Page 57 of 157 FirstFirst ... 73247484950515253545556575859606162636465666782107 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 3140

Thread: Extended Cultures Discussion

Default Re: Extended Cultures Discussion

Sorry to be moaning about something again, I think fatigue in battles could use some tweaking. Battles in XC are noticeably longer than in XGM or vanilla, which is awesome as it allows for more tactics, but the stamina of the troops does not seem to have been similarly tweaked. This results in even a minor engagement (with one or two levy-level units like doryphoroi) tiring out a unit of, say, thureophoroi or hoplites. While this has forced me to think about keeping reserves, sometimes something absurd will happen, such as a half-unit of doryphoroi or light cavalry pinning down and tiring out a hoplite unit. I have lost at least two siege assaults because my hoplites fought light cavalry for ten minutes at the gate, only to be routed when fresh enemy troops replaced the ones who just ran away. Light cavalry, imo, should not last a whole ten minutes against heavy infantry, especially heavy spearmen like hoplites.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Point taken, however you should keep in mind that just like XGM, XC is designed to be used with fatigue off because AI doesn't know how to deal with that.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Miles

About base unrest and distance to capital: I looked at EB and they have less base unrest in Axum and Meroe(30%), distance penalty is also smaller. I suggest that your base unrest for most rebellious towns should be at most 40%, remember that XC has culture(religion) penalties, which makes conquering different cultured region much harder. And too much unrest can be a game killer. I also suggest lowering distance penalty by 10-15%, as I find it a bit weird that a town 2 towns away from your capital can have 40% distance penalty.

Distance penalty is not affected by us, it's the map.
    Unrest will also be fixed by the government system, which will allow the player to have a much greater control over it.

BTW, despite the fact I'm part of both teams, XC is a profoundly different mod and philosophy than EB and cannot exactly be compared directly
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Miles

How much unrest it will be able to reduce ?

And actually I find EB and XC to be quite similar.

Depending on the level up to 100%.

Roleplaying possibilities (and partially battles) aside, XC is meant to play quite different than EB, barring similarities due to it using the same engine.
    Although both mods wants to reach the same point (optimal balance between historical accuracy and playability) XC and EB starts from opposite points.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

Is it just me or are the celts(people starting in northern italy i think its them) a little overpowered? Im not sure if its because i was facing an elit unit though, because i fought a generak unit, and two units of the guys with naked fanatic pictures(and missles) with 2 units of mercanery warband, one unit of warband calv., four units of principes, two archers, two equites, and one roman general.

At the end of the battle, i had take 700 casualties with two principes being destroyed, the warbands got owned, my 3 units of calv. had like 30 huys between them, and my general was the only one left in his unit. I know i was fighting in a town, but the enemy didnt rout (with there general already dead) untill they had about 10 guys left.

It seemed like none of my troops could hurt them while their javalins nearly decimated any unit fighting them and killed an entire unit of calvary.... It just seemed slightly ridiculous to me that ~200 guys could kill 700+ after being hit by archer fire, pilla, and then surrounded...
    Last edited by empr guy; April 21, 2010 at 03:48 PM.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

are you playing VH by any chance?
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

no, i play m/m in my campaigns, unless vh is the default difficulty setting.....
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Gaesatae might be slightly overpowered in that particular stack (maybe XP bonuses?).
    If you feel that javelins are OP try this version: http://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/cv/xcfi...st18042010.exe
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

ok thanks

A new test build is available for those interested: http://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/cv/xcfi...st27042010.exe
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

I have a request. In the new version you can replace those of the imperial legions of the Republican period, or those from the period of Octavian Augustus ? Pleaseee

Can you be a little more detailed please?
    Take in mind that we don't have modelers or skinners at the moment.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

The test version link has been removed?

Yes, a new test version will be released in a few hours
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Latest SVN build is here, it contains the new government system which significantly changes campaign gameplay:
    http://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/cv/xcfi...st29042010.exe
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

Sorry if i missed something and these test campaigns are for specific conditions. I installed the latest version with only Alex exe and prom cities turned on. It ctd'ed when i tried to start imperial campaign. The ctd occured when i pressed the imperial campaign option

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

Did it give any error?
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

Nope, not for the imperial campaign. Got message for Bactria - no temple of battleforge.
    Do i have to run it with senate and stuff or it's supposed to work with all options?

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera