Page 7 of 486 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Questions Here

Default Re: Ask Questions Here

Quote Originally Posted by The Count(er) View Post
    it's not illegal it only would be illegal if we were using their content for profit so it wouldn't be illegal and thanks for the info there Code_Knight
    Tell that to lucus arts You can't use BFME without the permission of .....(who made it?), it has to do with rights......can you say sued! Mods have gotten shut down for this reason.
    Son of _Pontifex_Father to Mithrandir
    - Citizen, Artifex, Civitate - Librarian

Third Age: Total War - Most Promising Mod of 2008
    2D Graphical Artist & Moderator

Iustinianos's Avatar Centenarius

Yeah, I was thinking the same. I believe BFME is EA Games.
    It looks bad in the newspapers and upsets civilians at their breakfast...

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by Code_Knight View Post
    It is without BFME permission, but LOTR:TW is providing us with voices.
    Tell that to lucus arts You can't use BFME without the permission of .....(who made it?), it has to do with rights......can you say sued! Mods have gotten shut down for this reason.
    You kind of contradicted yourself there, Code Knight. LOTRTW voices are from BFME. I don't think using the voices from BFME is illegal, although it might be, but even still its allowed. Technically, modding is illegal but most game companies still allow it

The Count(er)'s Avatar Protector Domesticus

well the real reason the mods would be shut down for that reason is TWC admins aren't willing to spend money on lawyers and go to court to win a case because it's not worth it even though what the modders are doing is legal that's just the way the law works
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaigidel View Post
    everyone but me is wrong.
    Ego's are fun

The Big Red 1's Avatar Primicerius

well the real reason the mods would be shut down for that reason is TWC admins aren't willing to spend money on lawyers and go to court to win a case because it's not worth it even though what the modders are doing is legal that's just the way the law works
    Then ditch TWC make the mod and find another way to host it, and if the company says shut it down, tell them they need to set up a meeting with you and explain why it is illegal. then they'll back down.
    HONEY I AM HOME

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

I didn't really understand that except for the last line. So, modding is illegal. When you pay for a game, it isn't your property. It is still, legally, owned by the game company and your sort of "renting" off them for a one time payment.

@The Big Red 1: that would work I guess although it'd be pretty annoying

@Ccllnply: I don't think you really understood anything in my post anyways we're not when modding redistributing file info that was originally part of M2TW for free which would be illegal which is why it's against TWC's TOS to ask for the game files although the edited stuff we submit is compatible with the Games engine and our own work not CA's or any other game company's so when we submit the mods it's our own work which we're free to use as we wish so long as the game doesn't work without M2TW installed which would require some immensely sized file and would be illegal but since all mods won't work without the original game installed creating them is in fact legal(If you didn't get this post either Ccnnply I just won't try to convince you anymore)
    Ego's are fun

It has nothing to do with TWC, if we do something wrong, we get in trouble. Deathmaw tried making a Star Wars Total War mod, but he had to meet with the head of public relations just to see if he could use the Star Wars name......so it's always best to ask first, or we could just use Big Red's Voice.

It has nothing to do with TWC, if we do something wrong, we get in trouble. Deathmaw tried making a Star Wars Total War mod, but he had to meet with the head of public relations just to see if he could use the Star Wars name......so it's always best to ask first, or we could just use Big Red's Voice.
    Follow me my children and I will lead you on the path to stupi....I mean sound and very smart logic.
    HONEY I AM HOME

well I only said it would have something to do with TWC because companies wouldn't care which accounts on the site did it they'd attack the site it's self anyways I know the law and I'm pretty much certain I'm right and it's not really important to discuss this any longer
    Ego's are fun

Hey this is to counter and big red one, as you have seen i am really exited about this mod, so much that i visit this forum almost every day to check progress and post, this is torture waiting for this mod without doing anything, i also have A LOT of free time, is there anything i could do to help that doesnt involve modding? unless someone wants to teach me how to mod Toatal War games. And i should learn kinda fast cause as i told you earlier ive modded before, just not TW games.

OH.also this is to Code_knight a.k.a the dread Penguin, he seems to be in charge hear,

Groovy

< Shved > is the mod leader but he doesn't post often so Code_Knight mostly runs the forum but < Shved > has the final decision
    Well I haven't actually been given any work to do yet but as long as we're allowed to keep joking around on this forum I think I can keep pretty entertained and view the forum often
    Ego's are fun

aNarion.'s Avatar Centenarius

< Shved > is the mod leader but he doesn't post often so Code_Knight mostly runs the forum but < Shved > has the final decision
    Well I haven't actually been given any work to do yet but as long as we're allowed to keep joking around on this forum I think I can keep pretty entertained and view the forum often
    You maybe should keep tabs on shveder, even thought he's a busy guy, he's still the supervisor around here.

Quote Originally Posted by aNarion. View Post
    You maybe should keep tabs on shveder, even thought he's a busy guy, he's still the supervisor around here.
    what do you mean by tabs on him?
    HONEY I AM HOME

aNarion.'s Avatar Centenarius

like ask him, pm him etc, what you/he should do

Quote Originally Posted by aNarion. View Post
    like ask him, pm him etc, what you/he should do
    Dev forums.
    HONEY I AM HOME

Have you guys decided will customs settlements for the campaign if your able to do them at all be part of your first release or a later release?

Khamûl the Wraith

Quote Originally Posted by LOTR-MOD View Post
    Have you guys decided will customs settlements for the campaign if your able to do them at all be part of your first release or a later release?
    We think we have found a way to make custom settlements, so we should have some of the big places. We will continue to add more and more custom settlements in patches though.

We think we have found a way to make custom settlements, so we should have some of the big places. We will continue to add more and more custom settlements in patches though.
    I love you guys.
    HONEY I AM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Red 1 View Post
    I love you guys.
    Does this mean you love yourself, considering your on the team.

O ya and did I mention, BIGGER MAP!!!! yes!!!