Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Creating a World - Stone Forts on the Battle Map

Default Re: The Grail of the seven Forts (How to get Stone Forts on the Battle Map)

Hi Gigantus,

farming_level 2
    famine_threat 0
    fort 210 84 ne_fort_a culture middle_eastern

I would add other bonus to my preplaced forts, its possible?
    thanks in advance

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Grail of the seven Forts (How to get Stone Forts on the Battle Map)

farming_level 2
    famine_threat 0
    These two do not have any influence afaIk, leftover from RTW. Not aware of other bonuses.

Really....
    thanks

Hey, I'm making a mod based on the Britannia Campaign where I'm extending the map into France etc and am wanting to add some forts to my new provinces. I can add as many new forts as I want to any of the provinces from the original map but forts will only place on the first 5 provinces that I made. Any suggestions?

Blog Entries

That should not be the case - I am not aware of a limit (other than physical space) to the forts. Please note that there has to be an area around the fort that may not contain resources, settlements or landbridges.

I actually worked it out, it turns out I had a typo in the entry of the 6th province which invalidated it any everything after it. Took me a long time to notice that

Thanks for the suggestion anyway, your tutorials have been damn helpful in making this map.

Blog Entries

Try using Geomod, that way you could avoid errors like that. Please note: the tool is not for beginners, back ups are essential!

That looks really useful actually, pity I've already pretty much finished the map.

I think using gimp works well if you put all the files (map_ground_types, map_heights etc) in one big file and edit them all at the same time. By having them all as different layers overlayed you can get a much better idea of how they fit together.

Blog Entries

I use Gimp for the basic lay out of the map (in layer mode as you pointed out), the fine stuff and proper placements I do with Geomod. Especially the normal descr_strat and descr_regions work.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    I see. It would be great to have more than two ME forts... and reasonably placed.
    My tutorial might be helpful on that score...

Blog Entries

Nice work, lots of details.

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by gigantus View Post
    1. Copy these files from mods\crusades\data into mods\mymod\data: descr_campaign_db.xml, packagedb.txt and packageglobalconfig.txt......
    This must be a really nooby question, I guess I'm having trouble unpacking...
    AFAICT the unpacker tool is only working on the data contents in my main game. These files you indicate aren't in my mods data folders. I am using Gold.

Blog Entries

There should be an unpacker for each campaign as well.

Else use my modified batch files, they unpack into c:\unpack - not the game directories.

There should be an unpacker for each campaign as well.

Else use my modified batch files, they unpack into c:\unpack - not the game directories.
    Thanks.
    If you mean that I should find a folder at c:\unpack, I'm not seeing it when I run the modded batch files either. Incidentaly, I do get the unpacker prompt when I open the mod packs, and a brief spooling, I just dont see any content evident afterwards in the data files.

Blog Entries

The spooling should be for quite a while, and yes, you should find the unpacked file in C:\unpack

It could be a case of working with vista or windows7. Then I would suggest you read this thread: Total war and Vista

The spooling should be for quite a while, and yes, you should find the unpacked file in C:\unpack

It could be a case of working with vista or windows7. Then I would suggest you read this thread: Total war and Vista
    Hmmmm.. Mine 'could' be a Windows7 issue, but it'd be the only one so far. That thread is interesting, but I can't readilly find the relevant Windows7 topic within.

Blog Entries

Where the modding is concerned, windows7 behaves the way as vista. "Virtual store" and related issues is the key.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Default Re: Creating a World - Stone Forts on the Battle Map

When I open the batch file, it keeps asking me alot of questions, should I say yes to all? Sorry if I am asking a question with an obvious anwer.

Quote Originally Posted by swordofjanak View Post
    When I open the batch file, it keeps asking me alot of questions, should I say yes to all? Sorry if I am asking a question with an obvious anwer.
    I'm not sure what u are talking about but if u are talking about the unpacker then yes u have to press y 3 times or simply give him yyy.

i only have one concern about this "letting the player build their own stone forts" wouldn't the AI be able to build them too? and doesn't that mean they might start spamming them here and there like watch towers?