Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: "Avatar The Last Airbender 3:1" - Alpha version out

Default Re: "Avatar Mini Mod" (working title). An open developement mod for Medieval II: Total War.

Damn! I wish I had kept my files. I had actually made a mod for myself in this same universe. I had the map done, and integrated the factions. I had no modeling/skinning skills, so I really couldn't continue. I wish I still had them, so I could give it to you guys. At least then, some remnant of my project could live on...

Default Re: "Avatar Mini Mod" (working title). An open developement mod for Medieval II: Total War.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Coles View Post
    How are you going to represent Ba Sing Se? It's a stupidly huge city with numerous "rings". I mean, the walls are insanely huge so maybe you should reduce pop growth so that it remains the only city with "epic stone walls" though i'm not sure if the three rings could be represented unless there was alot of customisation.
    In Rusichi Total War they used multiple settlements to represent the capital, so out had to take the outer settlement before you could conquer the inner one. We could use something like this to represent the various layers of Ba Sing Se.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Well guess so also Uanime your in the team right?? Do you watch Avatar? if so you can do regions

Lysimachus's Avatar Spirit Cleric

If you want information on pretty much everything on avatar then just go on to http://avatar.wikia.com/

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Here's the map:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It's all we got now...

We could do Ba Sing Se surrounded by other settlements. They will form one wall together. Is it possible to "turn" settlements or add another niveau of settlement.

Here's an example:

This is only the CITY of Ba Sing Se. The agrarian zone is not included. As you can see the lines represent the tiles. My idea is to make the upper ring and the royal palace of Ba Sing Se one settlement. And the outer walls of the city itself will be seperated in 8 pieces. After that comes the agrarian zone with the lake and then the most outer wall will come as one giant wall. This wall will be almost impossible to breach. You have to bring massive siege weopons to these walls.

@ Alex Coles, I know the site.

Unanime5 is Co-Leader, but I'm too lazy too edit the first post xD.
    Last edited by S-te-Fan; October 21, 2008 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakharar View Post
    Well guess so also Uanime your in the team right?? Do you watch Avatar? if so you can do regions
    Give that the last map I made didn't work because of an unknown error I'd rather not make a new map. Though Avatar Wiki does have a good world map here:
    http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/The_World_of_Avatar

There's also this:
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

wish i sas that map before anyway the current map is big also uanime are you doing the map??

Mod seems dead again . How much have you done and how much do you think it will take until the first version comes out?

It definatly isnt dead remember this is Stefaneke and Uanime and me on this mod we really dont need this thread to post our development, actualy more work is taking place then ever map work is good, coding is good, modelling and skinning is going good too

Yeah.. apart frome the coding () everything is going well. I made about 8 units last week. I was planning to do the first unit preview soon. Last month many good games came out. That's the reason for my innactivity.

BTW, Nakharar, do you finally have the map ingame? Can you show some screenies here?
    Last edited by S-te-Fan; November 05, 2008 at 08:50 AM.

I gave the base map to Uanime5, because im sure hes a better mapper and has more time

Ok, Here are some units I made (Although not all of them):

And these are the guys I'm working on:

A Water Tribe Strat model boat:

Upz... dubble post .
    Last edited by Amroth; November 06, 2008 at 07:57 AM. Reason: dp

[quote=stefaneke;3947880]Ok, Here are some units I made (Although not all of them):

And these are the guys I'm working on:

A Water Tribe Strat model boat:

Things I want to do:

Completing the roster with non-bending units.
    Making new strat generals and captains.
    Making new strat city's.
    Making new strat ships.

I think the strat generals and ships will be done within this week. I'm trying to make 3/4 units a week. I have to do some research about how to do those new strat city's.

Why is it that if I edit a post it double posts?
    Last edited by S-te-Fan; November 06, 2008 at 11:49 AM.

Gooooood

Thanks. I expect some ingame screens next week. I'm currently making 3/4 units a week.

Ok people, time for a mini preview of the fire nation army. All units I created appear in the serie, with reference screens:

"No name yet"

Reference:

-----------------------------------------------

"Fire Nation Shielded Spearmen"

Reference

"Fire Nation light Spearmen"
    (or pikemen)

"Fire Nation Swordsmen"

Reference:

"Settlement Guards"

Reference:

Most of the Fire Nation units don't wear shields. They're well armoured and trained: professional soldiers.
    I'm currently looking for more units and modelling the Yu Yan Archers and a general.
    Last edited by S-te-Fan; November 08, 2008 at 01:16 PM.

awesome work

They look really good

Unanime5 is working on the regions righ now .

Maybe you could give the bender-units bonusses on certain terrain, like waterbenders get a bonus in ice and snow and a penalty in lava/volcano areas.
    80% of the people on forums have things in their signature they ask you to copy. If you're sick and tired of this, copy this in your sig
    Fun things to do in Total war:
    1. Trample peasants to death with elephants (optionally with culverins)
    2. Burn peasants with greek fire
    3. Bombard peasants with mangonels
    4. Burn peasants with fire-arrows

Yes, I like my peasants...
    Fried!!!

We are certainly going to do that. I'm discussing very much on a avatar fan forum over the feautures that were going to implent .