Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 4 Seasons 3.1

Default Re: 4 Seasons 3.0

First off great job on this mod uanime'
    I've got some questions. Is there a way to move one of the factions to the main game of MTW2, also I was wondering (or rather hoping) if you had fixed the CTD that happens after the rebels have their turn?

Thanks in advance and thank you for this mod.

Hello,

When playing the 4 seasons mod I experience an error: Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit. It seems to be a problem with the save tree because if you just reload the saved game it happens again after 2-3 turns. at the end it happens every turn. (the first error appears around turn 10, but seems to be random)

I installed everything again and played the mod third age for 30-40 turns withouth any problems, so I guess it's only a problem with this mod? I was wondering if this is problem is known and what can be done to fix it, and if not to warn you for this problem. Maybe you can fix it.

regards,

Rex.

Can you provide me with an error log. The error log is 'system.log.txt' file in the 'Medieval II Total War\logs' folder (default location 'C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs') and explains why the mod has crashed.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

I can but it's only showing basic information. How can I make it show more detail reports?

No sorry, I uninstalled everything and threw the folder away, reinstalling everything takes up a day and would mean uninstalling the third age aswell. If I would have sen the reply earlier I could have gotten the log .

I can try installing M2 TW again on another drive, then install 4 seasons on it. play a game untill the error occurs and send you the log. Would that work? Or will it tamper with the excisting m2 tw third age version?

Quote Originally Posted by sleepydizzy View Post
    I can but it's only showing basic information. How can I make it show more detail reports?
    Open the seasons.cfg and change the following entry:

Code:
    level = * error
    to this

Code:
    ;level = * error
    level=*script* trace
    This will provide me with more information.

Here you go.

I'm not 100% sure what's causing this crash but it may be because the Titanocene faction is allowed princesses but does not have any sound files for this agent type. I've added a '4seasons _3.1_patch.7z' to the first post of this thread; this patch contains some modified sound files. Try downloading it and seeing if this fixes your problem.

To install this patch download the '4seasons _3.1_patch.7z' attached to the first post of this thread and unpack it. This will give you a folder called 'seasons patch'. In the 'seasons patch' folder there are several files and folders. Copy and past these files and folders to the 'seasons\data' folder (default location 'C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\seasons\data'). Overwrite any exisiting files.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: 4 Seasons 3.1

Hey uanime5, I dowloaded the 3.1 patch and custom battles crash whenever I try and play them. I'm not sure if it's in here, but you can look:

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Hey uanime5, I dowloaded the 3.1 patch and custom battles crash whenever I try and play them. I'm not sure if it's in here, but you can look:
    Unfortunately this error log didn't provide me with the information I needed. In the season.cfg can you change this:

Code:
    [log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    level = * error
    to this

Code:
    [log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    ;level = * error
    ;level = * trace
    level=*script* trace
    This will produce a more detailed error log.

I'm using your general female model to recreate a joan of arc character in a 3d anim docu serie on her,you were credited for the 3d model in my BETTER 1.0 video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdITx8tdjgw

Hello again, I was wondering is anyone else having problems with the some of the maps in custom battles? The maps themselves will load up just fine, but when it shows up the entire map is filled with water. Is there a way to fix this?

This occurs because the locations of some custom battle is set by the custom_locations.txt. As the 4 Seasons map is different from the vanilla map some custom location are in the sea. Editing this file or avoiding these location will fix this problem.

Oh ok, thank you for your help.

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

How to uninstall this???

Great mod, if a bit unfinished. I think I'm in love with the Valkyrian Principality faction. I'm currently at turn 166 with them, but there's just one thing that's driving me nuts: the voices. Needless to say, manly French accents don't really match most of the units in this faction. How would you go about just disabling the voices for the entire faction? I've tried numerous things with the multiple descr_sound.txt files, to no avail.

There were a few other things. Are the Reborn Axemen and the Reapers from the Silvian Alliance supposed to have the glossy metallic texture look? Or are the textures missing? Same for the dismounted Tuareg Spearman, as well as the captains for units that don't natively belong to a faction (e.g. when hiring Samurai with the Valkyrian Principality, if the captain is with that unit then the captain's textures are not there; same with Spearwomen, Pikewomen, and Archerettes, I'm assuming because ownership is set to all?).

The mod has a lot to like. It'd be nice to see a little polish, especially regarding the design of the campaign map. Some balancing would help as well. Those Venifician Demon Bodyguards are insane. I've wiped out an army of 1,500+ while suffering zero casualties a few times now in my second campaign with them. Some minor alterations in the descr_units.txt file can easily fix that, such as reducing the range.

I noticed the screenshots on the front page are a bit lacking. I could probably take a few at a pretty large resolution and upload them.

here is a short film using the valkyries & red dragoons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emr7F1RNcWA

Send in the Angel Principes. They should take care of business.

It's a shame this mod receives less attention than it should, and I believe the majority of the reason is definitely poor marketing. It's also a shame support for this mod seems to have disappeared. If more people knew about some of the awesome units found within the factions, such as the Valkyrian Principality (rainyXp's work), the Venefician Empire, and the Zenchen Shogunate (Blue Lotus mod I believe) activity would pick up for this mod.

For people who had trouble installing this mod and uninstalling this mod:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The installation instructions in the readme don't necessarily need to be followed exactly. There is no need to install this over any vanilla Medieval files, when the only thing that needs to be done to play Seasons is to place the seasons folder into the Medieval II main directory (same folder the Medieval2.cfg is in), then place the seasons.bat and seasons.cfg files into that same folder as well (Medieval II main folder), then to move the two ui files (shared.sd and strategy.sd) from the seasons\data\ui folder into the vanilla Medieval II\data\ui folder, then launch seasons.bat and everything should be fine. However, if you want play vanilla Medieval II again, you need to move the shared.sd and strategy.sd files in the Medieval II\data\ui folder into a new folder out of the way, where you can move them back again if you want to play Seasons again. In other words, the shared.sd and strategy.sd files are need for Seasons, but should be removed for vanilla Medieval. With this, all you need to do to uninstall is delete the seasons folder, along with the shared.sd and strategy.sd files in the Medieval II\data\ui folder.

As for marketing and a few other things, I can give a hand. I've taken a number of fairly decent shots that could be used for advertisement. Heck, I can place a sig with a link to a screenshots thread featuring some of these shots.

Another thing I'm willing to help with is the text descriptions regarding the units and campaign descriptions. I've done a bit of tweaking to the export_descr_units, as well as the export_units.txt files (regarding the naming and descriptions of units), balanced some grossly imbalanced abilities, and corrected numerous grammatical errors. I have also added a bit of information to the various factions in the Grand Campaign, providing more background detail about the fantasy setting of the world, as well as updating unit and building descriptions. This is still a work in progress and can be changed as you see fit.

I can upload these in addition to the screenshots, though I'm not sure if you're supporting this mod anymore. I would be glad to continue to assist in proofreading the text descriptions and test balancing issues, and perhaps research a bit on the units you've implemented to improve their descriptions if you think you could spend a bit of time patching the mod.

The one thing I truly, TRULY want is to see a change in the Valkyrian Principality's voices. The female units DO NOT match the manly French accents that permeate the battlefield at every given opportunity. I've been wracking my brains trying to fix this problem myself.

I have two possibilities for solving this problem. Disabling the voices for this faction completely is probably the simplest. The second preferred method involves incorporating female voice files pulled from Rome: Total War (and possibly Barbarian Invasion) which fit nicely. I'm not sure if there are legal issues with the last method, but I could email you the voices and you could incorporate them into the mod for personal use (I do own R:TW and the expansion). This would be a huge favor to me, so I understand if you've moved on to other projects and don't wish to support this mod anymore. I just hate to see such great work marred by immersion-ruining manly French voices.

Of course, the last, but least important aspect, would be an upgrade to the campaign map. It's admittedly dull, flat, and the shorlines are jagged beyond belief. Perhaps with a few mountains and rivers, movement points for units could be drastically reduced. It seems units can traverse massive distances, making Crusades especially deadly.

I've compiled a list of bugs I've noticed through extensive playing, some of which I've mentioned already:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    1) Unit captains that belong to units that are not native only to one faction do not have any textures. Example: hiring Samurai as the Valkyrian Principality leaves a textureless captain (it also does this when hiring Samurai as the Zenchen Shogunate, their native faction, since Samurai can be hired by multiple factions that conquer Zenchen lands); this applies to all units who have an ownership set to "all" I think. This list contains units such as Mercenary Squirettes, Militia Pikewomen, Samurai, Spearwomen, Naginata, and other units that can be hired by multiple factions.

2) Dismounted Tuareg Spearmen have no textures.

3) Knight units from the Lignarius Empire that utilize long range fire/wind attacks have no swords when engaged in close combat.

4) Eagle Archers' swords float in the air when in melee.

5) The people in the dragon control towers lack textures and seem misplaced (major clipping issues; some are standing through the top of the dragon; I'll see if it's possible to just remove the crews, though I doubt it is). Not sure how much you can do about this though, since I think these meshes were from the Blue Lotus mod (might be wrong).

6) The Samurai and Yari Samurai have a mesh problem with their right arms that prevents the arms from connecting to the shoulders, but instead they stretch straight down into the ground. Same with the Shiva units. These are fairly minor issues. Again, this may be a problem with the original meshes and not something you can fix.

7) An upgrade to the faction banners would be great. The Zenchen have their own already, but it shows up as Milan on the battlefield and various other places. Santa's Kingdom and the Titanocene are fine. The Valkyrian Principality, while I actually do think it's a pretty appropriate banner (pinkish bird/Valkyrie display) it's a recolor of the Denmark banner. I believe the Silvians use the Russian banner. The Veneficians use the (Chichimec?) banner from the Americas campaign. These aren't really major issues. Just pointing them out. I'm sure there are a ton of banners around the forums you could receive permission to use.

8) The voices...please...at least silence the voices of the Valkyrian Principality, and if possible incorporate the voices I could send to you over email (though it may not be releasable to public due to legal reasons). This one thing would be enough to make the mod more than playable.

I can upload the updated unit/building descriptions and screenshots later. You can also take a look at the export_descr_units.txt file I updated, which nerfed the range of all long range mounted magic units that completely overpowered everything.

I am currently working at replacing the sounds like I mentioned above, asking for assistance over at the sounds and other media forum, but I have met with zero success. Perhaps you would have a much better idea how to go about remedying this problem?

There was one final thing I was wondering about. I found a picture of a unit from rainyXP's work that I didn't see implemented in this mod (attached at bottom). Is this because you were unable to locate the files? There was a link to download the original mod towards the bottom of this page:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=146300&page=4

I believe this model would make for a perfect Valkyrian captain.
    Last edited by oldmanpoo; November 17, 2010 at 07:34 PM.

Some more notes. Not sure if the mod is still being worked on, but I'll report anyway.

I believe the Nekomimi and (Female?) Musketeers are supposed to become recruitable at the same time as the Lady Reiters for the Valkyrian Principality after the Guns Adopted event, right? The Lady Reiters are available, but the musketeers aren't. In the export_descr_buildings.txt (or something like that) they are available under the "gun_a" building, but Byzantium is not included in the list of required factions. After looking at the building text file in the text folder, I'm assuming "gun_a" refers to "Gun Factory", though gun_a never becomes available to the Valkyrian Principality. A few minor adjustments fixed this.

I added text descriptions to the following buildings, since there were none for the Valkyrian Principality: Aqueducts, Bath House, and "gun_a" which I renamed to "Gun Factory".

Not sure if this is intentional, but Thieves Guild Headquarters and Assassins Guild Headquarters provide an insane boost to income. After building one of each in all of my territories, about 400,000 out of 475,000 Florins was coming directly from Corruption (net gain). I assume it's the same for the other factions that can build these as well.

Is there a hardcoded limit to the amount of troops you can have in the game, or a limit for each faction individually? The funds I received from corruption allowed me expend about 430,000 Florins on army upkeep. Once I hit a certain limit (not sure if it's purely decided in troop numbers or according to my Military Faction Ranking score), the game would crash every time I hit the "End Turn" button. It's not a big deal, since I don't need that many soldiers. After disbanding a few stacks, everything went back to normal for now. Just wondering if it's a limitation in the engine or a bug.

Regarding the Titanocene, are they supposed to be wielding guns? Not sure, but I don't see any. Additionally, the Carboxylates (sp?)(the soldiers on the camels, and not the Irmines) don't appear. Just the camels.

I ran into the same problem as someone else, where the Lizard Mounts for the Angel Principes were visible but missing their textures. I just remade the Principes into a dismounted unit of 60 soldiers with two hitpoints each. Also upped their range a bit to match (not entirely) the Venefician Dragons, Mamluks, Demon Domini, and Santa soldiers. I also upped the attack of archers for each faction, since in the face of magical units archers were entirely useless. Additionally, the White and Black Knights are supposed to wield maces, I believe, but they are using lances (the kind wielded by cavalry). Is this because they were formally mounted units?

Finally, it should be noted that if you run into a case where after pressing "End Turn" the turns become stuck, allowing you to move the screen around during another faction's turn but not allowing you to continue, you can fix it by saving the game (preferably create a new file) after it gets stuck, then reloading that save. The faction the turn was stuck on should finish its moves and you can move on. Not sure what causes this, but it's happened a lot, mostly during the Animositan's and Venifician's turns.

As far as stability goes, I'm in 215 turns with the Valkyrian Principality and I've yet to experience any crippling bugs yet. I was worried a bit about the crashes that were happening because of having too many units, but I got that sorted out. I'll just have to be mindful not to train any more soldiers.
    Last edited by oldmanpoo; November 30, 2010 at 04:57 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast