Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: RELEASED: Battle for the Baltic v1.0

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: RELEASED: Battle for the Baltic v1.0

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    I really want to try this mod, I see SSTC and RR are covered, is it BYG compatible?

WRL: this mod is compatible with Byg's mod BUT you will have to reinstall it once you have installed Battle for the Baltic. Make sure you reinstall Byg's mod using the instructions in that mod's thread in the submods forum and not through the 6.1 installer

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

TeutonicKnight's Avatar Miles

Ok, something funky is going on.

Everything seems to be working great, however, the rebel general in the fort NE of Riga has cavalry with no riders.

Firebat11's Avatar Semisalis

gah...version you are using please.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. All 4 versions are missing the entry for slaves for EE_bodyguards. We are fixing now.

Only those two rebels stacks will be affected. You can keep playing though, since its only that. We'll fix.

Ok, we're uploading fixes. Hopefully, this is the last bug. And the amount of hours we did testing too...

EDIT: Both non-RR versions have that missing bodyguards fixed. Caesar will upload both RR versions, when he gets a chance. They are still fully playable, you'll just get that one small problem. I'll update the links when Caesar lets me know.

Thanks for all your bug feedback everybody!!
    Last edited by Firebat11; July 14, 2008 at 09:42 PM.
    Co-Creator of Battle for the Baltic Mod for SS 6.1

Sure don't mean to be critical, as this is really freaking awesome work that you have done. I really must commend you. Even down to the two opposing rebel armies at the start near Riga.

Massive battle outside of Vilnius. My stack against three opposing stacks of Lithuanians.

I killed or captured two generals, and then the game went kablooie.

I'm not sure if that's even an issue you can fix. I'm going to start a new game as I can't get past it even replaying the battle. Only about turn 15 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by TeutonicKnight View Post
    Sure don't mean to be critical, as this is really freaking awesome work that you have done. I really must commend you. Even down to the two opposing rebel armies at the start near Riga.

Massive battle outside of Vilnius. My stack against three opposing stacks of Lithuanians.

I killed or captured two generals, and then the game went kablooie.

I'm not sure if that's even an issue you can fix. I'm going to start a new game as I can't get past it even replaying the battle. Only about turn 15 or so.
    So, CTD after the battle?

Battle finishes, game loads back to campaign map and it crashes? There's something unusual. Is that right?

strife1013's Avatar Campidoctor

Im tempted to try this mod out and see if I like the T.O. (I would love to see HRE have the T.O.'s full unit roster) better through this mod but in case I dont how do I uninstall it?

Quote Originally Posted by strife1013 View Post
    Im tempted to try this mod out and see if I like the T.O. (I would love to see HRE have the T.O.'s full unit roster) better through this mod but in case I dont how do I uninstall it?
    You'd have to reinstall SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebat11 View Post
    So, CTD after the battle?

Battle finishes, game loads back to campaign map and it crashes? There's something unusual. Is that right?
    Nope. I get halfway through the fight, and the screen goes black with a spinning hourglass like it's trying to load something. The hourglass is the in-game one. Then when I hit any key, it's CTD.

I just started a new game. Managed to sneak a catapult and assault crew to Vilnius past the huge Lithuanian mob, and the same thing happens. Get through half the fight, and BOOM - CTD.

Also, the Lithuanian Axemen in this fight were invisible. I was quite surprised when my spearmen didn't make it to the enemy cavalry and started falling over dead left and right.

What should I try?

strife1013's Avatar Campidoctor

Thanks for the quick answer Caesar Clivus

Hang on, I've got a hunch where the problem is. If I'm right, it's NOT Battle for the Baltic.

I'll know shortly.

Nope. I get halfway through the fight, and the screen goes black with a spinning hourglass like it's trying to load something. The hourglass is the in-game one. Then when I hit any key, it's CTD.

I just started a new game. Managed to sneak a catapult and assault crew to Vilnius past the huge Lithuanian mob, and the same thing happens. Get through half the fight, and BOOM - CTD.

Also, the Lithuanian Axemen in this fight were invisible. I was quite surprised when my spearmen didn't make it to the enemy cavalry and started falling over dead left and right.

What should I try?
    I'll see if I can recreate this problem

Nope. I've still got the problem.

I did a clean install of the mods. I thought maybe the Lusted's AI or the Text Mod was doing it, but it's not.

Invisible Lithuanian Woodsmen. I can tell they are there only by the red arrows on the radar.

HaveFallen's Avatar Centenarius
    In this Island, surrounded by water. Guam!

Nice!!!

Little problem here, I clicked on the link for SSTC with RR and it just takes me to the front page. My browser maybe?
    If I can't cheat, how will I get through school???

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFallen View Post
    Nice!!!

Little problem here, I clicked on the link for SSTC with RR and it just takes me to the front page. My browser maybe?
    No the files are in being updated. Use the following link until Firebat updates the first post:

SSTC + RR: http://files.filefront.com/Battle+fo.../fileinfo.html

Nope. I've still got the problem.

I did a clean install of the mods. I thought maybe the Lusted's AI or the Text Mod was doing it, but it's not.

Invisible Lithuanian Woodsmen. I can tell they are there only by the red arrows on the radar.
    I'm still trying to recreate this problem but not having much luck. Do you have any other SS submods installed...oh and are you running vista?

1) I tried to take Hrodna. My crappy catapult got burned to the ground, and so my army retreated from the seige. The next turn, the army vanished.

2) Are Prussian Spearmen crappier than Crusader Spearmen? Statwise, the Prussians are better, but the Crusader ones are supposed to be a higher grade. I'm just a little confused on cost factors. Also, the Crusader Spearmen appear to run away faster than Prussians.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    I'm still trying to recreate this problem but not having much luck. Do you have any other SS submods installed...oh and are you running vista?
    I am running XP with SP3.

I thought it might have been other sub-mods as well, but I've reinstalled with only SS6.1 and BFTB, same problem. Though the CTD problem has gone away, I still can't see the axemen.

Considering their threat level, that's really bad.

Hmmm...I can see the axemen fine. I even loaded up a custom battle and loaded up one of nearly every lithuanian unit and didn't see any invisible units (no pun intended).

Which version of this mod did you download?

1) I tried to take Hrodna. My crappy catapult got burned to the ground, and so my army retreated from the seige. The next turn, the army vanished.

2) Are Prussian Spearmen crappier than Crusader Spearmen? Statwise, the Prussians are better, but the Crusader ones are supposed to be a higher grade. I'm just a little confused on cost factors. Also, the Crusader Spearmen appear to run away faster than Prussians.

Prussian Levy Spearmen are the equivalent of say...Spear Militia.

Crusader Sergeants are the equivalent of Sergeant Spearmen. Since Order Spearmen wear Plate armour (notice the 'u' ), they won't appear until later in the game, depending on which version you are using.

Prussian levy spearmen, prussian axemen, and prussian infantry are the lowest form of infantry that the order can recruit, since they are levy. However, Crusader Sergeants are not professional warriors. They are low born, or even peasants who have committed sins, and have decided to take the crusade to attend to their souls. If the fight gets tough enough and their unsupported, they'll run away.
    Last edited by Firebat11; July 15, 2008 at 07:44 AM.

I am running XP with SP3.

I thought it might have been other sub-mods as well, but I've reinstalled with only SS6.1 and BFTB, same problem. Though the CTD problem has gone away, I still can't see the axemen.

Considering their threat level, that's really bad.

We haven't touched that unit...:hmmm:as part of the mod. Maybe the entry is missing from the models.modelsdb file? Try doing a search and see if its there?

That's interesting news. I'll see what I can find in the models db, but I'll confess my absolute ineptness and lack of knowledge about the files right now.

If I don't see anything, I guess I'll run another fresh install again tonight. I'll try checking at multiple points along the way and see if the Axemen show up, and if so, when they vanish.