Page 157 of 157 FirstFirst ... 57107132147148149150151152153154155156157
Results 3,121 to 3,140 of 3140

Thread: Extended Cultures Discussion

Default Re: Extended Cultures Discussion

Hi everyone, I'm new here, I need your help. He is currently playing Extended Cultures mod with the Romans.I am doing well but for some reason I am unable to comply with the Marian reform to unlock the legionaries. Going around the internet for a while, I saw that to unlock the reform you have to build a big city in addition to Rome. I have brought Athens to the maximum (imperial palace + Roman colony to the maximum) and I still can't get the reform. Can anyone help me?

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

You need to unlock a 2nd huge city in Italy.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

I think something was wrong. I have already built the imperial palace in Capua, Bovianum and Tarus. the recruitable units do not change. the cities are all metropolises.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    You need to unlock a 2nd huge city in Italy.
    If I am not mistaken, only the Greek factions can now trigger Military reforms in XC5

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSilverstone View Post
    If I am not mistaken, only the Greek factions can now trigger Military reforms in XC5
    If it's XC5 then yes, that should be right.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Hi guys, one question. its normally that when i recruit troops of cataphracts( i play with parts) creates me generals? same with the Median cavalry(mounted shooters).
    unity of cataphracts (I play with the parts) creates me generals?same with the average cavalry (mounted shooters).unity of cataphracts (I play with the parts) creates me generals?same with the average cavalry (mounted shooters).

Where can i modify the marian reforms requeriments in the files?

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Quote Originally Posted by JC08 View Post
    Hi guys, one question. its normally that when i recruit troops of cataphracts( i play with parts) creates me generals? same with the Median cavalry(mounted shooters).
    unity of cataphracts (I play with the parts) creates me generals?same with the average cavalry (mounted shooters).unity of cataphracts (I play with the parts) creates me generals?same with the average cavalry (mounted shooters).

High-end cavalry units from barrack level 4 or higher tend to coming with general attached, they could later be adopted into family and upgrade their unit to family bodyguard. it is intended mechanic.
    Last edited by Suppanut; October 06, 2021 at 04:18 AM.
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.

Quote Originally Posted by belisarium View Post
    Where can i modify the marian reforms requeriments in the files?
    Sorry, it marian reform is hardcoded, so what we could do is just change who would be internally roman.

Quote Originally Posted by JC08 View Post
    I think something was wrong. I have already built the imperial palace in Capua, Bovianum and Tarus. the recruitable units do not change. the cities are all metropolises.
    Now it is greek who trigger reform, not roman.

This mod is to hard or im rusty? i'm playing campain with Cartaghe and i manage to conquer all numibians cities, some parts of spain and whole Italy, but, the problem is, i cant manage to bring order to Rome and other cities around, it stays 10 turns and they revolt with a full freaking army inside the city and kick my ass.

I'm missing something or the mod is to hard? i'm on medium/medium dificculty.

Im in love with all the units, buildings and UI but the difficulty is making me give up of this mod.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererTheCrusader View Post
    This mod is to hard or im rusty? i'm playing campain with Cartaghe and i manage to conquer all numibians cities, some parts of spain and whole Italy, but, the problem is, i cant manage to bring order to Rome and other cities around, it stays 10 turns and they revolt with a full freaking army inside the city and kick my ass.

I'm missing something or the mod is to hard? i'm on medium/medium dificculty.

Im in love with all the units, buildings and UI but the difficulty is making me give up of this mod.
    This is not a mod you can blitz your way to victory, is it difficult? yes! it's meant to be..is it too hard? that depends on your understanding of how the mod works and paying attention to detail in what is quite a complex but excellent mod.. The mod is actually balanced on HH which is the difficulty on which I did my testing, so playing on MM you have already have taken the edge off.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    This is not a mod you can blitz your way to victory, is it difficult? yes! it's meant to be..is it too hard? that depends on your understanding of how the mod works and paying attention to detail in what is quite a complex but excellent mod.. The mod is actually balanced on HH which is the difficulty on which I did my testing, so playing on MM you have already have taken the edge off.
    I was watching some people playing on YT, yeah, you definitely cant blitz your way to victory, it takes time to stablish order in the cities.

I still gona try it out, i mean, rome only have two cities by now, the only problem is the rioting (full pack out of nowhere). maybe im doing something wrong.

I mean, what is the point of having a mod if Rome is the only playable faction, that you can actually win. Anyway, no disrespect, its just me.

I think i figured out, i'm demolishing all the other cultures buildings and making my own, it seens a little more stable (in spanish at least), and in Italy, only Rome keeps rioting.

BUT, as it wasnt frustating enough, now everytime i finish my turn my game CTD. =(

I really wish this was my only RTW 1 mod to go , but im sad now T.T

Btw, sry for double posting.

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererTheCrusader View Post
    I think i figured out, i'm demolishing all the other cultures buildings and making my own, it seens a little more stable (in spanish at least), and in Italy, only Rome keeps rioting.

BUT, as it wasnt frustating enough, now everytime i finish my turn my game CTD. =(

I really wish this was my only RTW 1 mod to go , but im sad now T.T

Btw, sry for double posting.
    Send me your savegame please, I want to debug it for future release.

Just finished a Seleucid campaign with considerable effort, and near-zero bugs/errors(great!). One thing I noticed is that Kshatriya Guild Warriors seem arbitrarily difficult to kill for a unit with base 4 armor and 3-rated shields, despite nothing overt in their EDU entry indicating
    that they should be that robust. Anyone more familiar with the text files mind telling me what I'm missing?

Maybe Kshatriya Guild Warriors get armor and exp upgrade that make them tough to kill? They could get armor upgrade from blacksmith building tree and in campaign they start with 2 exp when recruit normally. They also have high defensive skill which mean they would be tough to taken down by melee, and a bit more vulnerable to be killed by missile attack.

Right, they tended to have at least 14+ Def. skill, so I thought that archers/slingers/javelineers/etc. would work, but that was mostly unsuccessful even when shot in the back. They also never really had more than 1 armor upgrade when fielded by Tukhara(who I was at war with); in any case, repeated heavy cavalry charges seem to do the trick.

I hope you have fun campaign though.

I started a Bactria campaign with the Selucid-Pontic-Bactrian-Tocharian super faction enabled, and I have no clue how to break the alliance with the Selucids and trigger the "Civil War" event I keep hearing about. I've reached about 190 BC and I can't expand westward, nor eastward to the Tarim Basin as "I am not powerful enough to face the Dragon".

Any information would be appreciated, I'm feeling a bit lost here.

Thanks!