Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Patched: Crimson Tide 4.2 (blood,sand,dirt,snow) -Medieval combat isn't pretty

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

Default Re: UPDATED 7/8 Crimson Tide 2.5 (blood,sand,dirt,snow)

I don't suppose you can place puddles of blood on the battlefield after extended melee? I guess that is not possible.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

Magus's Avatar Tiro

not sure, hopefully before this firday,

I actually do have the texture's sequenced that way... the progression of wounds ect. if you noticed, when soldiers have head wounds its only on the third level of blood/damage and either they are dead, or are about to die, or have killed many and are drenched in blood, the first level of blood is pretty minor some stab wounds/impacts that are not bleeding too much, second is more wounds, previous wounds are starting to bleed alot, and the third level is - "this guy looks like he might be freddie crouger, or he just got ran over by a lawn mower", and the snow will also be lightly sprinkled on the torso as well as the head, but mostly on the feet/legs.
    Author of Crimson Tide, the Battlefield Aesthetics Mod
    click below for link.

Quote Originally Posted by Magus View Post
    - "this guy looks like he might be freddie crouger, or he just got ran over by a lawn mower",
    Hahahaha..yeah, they look like that on a third level! But I noticed that most blood textures jump straight to the third level, thus not many first and second level of blood is shown on soldiers..I may need to test it some more, but that's what I noticed so far.. :hmmm:

Magus's Avatar Tiro

yeah it does do that sometimes, and sometimes soldiers die with only the first level of blood, this can happen from arrow impacts I've noticed.... strange.... I also noticed that the bug during snow battles where the snow disappears off of injured soldiers is not gone either, I just greatly reduced it so it will only ocasionally happen to soldeirs when they don't have very much snow on them? I havn't pinpointed exactly when or why it happens but I do know that the file I provided on the bottom of the first post on the front page does seem to greatly reduce the occurance of that bug to almost none at all. Don't know if anyone else has noticed.....
    As far as blood pools on the ground... that would be the ultimate accomplishment, I would love to be able to do that... the possabilties of such a breakthrough give me so many ideas.... I do not think it is possible though along with blood spurts on weapon impacts....I think that would take some serious scripting/coding of which I have not even begun to try and figure out.
    click below for link.

Opifex

Just a personal perspective, but I think there was quite enough blood in that picture. "There's no such thing as too much blood"? Come on, that's nonsense. Remember, that yes we want to make the battlefield look more bloody and gory (because it's real), but let's not make it disgusting and revolting, shall we. I'm really looking forward to this mod, just so long as you don't go overboard and make something unpleasant out of an otherwise simply excellent modification.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Magus's Avatar Tiro

no believe me I'm not going overboard hehe, the changes i've made are in good taste, they just look better. In the previous version on the third blood level a soldier would be covered in small little drippy wounds from head to toe back/front, I'm kind of altered that so instead of a bunch of little wounds, its more like just a few larger ones, to better simulate a mortal wound. Above all I want to try to preserve realism as much as possible. I don't want anyone to look like they are covered in red paint or anything..
    Last edited by Magus; July 09, 2008 at 12:36 PM.
    click below for link.

I also noticed the snow bug is still present, but just a few and you'd need to watch them close up. I don't think it's an issue since in real battles we don't really zoom in that much to really notice it. Only fix it when you have the extra time

For the blood, I like it the way it is now... I agree with not making it too bloody and all red but I'd try to watch those finishing moves, stabs and slashes in battle and try to connect the wounds in the third texture file.

Barser's Avatar Senator

SigniferOne: blood....disgusting?

I don't get it.. Why not make it as realistic as posible? Even if that means it might scare minors.
    I want to see limps choped off and bones hanging out

(just imagin a face getting hammered with a mace or a twohanded axe in the arm)

Sadly that isn't possible to make. Magus have created a great mod here and I am looking forward to some tweaking in the snow and dirt bugs .

______________Factionleaders and Generals mod__________________
    ______________________Agents-minimod____________________________

Magus's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Barser View Post
    Magus have created a great mod here and I am looking forward to some tweaking in the snow and dirt bugs .

Thanks Barser :thumbsup4
    click below for link.

strife1013's Avatar Campidoctor

Dusty & Bloody!

Magus's Avatar Tiro

hehe rock on
    click below for link.

Magus's Avatar Tiro

Update : so I've finished the snow decals, I am proud of how they turned out.. I've also updated/tweaked the blood decals they are a little drippier and darker, some of the blobs of mud have on soldier's faces at the beggining of battles has been fixed too, its now more of a splash. I have been unable to completley fix the bug with the snow and soldiers sometimes randomly losing the snow when they start to bleed. It is hardly noticeable at this point though and it rarley occurs, I havn't really been able to pinpoint a specific reason for it happening. My question is do you guys want me to release the work I've done thus far??? I think I would make the version 2.7 because I havn't added any new features, only fixed/improved existing ones.
    click below for link.

Happy to answer this again. %#$@ the snow. Another weekend starting now and this time its a long one. Release the hounds!

Barser's Avatar Senator

Did you remove the bug where cavalry would get the dirt/sand/snow effect at the start of a battle?

I think you should upload your 2.7

Magus's Avatar Tiro

unfortunatley the bug with the dirty cavalry is a vanilla MTW2 issue, so unless CA plans on releasing some kind of patch I fear there is nothing I can do, it looks like its hard coded.... I've sifted through droves of files in the unpacked data files and was unable to find anything that looked like it might control that.. after I release these textures though, the snow bug and the cavalry bug will be my moddding crusade, and any further updates to the blood/snow, I will take some screen shots and upload my files sometime today or tonight and then release a no dirt version, and an updated version, you know what though I think it should be 2.8 because I think the improvement on 2.5 deserves more than a 0.2
    click below for link.

Barser's Avatar Senator

Good work magus
    I do hope it is possible to fix that bug.

REQUIEM's Avatar Senator

Hi am new to all this modding and whatnot. Magnus, i've installed your mod into the data file and its not working can you help me please? i got medieval total war 2 with no other patches or mods installed

Hmm I've installed this mod because I was impressed by the screen shots, but I have not noticed anything in my game that resembles those screen shots, even with detail maxed out on everything. In fact, if anything, I've seen a DECREASE in the ammount of blood, dirt, and grime that accumulates on units as they grapple in combat. False advertising?

Magus's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by TWFanatic View Post
    Hmm I've installed this mod because I was impressed by the screen shots, but I have not noticed anything in my game that resembles those screen shots, even with detail maxed out on everything. In fact, if anything, I've seen a DECREASE in the ammount of blood, dirt, and grime that accumulates on units as they grapple in combat. False advertising?
    there is actually a good possability that either you installed the mod incorrectly, you are using shader version 1, you downloaded an older version of crimson tide, or you are delerious and confused. Many many people have downloaded this mod and all agree that is is excellent and a major improvement over the vanilla overlays. I am sorry if you where unable to sucsessfully install my mod but those screen shots are all taken in game personally by me with no editing whatsoever, and I am sure that alot of people here can back me up on this if I am not mistaken. If you just installed incorrectly than I am sorry, if that is not the case, than do not accuse me of false advertising.
    Last edited by Magus; July 10, 2008 at 11:33 AM.
    click below for link.

Magus's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by REQUIEM View Post
    Hi am new to all this modding and whatnot. Magnus, i've installed your mod into the data file and its not working can you help me please? i got medieval total war 2 with no other patches or mods installed
    Crimson Tide is designed in such a way that you have to use it with an already existing mod, thus the reason it is advertised in the sub mod section of stainless steel, you can use it with any submod however, it is not ONLY for stainless steel. I hope this answers your question!
    click below for link.