units, if you notice when this occurs the infantry and the horse itself are still squeaky clean. This bug is actually present in vanilla MTW2 and kingdoms, I am not sure which file I would edit in order to correct this, or if it is hard coded. I am not sure why CA overlooked this bug but it has been somthing I have been trying to figure out myself. If I ever figure it out you can be sure that crimson tide will include the fix.
    on another note, sorry it is taking me a while to release 3.5 I havn't been able to work on it very much latley but it is actually complete. I just haven't gotten around to getting all the screenshots of the new improvments, and I havn't made the installer yet. I've decided to have 3.5 in a .exe installer to make installation easier for people as I will be including the option to have the dust and longer burn times selected via a tick box. I think I will also have the option to remove arrow trails.. not sure if many people want that, but it can be an option, please let me know if anyone else has any other request/features they'd like to see added to crimson tide. If they are reasonable and possible I will try my best to include them.
    Last edited by Magus; July 22, 2008 at 03:04 PM.
    click below for link.

Indefinitely Banned

Magus next you should work on artillery effects. Is it possible to make flaming ammo light up the ground and cast shadows during night battles?

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

I'm really trying to think of something that could be included in this mod, but it's pretty perfect as it is now (especially with the new dust-effects coming in the next version). I'm really looking forward to it, and to see the new burnt-effect (since that was pretty much the only thing I didn't like).

Something that could be nice (if it's possible, which I doubt it is) is some sort of blood and guts lying on the ground when someone dies, but yeah, it's probably not possible (and would likely, if possible, decrease frame-rate etc.)
    Last edited by Ftmch; July 23, 2008 at 08:53 AM.

Barser's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ftmch View Post
    I'm really trying to think of something that could be included in this mod, but it's pretty perfect as it is now (especially with the new dust-effects coming in the next version). I'm really looking forward to it, and to see the new burnt-effect (since that was pretty much the only thing I didn't like).

Something that could be nice (if it's possible, which I doubt it is) is some sort of blood and guts lying on the ground when someone dies, but yeah, it's probably not possible (and would likely, if possible, decrease frame-rate etc.)
    Niko made it so heads and limbs where chopped of in his mod so I guess is is possible.
    But since chimeare didnt brought it over to his sstc mod I doubt it was as cool as it sounds (most be a reason it was left out). Looked good on screenshots though.

______________Factionleaders and Generals mod__________________
    ______________________Agents-minimod____________________________

Magus's Avatar Tiro

good idea banzai, yes I deffinitley think I could alter a text file and make flaming ammo stay on the ground burning longer. There is actually a way to make nightime darker as well, so that way torches, fire arrows, and flaming artillery would cast more shadows and make night battles more dramatic. So then I might just make a new release as 4.0 with dust, new burnt textures, new impacts, removed arrow trails, darker nights, longer burning flaming artillery, plus I will make it all easy to install with pick boxes on what you want and do not want. I have been taking pics with the cinematic editor and they look fantastic, It will take me a little more time to include the artillery and darker nights, but it will be well worth it. I will get more work done over the weekend so keep a look out
    click below for link.

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Darker nights sounds better, Night-battles were WAY to bright before, how long do you think it would take though? if it takes several days more, I'd like to see a release with the things you completed so far. Since they are ready for release if I understood correctly? I would never rush something that isn't finished, but I'm only human, and that dust looks so nice, I want to play with it as soon as possible, so a release with the dust now, and then another addon later perhaps?

You do as you see fit though, like I said, I don't want to rush you.

Oddball_E8's Avatar Senator
    in Skåne (the most southern province of Sweden). Furulund to be more precise... look it up

Quote Originally Posted by Barser View Post
    Niko made it so heads and limbs where chopped of in his mod so I guess is is possible.
    But since chimeare didnt brought it over to his sstc mod I doubt it was as cool as it sounds (most be a reason it was left out). Looked good on screenshots though.
    well what about asking chimeare why he didnt include them? maby he just didnt think they were needed?
    addicted modder... but crap at it

Magus's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Ftmch View Post
    Darker nights sounds better, Night-battles were WAY to bright before, how long do you think it would take though? if it takes several days more, I'd like to see a release with the things you completed so far. Since they are ready for release if I understood correctly? I would never rush something that isn't finished, but I'm only human, and that dust looks so nice, I want to play with it as soon as possible, so a release with the dust now, and then another addon later perhaps?

You do as you see fit though, like I said, I don't want to rush you.
    well hopefully, if all goes well I will be able to release sometime this weekend.
    click below for link.

Grand Duke Vytautas's Avatar Dueling it out
    Citizen

Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Universe, lol

Txs for this awesome mod Magus

One question: Is it possible to remove dirt from cavalry only (while keeping it on inf)? I hate looking at muddy cavalry at the beginning of battle
    “Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” ― Tacitus

Magus's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Duke Vytautas View Post
    Txs for this awesome mod Magus

One question: Is it possible to remove dirt from cavalry only (while keeping it on inf)? I hate looking at muddy cavalry at the beginning of battle
    read post #345, dirt is applied to all units except siege equipment it is impossible to do anything about it as far as I know.
    click below for link.

Ftmch's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Magus View Post
    well hopefully, if all goes well I will be able to release sometime this weekend.
    Oh, sounds nice. I'm looking forward to it.

Can't wait!

Indefinitely Banned

Likewise I can't wait. The first thing I am going to do is fight a night battle with rocket launchers set up to fire vertically (katyushas).

BTW this might interest you Magus: the Real Horses project has been released. Linky: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2040.

I thought you'd enjoy it because you like the visual aspect of the game.

Thanks for the heads up...scroll down to bottom for link to screenshots.
    Last edited by scivian; July 25, 2008 at 08:45 AM.

Magus's Avatar Tiro

BTW this might interest you Magus: the Real Horses project has been released. Linky: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2040.
    Yes actually A.U gave me the beta for real horses I speak with him sometimes via PM, a few screenshots I release of crimson tide will include shots of the horses from real horse , I've removed the trails from arrows, and am in the process of messing with the skies and stuff in order to make the nights darker, I havn't changed in values to make fire from artillery last longer yet, but I think I know what I need to change, hopefully I will get all this stuff done this weekend. I'll keep my progress posted.
    Last edited by Magus; July 25, 2008 at 11:36 AM.
    click below for link.

Magus's Avatar Tiro

alright guys i've decided to completley redo the skies, lighting, and clouds, they will look fantastic when I'm done.I've already figured out how it just might take a while because there is alot of work to do. I am going to release version 3.5 of crimson tide this weekend though and it will include removed arrow trails, improved impact sprites, and of course last but not least the inclusion of dust! I will release the new skies at a later date when they are finished. Any suggestions or ideas are welcome!
    Last edited by Magus; July 25, 2008 at 08:36 PM.
    click below for link.