Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: [M2TW AAR] Nova Roma- Rise Of The New Roman Empire

Default Re: Nova Roma- Rise Of The New Roman Empire

Venice- 1162

Palace of Venice

Doge Bartolomeo: Darn those Greeks! They have begun to siege Venice! However i have 1403 men at my disposal! Those Greeks only have 991! YES, WE WILL WIN! Victory is ours! WE SHALL SHUT THE GATES OF OBLIVION HERE! TODAY THOSE GREEKS SHALL DINE IN HELL !HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Palace Guard 1: Well, he's gone off the deep end.
    Palace Guard 2: Yea, but he's right. We do outnumber the greeks.
    Palace Guard 1: That may be, but they have a "legion".
    Palace Guard 2: A legion. HAHAHAHA, what do they think they are, Roman?
    Palace Guard 1: As a matter of fact, they do. They might as well be. They even ousted the pope from Rome.
    Palace Guard 2: But they were nice enough to give him a place in France. Anyway, I think we have a good chance of winning.
    Palace Guard 1: I'm not so sure.
    Palace Guard 2: Why? We outnumber the Greeks by 412 men!
    Palace Guard 1: Yes, but this a legion of theirs and even if we do win... they'll just send another legion here. This makes me think they may be right in calling themselves Romans..
    Palace Guard 2: Sush, you don't want the Doge to hear that. He'll kill you.

Doge Bartolomeo: Palace Guards!

Palace Guard 1:YES, DOGE!
    Palace Guard 2 YES, DOGE!

Doge Bartolomeo: Assemble the troops!

Palace Guard 1: Your wish is our command.

Military Courtyard

General: Doge, the city's records as you ordered.

Doge Bartolomeo: Good, Good. Let me see them.

Doge Bartolomeo: Victory is ours! I'm sure of it.

General: Doge, I have good news! Councillor Benasuto is coming to our aide with 1348 men!

Doge Bartolomeo: This is God's will! All of the world will tremble at the news of our victory! We shall be remembered as heroes!

Councillor Benasuto's Camp

Councillor Benasuto: Venice shall have here greatest victory today! Those Greeks will not know what hit them. Tonight those Greeks shall dine in hell! HAHAHAHA, wo HAHAHAHA! MHWAHAHAHMHAHA! SET OUT TO FACE THOSE GREEKS! HAHAHAHAHA MHWHAHAHA!

The Walls of Venice- Nova Roman Siege Lines

Legionary: Commander! Venetians are attacking from the North! It seems like an army has come to save Venice!

Rossos Cerularius: So they wish to save their beloved city. Hmmm, however no army will stop me from taking Venice. Venice shall taste my vengence for killing my family! Show me the stats of the upcoming battle.

Legionary: Yes, sir and this is the record of our army.

Rossos Cerularius: We may be outnumbered, but victory shall be ours today! Let them taste Roman steel!

After a fierce battle, Rossos Cerularius defeated both Venetian armies. Councillor Benasuto was captured alive, but was execute when he started to " MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, HAHAHAHHA". His head was put on a pike. Doge Bartolomeo was forced to live the rest of his life in Sparta and reciting lines from a "movie" which was about a fictious super manly warriors take on an empire of she-males and god-kings. Rossos Cerularius would however spare the populace from being killed and planned the reconstruction of Venice as a Roman city. With Venice gone, all of North Italy was Roman once again. Only the city of Naples would need to be taken in order to unify all of Italy under Roman rule once again!

Last edited by emperornovaroma; August 02, 2008 at 05:09 PM.
    ONE VICTOR, ONE EMPIRE, ONE ROME,
    TOTAL WAR

Nova Roma- Rise of the New Roman Empire: A Byzantine AAR
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=171236&page=1

The Creator of the Feared NOVA ROMA LEGION

so how is it, comment on the update..please
    Last edited by emperornovaroma; August 02, 2008 at 07:56 PM.
    TOTAL WAR

Kallum's Avatar I win, you lose!
    Somewhere behind a desk, following the world from behind the save glowing screen that is my desktop

I thought you already had the whole of italy:O
    Carl von Dobeln's son
    How it all began
    Author of the Basileia ton Romaion Series book 1, 2, 3
    The work has been done, the trilogy is completed or has it?

yea, but its an official update, the other one was really a preview of sorts
    Last edited by emperornovaroma; August 03, 2008 at 01:50 PM.
    TOTAL WAR

Somewhere behind a desk, following the world from behind the save glowing screen that is my desktop

but continue I want to see more developments in the new heir affair and ofcourse the conquest of Italy
    Carl von Dobeln's son
    How it all began

How do you change unit names

i said it before in the aar, check back
    TOTAL WAR

I can't find a folder called export_units.

Emperor's Warship- Off the Coast of Cyprus-1163

Emperor John: Antioch looks like a great place to visit. Maybe I'll find a great place to party. Then after that, I think.... I'll declare war on Egypt and kick their asses into the Nile! HAHAHAHAHA! Whatever, I'm Emperor! I guess I should thank my father for giving me this Empire, but he's DEAD! HAHAHAHAHA!

Emperor's Body Guard: My Emperor, are you sure you want to go to Antioch? There is nothing to do there for you. There hasn't been war in there for years! Maybe you should go to Germany and......

Emperor John (in a drunken slur): OH, SHUT UP! I know what I'm doing. I'll leave the war to my Generals and those legionaries............ You know the best thing about my father's system is uh uh, what was it again? Oh yea, if your emperor you don't have to do..... i forgot the word. Now leave my quarters and go....do something.

Emperor's Bodyguard: Yes. my Emperor.

Emperor John: OH SHUT UP AND GO!

Emperor's Bodyguard (outside): I was the Captain of the Guard of Alexios' Body Guard once! And now I've been demoted to be this drunken loser emperor's butler! He is nothing like his father. He's an idiot! I just wish that he would die soon. I'm going to shoot something.

Emperor John: Finally he's gone. I'm sick of having to pretend to be a fool and a drunken idiot. Why do I have to do this?

????? (hidden in the shadows): It's only for a while.... Just until you are able to execute our plan. Anyway, Venice has been taken.

Emperor John: How do you know that? We're in a boat in the middle of the sea! Are you an idiot?

?????: Don't act dumb! You know fully well my abilities, I even gave you the power of "Memor.....

Emperor John: Sush, somebody might hear. Anyway, it doesn't matter. Is it in the Nile?

??????: One of it is, but there are still many scattered out of the reaches of your empire. However I believe a people from the east have the rest of it that you can't get with your empire. They are at the moment divided warring tribes, but a man will unite them and eventually they'll be a storm that will sweep all of the world aside. Your empire may even fall to them.

Emperor John: I don't care. Once the empire has served my purpose, I'll leave it to whatever, whomever, I don't care. All I'm concerned about is it.

??????: Very well, Brother. I shall leave you now and oh yes, please say hello to your son for me.

Emperor John: You mean the pool boy's son.

??????: No, I mean your son.

Emperor John: Whatever, he's no threat to me. He can't do anything to stop us, even if he knew.

??????: Is that what you think? Hmmm, it doesn't matter. Just live and fullfill your contract with me.

Emperor John: Yes..........Brother.

TO BE CONTINUED
    NEXT-THE CONQUEST OF SOUTHERN ITALY AND THE CITY OF VALENCIA
    Last edited by emperornovaroma; August 03, 2008 at 06:10 PM.
    TOTAL WAR

kingofthevikings, its in your medieval 2 total war data file its usually C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data
    TOTAL WAR

anway, how is the aar so far. i would like people to comment.
    TOTAL WAR

nice update can't wait to see what It is
    Carl von Dobeln's son
    How it all began

well, Spartacus should have one of it, and Emperor John is going to use Istvan the Mighty to get it. I wonder what will happen if Istvan finds out. and anyway why is Kallum, the only one commenting?
    TOTAL WAR

and if any history buffs have noticed any change in character compared to real life then you should say. if not, then http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_II_Komnenos, compare this John to mine
    TOTAL WAR

Quote Originally Posted by emperornovaroma View Post
    well, Spartacus should have one of it, and Emperor John is going to use Istvan the Mighty to get it. I wonder what will happen if Istvan finds out. and anyway why is Kallum, the only one commenting?
    don't you like my comments I'm just loyal to your AAR and I love to comment
    Carl von Dobeln's son
    How it all began

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Interesting! Staying tuned to see where you're going with this. Keep it up!
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallum View Post
    don't you like my comments I'm just loyal to your AAR and I love to comment
    I'm not insulting you Kallum, just wondering where the comments were. This AAR has over 3000 views and yet the only person commenting is usually you, so thanks for being fateful, but I'm just suprised on the lack of response.
    TOTAL WAR

Your aar is exelent, continue

Southern Italy- 1163
    The stage is set for the battle of Southern Italy. The Kingdom of Sicily is the last remaining Italian Faction that opposes Nova Roma. Victory for Nova Roma here means that the rest of Italy, Sicily, and the Western Mediterranean are open to expansion. Victory for Sicily means a chance for Western Europe to stop the rise of Nova Roma.......if they can.

Legion Camp

Theotokios: Hmmm, so this is the record of the present legion I have at the momement. So we have 1037 men.

Legionary: Yes, sir. They are one of the most experienced and elite soldiers in the world.

Theotokios: And those Sicilians, what of their army?

Legionary: There are 2 Sicillian armies. One led by the General Alberto with 641 men and another led by some guy named Lorezno of 601. The Sicillian armies compose mainly of knights and militia spearmen.

Theotokios: So they outnumber, have the home advantage, and manuverability advantage....

Legionary: Yes, sir. Should we fall back and wait for reinforcements from the North?

Theotokios: No, we don't need to. One legion is enough for them. After this battle, the road to Naples shall be wide open. I want you to command the horse archers and heavy cavalry to ride out into the woods and wait there until they hear the signal of "Viva Nova Roma".

Legionary: Yes, sir.

The Battle was long, but the Sicilian armies were in folly. They combined their forces into one large front and attacked the legion in a foward assault. All their soldiers were bunched up into a large mob with little manuverability. Theotokios had ordered the "Moving Fortresses" formation and slowly met the enemy forces. The charge of the Sicilian Knights did little against the wall of legion shields. When the legion formation met the front line of the Sicilian army, it starting grinding through the army. Then all the legion cried out " Viva Nova Roma" and then the end came. The Nova Roman Cavalry charged and shot arrows at the Sicilians from each side. The cavalry pressed into the sides and gave great damage to the enemy. There was no way the Sicilians could fight back and were trapped in there own army. There was only one opening left to escape and they did, grateful that they were able to escape. However, Thetokios had let them. The Sicillians had great casualties and the Nova Roman little.

Theotokios then followed the escaped men all the way to Naples. He had disguised the fact that his army was following them very carefully and when the city gates opened to let in the escaped soldiers, his men attacked and took the city in one day. Victory was sweet for Theotokios who finally fullfilled his vow to Emperor Alexios that he would take back Italy.

With Southern Italy securely in the hands of Nova Roma, an expedition force has been sent to Sicily. With a large fleet and a powerful legion, Sicily is sure to be in Nova Roman hands.....

Meanwhile...........

Bordeaux

Alexander: I told you Fernando.

Fernando: Told me what?

Alexander: That the Greeks would take Southern Italy and Valencia.

Fernando: WHAT?!! VALENCIA'S BEEN TAKEN!

Alexander: Yes, but fortunately no civilians were killed. However there is another matter. We must go to Sicily now, to the city of Palermo.

Fernando: Palermo! But if the Greeks wish to take Sicily, they would siege that place.

Alexander: Yes, but there somebody we must get first before we find him.

Fernando: I see, let's go to..........Palermo.

NOVA ROMAN EMPIRE -1168
    TOTAL WAR

Big NEWS, i downloaded and saw Cannae the Movie which i thought was great and decided that...... I SHALL CREATE MY OWN! I feel that Rome has hogged all the glory of the Total War. Look at it, Major Mods, and now a movie. I've decided that Medieval needs some glory, at least until Empire comes out. Anybody want to say anything or help me? I promise it will be done.
    TOTAL WAR