Page 155 of 157 FirstFirst ... 55105130145146147148149150151152153154155156157 LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,100 of 3140

Thread: Extended Cultures Discussion

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Default Re: Extended Cultures Discussion

Once unit cards are done, it would be ready to be released as beta that playable.
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.

Hi,

What is the latest version (beta I guess)? I'd love to play this mod and at this point I don't know wheter I should wait for the new release or just play older versions. I did read all 3 preview articles on mod db (will there be more?) and really can't wait to play XC. Take care!

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

@SagezTW hi!
    Currently XC5 is still in progress, and new things are being added every day. I'm in charge on units and my goal is to make UI cards and units look match the quality of other projects I was involved before, either my own https://www.moddb.com/mods/lanjanes-barbarian-empires or https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-rome-...ealism-project.
    I work hard on this epic task, but things are not super fast because I'm completely alone in this. And the work is harder than it was ever before in my past modding experience, because of how creative and smart units and cultures are set, and how diverse their usage is.
    Our most optimistic expectations are that the mod can be released not earlier than the end of September 2019, but the more realistic date is around Christmas. If you want to help or if you know someone who is ready to, please pm me or send me a email to Lanjane@yandex.ru.
    Have a great day!
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

I'm sorry for responding SO late, but please forgive me as I'm following your work on moddb. I must confess that I'm not sure if I understand the idea behind your mods: Rome Total Realism is about realism (I guess), Barbarian Empires are about ''Barbarians'' and how is XC5 different from them (apart from different factions and units of course). I just don't know what I'd like the most. I hope that battles are not super slow or something, because I loved the pacing of vanilla battles, the general feel (deadly archer fire, deadly cavalry charges etc...).

Sadly I can't help myself because I'm not an artist, but I can try to promote your work on reddit or wykop (polish reddit).
    Your work is amazing and the fact that you've been working on so many mods is very impressive, thank you!

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

@SagezTW
    Thank you!
    Extended Cultures is a unique mod, and I'm very proud to have a chance to work with Suppanut on such a masterpiece. It has very long history of development, starting as a kind of spin-off to Extended Greek Mod (XGM) series. Initially it was focused around more immersive eastern factions, but it became much more than that. It has the most complex system of building your empire I have ever seen in RTW mod. When you play XC, you have a strong feeling like if you face challenges like real king or chieftain would face. Your cities develop in a very immersive way, you can't just spam megapolises and be okay - to be successful, you need to balance between growth, resource management and industrial progress. Unit recruitment conditions are probably the most immersive part, and if you ever played the first Medieval: Total War, you will have a strong nostalgia feeling. Now each unit's equipment will be directly connected to complex requirements sets, so to produce units with quality equipment you'll have to build quite a large infrastructure, where each component matters. Also some factions, like Numidia or Germans, will change drastically on the course of campaign, as they progress from nomadic/barbarian origins to a more "civilized" way of things. Also, there will be units never seen in TW games before (surprise!) Overall, it will be great and is worth waiting for!
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

@SagezTW
    Barbarian Empires and Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy are not mods about barbarians .

Extended Cultures V ver 1.0.1 is here with these features
    - Fix bug of missing buildings content for steam alexander so now it should working properly
    - Units' sound update
    - All new sprites to improve battlefield performance
    - Reduce charge distance for horse archers
    - Periokoi Hoplites now have more simplified equipment as self-equipped units
    - Fix installer, now it no longer loop back to component page after finish install

Included bug fixing from cumulative updated (up to 12/28/2019)
    - fixed crash when you enter a battle with Immigrants units (you shouldn't be using them in actual battle anyway as they are only available for player and their purpose is for migrating population to a different region)
    - Suppanut's fixes to cavalry spears stats which should make cavalry AI more logical
    - fixed corrupted textures for Gaesatae, Spartans and Persian Axemen. They became corrupted during the process of compiling the installer. Thanks menandros1976, Rtw1f4n and Ariaces for reporting!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/extended-...ded-cultures-v
    Last edited by Suppanut; January 06, 2020 at 04:35 AM.

Congrats on the new release, will get to bug-hunting shortly.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Guys,
    I've got a question about the failuers during installation of v. 1.0.1
    I've installed the mod and I'm able to play it. However, in the installation file I read:
    Create folder: D:\Gry\Steam\steamapps\common\rome total war alexander\xc5\Data\animations
    Copy to D:\Gry\Steam\steamapps\common\rome total war alexander\xc5\Data\animations\*.*
    Copy failed

should I worry or just ignore it as false positive?

----------------------

Another question: what are the fundamental differences with the RTR 8 ?

----------------------

And another: what do you think about those great building cards from RTH ?

-----------

One may play a campaign with Epeiros, right? (despite that in the starting menu it's stated that it's an unplayable faction)?
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 07, 2020 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Guys,
    I've got a question about the failuers during installation of v. 1.0.1
    I've installed the mod and I'm able to play it. However, in the installation file I read:
    Create folder: D:\Gry\Steam\steamapps\common\rome total war alexander\xc5\Data\animations
    Copy to D:\Gry\Steam\steamapps\common\rome total war alexander\xc5\Data\animations\*.*
    Copy failed

should I worry or just ignore it as false positive?
    Not need to worry, this is remnant of old installer script, in now we have our own animation pack content of our own

----------------------

Another question: what are the fundamental differences with the RTR 8 ?
    I could not answer you this question, I have never play RTR8, I may help this team in modding, but I don't know anything about game mechanic of RTR8 apart from point that XC have different core philosophy from RTR8 and in some sense closer to EB.

----------------------

And another: what do you think about those great building cards from RTH ?
    There are many source of buildings cards, some are made by me and GeoHitManGR, but most of them are from Quintillius of RS team and some others from RTH.

-----------

One may play a campaign with Epeiros, right? (despite that in the starting menu it's stated that it's an unplayable faction)?
    [/quote]

State at which point that unplayable? It is playable in main campaign, of course. Its symbol is dark green shield with thunder/vajra symbol in the middle (lay horizontally).

What that unplayable in main campaign is Tukhara.

Thanks, Suppanut, for the answers.

I've just hinted that Epeiros is descreibed in the main menu as "unplayable". I've started playing it, and there're no problems.

Concerning EB and RTR: what do you mean " XC have different core philosophy from RTR8 and in some sense closer to EB" - is it about events, course of the game, units, or something different?

I've got another question (I've asked BHL already in another thread): I'm very much interested also in the state of BAI, CAI, risks of stack-spam in the XC. How it's been dealt?

Thanks, Suppanut, for the answers.

I've just hinted that Epeiros is descreibed in the main menu as "unplayable". I've started playing it, and there're no problems.

Concerning EB and RTR: what do you mean " XC have different core philosophy from RTR8 and in some sense closer to EB" - is it about events, course of the game, units, or something different?

I've got another question (I've asked BHL already in another thread): I'm very much interested also in the state of BAI, CAI, risks of stack-spam in the XC. How it's been dealt?
    I don't know why but it seem that so many people have problem download file and end up corrupted, I think you are one of them that lead to "unplayable" message which should not have.

About design philosophy, I emphasis on all-round empire management and much more emphasis in much less aggressive playstyle (you would encounter a lot of problem if you expand too far and too fast) so forget how you play vanilla, it is completely difference. And you have a lot to do when you are not at war, and would be more after I write new system of traits (currrently it is more or less vanilla due as I don't implement old system in XC4 back)

I'm new to battle AI so I could not say much, I have just attempt to merge Darth and Sinuhet formation system into one, result still need a lot of test from players. For Campaign AI, AI will play aggressively if they have resource in their hand to do so as it effect the way ai evaluated relative situation (it read graph chart as game show for you). Constant feeding money to slave prove to be worthy solution as it make slave act more proactive and play as if they are several minor factions (they would try to stop your stack from coming near their settlement, they would try to ambush player if they have good pathfinding spot and they would train new troops and constructed new buildings). But thing would be difference for non-slave factions as too much money would lead them to act irrationally on diplomacy part as so often they judge money in absolute term, not relative to how money spend in game. But they still need constant feed of resource or bonus to help them nontheless (such as make ai build quicker, generally more tax income, etc). Whole point of the system is to prevent player from have snowball effect on mid to late-game, (to make difficulty more or less stable for much longer than usual TW which tend to hardest at start, easier mid-game and outright easy late game)

Thanks again, Suppanut!
    This is fits my playstyle very much:
    Quote Originally Posted by Suppanut View Post
    all-round empire management and much more emphasis in much less aggressive playstyle (you would encounter a lot of problem if you expand too far and too fast) so forget how you play vanilla, it is completely difference. And you have a lot to do when you are not at war, and would be more after I write new system of traits
    On the AI - I have no clue how to program it, I just know that in the Medieval 2 the Germanicus RBAI is a must for me :-) Given that the engine is similar, maybe the guy z3n from the EBII team may help you somehow? (or maybe somebody from RTR8 team? I don't know.) Or maybe somebody from the FATW team?
    Concerning the Campaing AI, I recall that lowering recruitment capabilities of the AI was a difficult issue. You may prevent player from have snowball effect on mid to late-game through endless battless against full stacks - what is not the point, right? The lack of M2TW recruitment pools in the RTW engine limits the options much (I imagine that the number of recruitment slots - 1 per settlement? - may be a speed-bump, if the number of mercenaries is kept low).

Two hints:
    1. there's a very good guide for diplomacy for the FATW, I think it might be partially pertinent also to the XC.
    2. you may find some concepts of my modding of traits useful, to be found here.

JoC
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 08, 2020 at 04:42 PM.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Hi Jurand. I'm glad someone found my preview thread useful. I don't have much to add to what Suppanut has said regarding the BAI and CAI.

On the AI - I have no clue how to program it, I just know that in the Medieval 2 the Germanicus RBAI is a must for me :-) Given that the engine is similar, maybe the guy z3n from the EBII team may help you somehow? (or maybe somebody from RTR8 team? I don't know.) Or maybe somebody from the FATW team?
    XC doesn't use any sort of battle scripting. There was an adapted version of the Germanicus BAI for RTW floating around the modding community and for some time it was planned to be included in RTR8. The release version of RTR8 doesn't include it however, it seemed to cause issues and most of the script was commented out anyway due to many of the commands it uses not existing in the RTW engine.

Concerning the Campaing AI, I recall that lowering recruitment capabilities of the AI was a difficult issue. You may prevent player from have snowball effect on mid to late-game through endless battless against full stacks - what is not the point, right? The lack of M2TW recruitment pools in the RTW engine limits the options much (I imagine that the number of recruitment slots - 1 per settlement? - may be a speed-bump, if the number of mercenaries is kept low).
    I'd say XC5 has definitely less stack spam than say, the first EB. Regular factions shouldn't be able to throw full stack after full stack at you without end. To some extent stack spam is vanilla behaviour but of course it gets aggravated when the AI is scripted to get enormous amounts of money. There is one caveat though: as Suppanut said the rebel/slave faction in XC is being fed a lot of money to get it to behave in a way more similar to a regular faction. The way this money is being fed is independent of the amount of settlements they control so as the game progresses each rebel settlement will have more and more units defending it. This is deliberate, iirc the intention is to have a few tough independent settlements who hold out against multiple invasion attempts like there was in real life.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Love this mod early Marian legions without the segmentata armor would be nice though

Hi, really enjoying xc5 playing bi through steam with satraps as Seleucid vh/vh I’m about 100 turns in and have been getting messages about Pontus offending sinica which damages trade. It says I should take the king of Pontus head. Would someone mind explaining how this really effects trade and what the rewards would be to do this, please? Also does this request mean attacking the faction? Or actually defeating and killing the king in battle or like in mtw assassinating the king of Pontus?
    finally I was a little suprised that none of the satrap kingdoms attack me even after about 100 turns. (It’s probably for the best as setting up decent barracks is taking forever) Does this ever happen, or is it up to me to attack them? I noticed you can’t end the alliance through diplomacy anymore.
    final question, land bridges seam to have gone. Is this intentional?
    thanks for your dedication to this great mod!

Quote Originally Posted by Retrogamelad View Post
    Hi, really enjoying xc5 playing bi through steam with satraps as Seleucid vh/vh I’m about 100 turns in and have been getting messages about Pontus offending sinica which damages trade. It says I should take the king of Pontus head. Would someone mind explaining how this really effects trade and what the rewards would be to do this, please? Also does this request mean attacking the faction? Or actually defeating and killing the king in battle or like in mtw assassinating the king of Pontus?
    finally I was a little suprised that none of the satrap kingdoms attack me even after about 100 turns. (It’s probably for the best as setting up decent barracks is taking forever) Does this ever happen, or is it up to me to attack them? I noticed you can’t end the alliance through diplomacy anymore.
    final question, land bridges seam to have gone. Is this intentional?
    thanks for your dedication to this great mod!
    It is plain old civil-war triggering event. You play with superfaction on, this would trigger your war with Seleucid, Bactria, and Tukhara. It would really hurt your trade if your main trade partner is Seleucid as now you would at war with them.

And event seem to play a bit into humor as well (parody CKII: Jade Dragon's event travel to China to become court eunuch and character would gone forever).

Landbridge is gone in exchange for control strait trade. if you control both side of strait, your trade income from region would sky rocket (each strait settlement pair together would generate highest trade income locations). And as long as you control strait, you would control traffic of warship across strait too as other faction would not able to move to other side of strait by ship as only those who control both side that could do it.

baselhun's Avatar Civis

Hello this mod seems really interesting, I have a special thing for vanilla feeling mods and would like to try it.

Though not sure if it's right place to ask, but since I couldn't find the installation manual, I was wondering what are the differences between using BI.exe and Alex.exe when it comes to gameplay?

@baselhun Some said Alex.exe has better ai in general while BI.exe allow horde feature of this mod.

Absolutely fantastic mod, played it a couple of years ago. And now there is a new version released))

@suppanut is there a way I can support/donate to the developers of the mod?