Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: XENOPHONIA FOR SS 6.1 - DOWNLOAD

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Default Re: XENOPHONIA FOR SS 6.1 - DOWNLOAD

Guys, I was under the impression the missing files were the ones needed for Stainless Steel, not all of Xenophonia. Filefront have apparently reorganized things and no longer let me store files in folders as they used to - so now all the files are in the one and same folder. I have updated the links in the readme. Try downloading again.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

well I can access the 2nd download link for SS version

but not the 1st

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

I modified devereau's post. The links in the first post of this thread should work now.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

I'm sorry but I too am confused... will xenophonia2xfrench and xenophonia2xgerman work with SS6.1? If not where are the devereau files?

Hum. No, they probably won't. I don't know where devereau has his files...

caralampio's Avatar Magnificus

Is there a way to install Xenophonia only in SS? Perhaps running the .exe inside the mod folder instead of M2TW folder? Xenophonia does strange things to TATW (orcs speaking German!)

Hum. Xenophonia 2 should have no impact on the sounds of any of the other mods or the vanilla game unless you actively do something to combine them. But yes, it's possible to install Xenophonia only in SS and not as its own mod, should you prefer that. Just remove the mods/Xenophonia folder.

German speaking Orcs sounds awesome though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Sir View Post
    I'm sorry but I too am confused... will xenophonia2xfrench and xenophonia2xgerman work with SS6.1? If not where are the devereau files?
    I've found a 1x mirror that might help - haven't come around to installing (still dling)
    Mirror 1:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/27343108...nia1french.exe
    http://rapidshare.com/files/27343226...nia1german.exe
    http://rapidshare.com/files/27343238...ia1italian.exe
    http://rapidshare.com/files/27343250...a1scottish.exe
    http://rapidshare.com/files/27343341...ia1english.exe
    http://rapidshare.com/files/27343381...ia1spanish.exe
    http://rapidshare.com/files/27343555...russianNEW.exe
    Mirror 2:
    http://tux.linuxgames.com/directory.php?id=2719

and on a sidenote filefront is getting on my nerves... especially with them killing of those small 4mb - 30mb mods you have no chance of finding again.

Thanks!

Hey Guys

Thanks for that great mod! Is there also a possiblility only to change one language ingame, cuz i wanted only the german/ frensh sounds to be changed. The rest could remain as it was before.
    Therefore could i just download the exe files and the german/frensh soundpack without the other ones, can that work?

Thanks Aeterion

I think it might be as easy as editing the descr_sounds_accents.txt.

Thasitis's Avatar Libertus

i have the german version of medieval 2 total war......can i still install this mod??

THIS IS THASOS

I don't know about SS.

I was able to install this for 6.2 RC4 RR/RC with everything working, as far as I can tell. I had to edit the accents file too. If people are having problems installing to 6.2 RR/RC, I can post my steps.

Glad someone found a solution.

Things have taken a turn for the worse. After my last post, I started to get very frequent unspecified error ctds- every 2 or 3 turns. All accents both battle and strategy worked. I tried changing things and now I get rare ctds, but system wide crash-restarts are happening about once every 9 or 10 turns. This forces me to save after every battle and turn. Also, I have lost some accents-only some accents work. The accents that do work appear to be the entries that are not new in the accents file. German and French accents work, for example. But Russian doesn't-I had to add that entry and move kievan rus and novgrodians to Russian accent, but they are still using the english eastern european accent.

If you tell me exactly what changes you've made and what files you had to begin with (original sound text files, xenophonia 1 or xenophonia 2 files etc), I can probably tell you what to do to fix it. It is possible to make it work, I know it, but it will take a bit of trial and error. The system log is your friend in any case (though it will only tell you what's wrong the first time after repacking the sound data).

Hello, can someone help me? Ive installed this mod following the exact procedure stated in the #1 post, but after that M2/SS stopped working (unknown error at startup). First I've replaced the backup files in /data/sounds, then i reinstalled SS, then I reinstalled Kingdoms... Nothing worked, I cannot play Kingdoms or SS because it crashes at startup. I don't have the original Medieval CD anymore (its damaged) , only the Kingdoms CD. How can i get the game back to working again? Help is much appreciated! It happened after the installation of the mod and never had a crash/problem before, so this mod is 100% the cause

I take no responsibility for the SS/Xenophonia combos, but hopefully someone else can help you...

Thank you for the offer of help Beiss. I actually have done too many odd things to my installation and did not catalogue them very well. It would be a waste of time to put effort into fixing my install. From what I remember, I installed xenophonia 1E and repacked by running stainless steel's exe. At that point, I remember I had working german but not french. This was due to an incomplete upload of the french sound pack on the rapidshare mirror. It is only 33 MB, while the correct one on the tux.linuxgames is complete (at 77 mb). I reinstalled xenophonia 1e using medieval.exe. I think I couldn't get any sound effects at all. I think I then installed Xenophonia 2. I don't remember what was wrong with it. I then installed Xenophonia 1E and rebuilt using medieval.exe. It worked great except I had frequent systemwide crashes. I then installed Xenophonia 1E and repacked using Stainless steel. This led to the situation in my last post. All this time I had frequent mishaps with events.dat and events.idx. Removing them completely (like the instructions said) didn't work and the program would force quit and create a very small events.dat. I think this resulted in no sound effects.

I'm going to be messing around with the install a little bit more then reinstalling stainless steel and Xenophonia from the original install files. I will backup much more the next time around and make note of what I did and if I still have issues I'll ask you for your help.
    Last edited by spur390; December 26, 2009 at 12:35 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast