Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 4 Seasons 3.1

Default Re: 4 Seasons 3.1

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanpoo View Post
    The one thing I truly, TRULY want is to see a change in the Valkyrian Principality's voices. The female units DO NOT match the manly French accents that permeate the battlefield at every given opportunity. I've been wracking my brains trying to fix this problem myself.

I have two possibilities for solving this problem. Disabling the voices for this faction completely is probably the simplest. The second preferred method involves incorporating female voice files pulled from Rome: Total War (and possibly Barbarian Invasion) which fit nicely. I'm not sure if there are legal issues with the last method, but I could email you the voices and you could incorporate them into the mod for personal use (I do own R:TW and the expansion). This would be a huge favor to me, so I understand if you've moved on to other projects and don't wish to support this mod anymore. I just hate to see such great work marred by immersion-ruining manly French voices.
    Regarding the Valkyrian Principality's voices to remake the sound files need to be remade. I can teach you how to do this if you want. It's not difficult but it is time consuming.

Of course, the last, but least important aspect, would be an upgrade to the campaign map. It's admittedly dull, flat, and the shorlines are jagged beyond belief. Perhaps with a few mountains and rivers, movement points for units could be drastically reduced. It seems units can traverse massive distances, making Crusades especially deadly.
    I can also teach you how to edit the maps.

I've compiled a list of bugs I've noticed through extensive playing, some of which I've mentioned already:

1) Unit captains that belong to units that are not native only to one faction do not have any textures. Example: hiring Samurai as the Valkyrian Principality leaves a textureless captain (it also does this when hiring Samurai as the Zenchen Shogunate, their native faction, since Samurai can be hired by multiple factions that conquer Zenchen lands); this applies to all units who have an ownership set to "all" I think. This list contains units such as Mercenary Squirettes, Militia Pikewomen, Samurai, Spearwomen, Naginata, and other units that can be hired by multiple factions.
    The problem is that I haven't given the captain's a mercenary texture, so they're fine with their native factions but not with other factions. When I made this mod I didn't realise this problem existed.

2) Dismounted Tuareg Spearmen have no textures.
    Invisible units are usually caused by assigned the wrong model_db entry in the export_descr_unit.txt, or assigning the texture to the wrong faction in the model_db.

3) Knight units from the Lignarius Empire that utilize long range fire/wind attacks have no swords when engaged in close combat.
    That's odd swords should be their secondary weapon.

4) Eagle Archers' swords float in the air when in melee.
    That's either a problem with the animations or the mesh.

5) The people in the dragon control towers lack textures and seem misplaced (major clipping issues; some are standing through the top of the dragon; I'll see if it's possible to just remove the crews, though I doubt it is). Not sure how much you can do about this though, since I think these meshes were from the Blue Lotus mod (might be wrong).
    They're supposed to be invisible because I couldn't put them in the right place.

6) The Samurai and Yari Samurai have a mesh problem with their right arms that prevents the arms from connecting to the shoulders, but instead they stretch straight down into the ground. Same with the Shiva units. These are fairly minor issues. Again, this may be a problem with the original meshes and not something you can fix.
    Probably a mesh or animation problem.

7) An upgrade to the faction banners would be great. The Zenchen have their own already, but it shows up as Milan on the battlefield and various other places. Santa's Kingdom and the Titanocene are fine. The Valkyrian Principality, while I actually do think it's a pretty appropriate banner (pinkish bird/Valkyrie display) it's a recolor of the Denmark banner. I believe the Silvians use the Russian banner. The Veneficians use the (Chichimec?) banner from the Americas campaign. These aren't really major issues. Just pointing them out. I'm sure there are a ton of banners around the forums you could receive permission to use.
    I had to make the whole mod myself back then I wasn't as skilled at making banners and faction symbols.

I can upload the updated unit/building descriptions and screenshots later. You can also take a look at the export_descr_units.txt file I updated, which nerfed the range of all long range mounted magic units that completely overpowered everything.
    I admit I didn't balance the mod very well. Though I did make Titanocene units very expensive to compensate for their high attack and defence.

I am currently working at replacing the sounds like I mentioned above, asking for assistance over at the sounds and other media forum, but I have met with zero success. Perhaps you would have a much better idea how to go about remedying this problem?
    I have all the files needed to remake the sounds (I've needed them in other mods).

There was one final thing I was wondering about. I found a picture of a unit from rainyXP's work that I didn't see implemented in this mod (attached at bottom). Is this because you were unable to locate the files? There was a link to download the original mod towards the bottom of this page:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=146300&page=4

I believe this model would make for a perfect Valkyrian captain.
    Unfortunately that file wasn't in the mod. Unless a later version of this mod was made I don't know if it was every released.

I believe the Nekomimi and (Female?) Musketeers are supposed to become recruitable at the same time as the Lady Reiters for the Valkyrian Principality after the Guns Adopted event, right? The Lady Reiters are available, but the musketeers aren't. In the export_descr_buildings.txt (or something like that) they are available under the "gun_a" building, but Byzantium is not included in the list of required factions. After looking at the building text file in the text folder, I'm assuming "gun_a" refers to "Gun Factory", though gun_a never becomes available to the Valkyrian Principality. A few minor adjustments fixed this.

I added text descriptions to the following buildings, since there were none for the Valkyrian Principality: Aqueducts, Bath House, and "gun_a" which I renamed to "Gun Factory".
    Thanks for fixing that.

Not sure if this is intentional, but Thieves Guild Headquarters and Assassins Guild Headquarters provide an insane boost to income. After building one of each in all of my territories, about 400,000 out of 475,000 Florins was coming directly from Corruption (net gain). I assume it's the same for the other factions that can build these as well.
    These buildings shouldn't be providing any income. The trade buildings such as markets, ports, and merchants guilds should be the only buildings that increase the amount of money you make.

Were you getting any money from Protectorates, as money from then is listed as Corruption / other.

Is there a hardcoded limit to the amount of troops you can have in the game, or a limit for each faction individually? The funds I received from corruption allowed me expend about 430,000 Florins on army upkeep. Once I hit a certain limit (not sure if it's purely decided in troop numbers or according to my Military Faction Ranking score), the game would crash every time I hit the "End Turn" button. It's not a big deal, since I don't need that many soldiers. After disbanding a few stacks, everything went back to normal for now. Just wondering if it's a limitation in the engine or a bug.
    It's probably a limit in the engine.

Regarding the Titanocene, are they supposed to be wielding guns? Not sure, but I don't see any. Additionally, the Carboxylates (sp?)(the soldiers on the camels, and not the Irmines) don't appear. Just the camels.
    The Titanocene are supposed to be aliens that shoot rockets. Invisible units are usually caused by assigned the wrong model_db entry in the export_descr_unit.txt, or assigning the texture to the wrong faction in the model_db.

I ran into the same problem as someone else, where the Lizard Mounts for the Angel Principes were visible but missing their textures. I just remade the Principes into a dismounted unit of 60 soldiers with two hitpoints each. Also upped their range a bit to match (not entirely) the Venefician Dragons, Mamluks, Demon Domini, and Santa soldiers. I also upped the attack of archers for each faction, since in the face of magical units archers were entirely useless. Additionally, the White and Black Knights are supposed to wield maces, I believe, but they are using lances (the kind wielded by cavalry). Is this because they were formally mounted units?
    The lizards are supposed to be invisible so it looks like the angels can file. Sadly units without textures are only invisible on the lower texture settings.

If the knights have a lance they probably were once cavalry. Unfortunately I didn't know how to make dismounted units when I made this mod.

Finally, it should be noted that if you run into a case where after pressing "End Turn" the turns become stuck, allowing you to move the screen around during another faction's turn but not allowing you to continue, you can fix it by saving the game (preferably create a new file) after it gets stuck, then reloading that save. The faction the turn was stuck on should finish its moves and you can move on. Not sure what causes this, but it's happened a lot, mostly during the Animositan's and Venifician's turns.
    That's probably a bug that keeps reoccuring. The error log should explain what's causing this.

I'm glad that your enjoying my mod oldmanpoo. If I find time I fix some of the bugs in this mod or teach you how to do fix them if you'd try to fix them yourself.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    Regarding the Valkyrian Principality's voices to remake the sound files need to be remade. I can teach you how to do this if you want. It's not difficult but it is time consuming.
    Actually that would be great. Since the accent is French, would it simply work to rename the corresponding female voice files to replace the French accents? I have female voice files from Rome: Total War that I attempted this with using a tutorial I found elsewhere on this site. The problem I ran into while trying to replace the accent was rebuilding the voice.dat and .idx files. They kept coming out at 1 KB in size. I thought I could try just playing with the files unpacked, but the game crashes immediately on large battles.

I admit I didn't balance the mod very well. Though I did make Titanocene units very expensive to compensate for their high attack and defence.
    Actually, the Titanocene weren't really a problem (although I admit I have yet to face them mid to late game). It was the Santa soldiers, Mamluk cavalry, and Dragons that massacred everything. Especially the Dragons.

These buildings shouldn't be providing any income. The trade buildings such as markets, ports, and merchants guilds should be the only buildings that increase the amount of money you make.

Were you getting any money from Protectorates, as money from then is listed as Corruption / other.
    The headquarters for these buildings provide a +500 (or was it a +1000?) income Global Effect bonus, in addition to a +1000 or +2000 income bonus for the settlement they're located in. You can build one of each of these buildings in every settlement, so the bonuses rack up.

Actually, it's not such a bad thing, though I should probably find out how to tone it down to prevent factions from producing too many soldiers that might lead to that crash that was plaguing me earlier.

That's odd swords should be their secondary weapon.
    Yeah, I noticed this when I made the Angel Principes into infantry as well. They have their swords out when using the greek fire attack, but once melee starts the swords disappear and they fight with invisible swords. It probably has something to do with an incomplete change of what were originally strictly melee units into ranged units.

Another quick question: do you know what values to change in the projectiles text file to bring arrow trails back? It seems Jinettes' crossbow arrows can't be seen without them.

Finally, would changes to the campaign map be save game compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanpoo View Post
    Actually that would be great. Since the accent is French, would it simply work to rename the corresponding female voice files to replace the French accents? I have female voice files from Rome: Total War that I attempted this with using a tutorial I found elsewhere on this site. The problem I ran into while trying to replace the accent was rebuilding the voice.dat and .idx files. They kept coming out at 1 KB in size. I thought I could try just playing with the files unpacked, but the game crashes immediately on large battles.
    To change the sound files you have to do the following.

1) Download the sound text files and unpack them in the 'Medieval II Total War\seasons\data' folder. DO NOT overwrite the descr_sounds_accents.txt.

2) Edit the following files so they use the new voices:
    2i) export_descr_sounds_stratmap_voice.txt (strat map voices)
    2ii) export_descr_sounds_units_voice (battle map voices)

3) Put all the new sound files in the 'Medieval II Total War\seasons\data\sounds' folder. Make sure that they're all in the correct folders.

4) Delete all the .dat and .idx files.

5) Copy all the files from the 'Medieval II Total War\data\sounds' folder to the 'Medieval II Total War\seasons\data\sounds' folder.

6) Start M2TW, this will create the new sound files. Once done delete the all the idx and dat files you don't need. The easiest way to tell which ones you don't need is to move the sound files to another folder and see if the sound is still correct when you start M2TW.

The headquarters for these buildings provide a +500 (or was it a +1000?) income Global Effect bonus, in addition to a +1000 or +2000 income bonus for the settlement they're located in. You can build one of each of these buildings in every settlement, so the bonuses rack up.
    I just checked these buildings and I did change them so they provided the player with more money. I've updated the EDB to remove the global effect.

To apply the changes I've made download the seasons.rar attached to this post and unpack it in the 'Medieval II Total War\seasons\data' folder. It will replace the EDB and the battle_models.modelDB (also updated).

Yeah, I noticed this when I made the Angel Principes into infantry as well. They have their swords out when using the greek fire attack, but once melee starts the swords disappear and they fight with invisible swords. It probably has something to do with an incomplete change of what were originally strictly melee units into ranged units.
    To fix this I'll need to change their sword to the secondary weapon, rather than the primary one.

Another quick question: do you know what values to change in the projectiles text file to bring arrow trails back? It seems Jinettes' crossbow arrows can't be seen without them.
    The Jinettes use the 'cav_light_crossbow_bolt', so go to this entry in the descr_projectiles.txt. Next find the 'effect' entry, in this case 'crossbow_arrows_new_set'. In the 'descr_flaming_projectiles.txt' find the 'crossbow_arrows_new_set' and change ';crossbow_arrow_model_trail' to 'crossbow_arrow_model_trail'. This will enable the crossbow trail.

Finally, would changes to the campaign map be save game compatible?
    Most changes probably aren't save game compatible.
    Last edited by uanime5; December 18, 2010 at 05:45 PM.

Great mod i cannot play in fulll screen in game options i click full screen but still nothing

Can you start the mod, get it to crash, and upload an error log (the 'system.log.txt' file in the 'Medieval II Total War\logs' folder).

Here is my log file :
    00:21:56.828 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    00:21:56.843 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Oct 5 2006 version bld-medieval2-final-52 (29455) ===
    00:21:56.921 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    00:21:56.968 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    00:21:57.015 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    00:21:57.078 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    00:21:57.109 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    00:21:57.125 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    00:22:12.468 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War failed to initialise audio system.
    Audio card is not supported or audio drivers are out of date or not installed.
    Game will continue with audio disabled.

00:22:16.031 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Please help me !! I can not find out the problem for a few days ! Does my Medieval 2 version cause this problem ? My version is US Medieval 2 Total War. Please help me !!!
    Last edited by sauboden; June 14, 2011 at 11:26 AM.

I'm not sure why this mod is having trouble with your audio system. Try replacing the seasons.cfg with the one in the season.rar attached to this post.

So, the problem is my audio card ? But I still can run Eras Total Conquest, and other mods. I just got that problem with few mods like : 4 Seasons, Road to Jerlisum, The Long Road. They are the same with that problem although I try many ways to fix it.

The problem is that some early cfg files specified what audio settings M2TW had to use and if the computer didn't have this setting the mod wouldn't load. That's why I recommended using a different cfg file.

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    The problem is that some early cfg files specified what audio settings M2TW had to use and if the computer didn't have this setting the mod wouldn't load. That's why I recommended using a different cfg file.
    Ok, I will re-install the Medieval 2 and re-install the mod with that cfg. I hope I will fix it ! I really love the units in 4 seasons and Eras Total Conquest. Try with many mod like them.

So sad, I still get the same problem. I dont' know why! , this mod is really difficult to launch
    Last edited by sauboden; June 19, 2011 at 06:38 AM.

Icon2 Re: 4 Seasons 3.1

video i've made about this mod that i'm still playing

Where's the file? I tried to download 3.0 and the 3.1 patch but gamefront doesn't have them anymore. Could you upload a new download link?

Default Re: 4 Seasons 2.1

I got the game to work, however, the only faction I can use in grand campaign is the papal states.

Icon4 hi i have a serious problem!

hi i uninstalled this mod by hand (Not becausei didnt like the ideas behind it but because of the performance of my old pc: memory problems etc)..
    but after the uninstall everything seems nice except i can NOT play any Custom/quick battles any more whenever i open it with the medieval2.exe..
    the custom battles on the Kingdoms (Americas etc) arent affected by this bug!
    Can u help me with this problem please ??

i mean: whenever i try to open them it just crushess.... :S..

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456