Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Creating a World - Stone Forts on the Battle Map

Polpolgio's Avatar Miles

Default Re: The Grail of the seven Forts (How to get Stone Forts on the Battle Map)

Thank you very much for the tool, Gigantus, I will try to add some forts to my campaign mod, but in any case, can I tell you any doubts about using the tool in this same topic?

Greets;

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Grail of the seven Forts (How to get Stone Forts on the Battle Map)

Any queries, questions, suggestions with regards to this matter are welcome.

Warmour's Avatar Foederatus

Gigantus perfect, thank you very much to resolve our doubts. We will be very helpful

wolfslayer's Avatar Senator

Here's the .worldpkgdesc file from the buildable HRE fort I made from one of the British Isle forts.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...95#post3025295

Every entry must be proceeded 3 hex spaces by the exact hex value of the following text entry. You can see here "07" is the hex value for the number of characters in "culture". "hre" is proceeded by "03", etc..

Online hex/decimal conversion http://www.easycalculation.com/decimal-converter.php

Each faction fort or any fort/settlement (plus most of all the battlemap models) can have 4 different texture variations in the blockset/textures folder

/data/blockset/textures
    /faction_variations
    /hre <---default textures
    /winter
    <---winter textures
    /variations
    /middle_eastern <----subfolder(s) in /variations
    /south_european

I only included the default and winter skins in this version of the HRE fort.
    You can download and check out the file structure for an example.

The
    knightly_order_fort_a in original Kingdoms- Crusades has defective plaza placement , making it pretty much unusable, but the patched kingdoms version is usable, with just a few minor pathfinding bugs in the plaza (doorway leading up to the wall).

Here's some examples I was working on before the Kingdoms patch, but haven't released some of these yet.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...59#post2788659

The patched Crusades stone_fort_a is the same model on a smaller hill, so there are 2 usable forts here if you have the original and rename them.

You can make preplaced forts out of any settlement model, even a village, with the "fortificationlevel" in .worldpkgdesc indicating what kind of siege gear is needed to attack it ( and to tell the AI what to build):

(note : this section needs confirming, my files show "none" as the value for no wall, and 0 for wooden pallisade)

none = no wall or siege gear needed (village)
    0 = pallisade (stock wooden fort) - rams
    1 = wooden wall (stone_keep) - rams/small towers/small ladders
    2 = ? (large_town or level 1 city?)
    3 = castles - rams/large towers/ large ladders
    4 = huge city only? (I've never made a fort from one) - rams / huge siege towers

Buildable forts should always use the "variant....wooden_fort" in .worldpkgdesc

Preplaced forts should always repeat the the name of the fort.

Example for stone_fort_z : "variant....stone_fort_z"

Another example:

You could take my Kwarezm fort (me_castle with modified pathfinding) and hex edit the faction from "07...kwarezm" and change it to "03...any" and it would become the default buildable fort for all factions that are middle_eastern culture.

You HAVE to have packagedb.txt in the data folder of the mod you are using custom forts/settlements in.

This file makes the game check all the .worldpkgdesc files when you start the game and verifies they are legit. Any errors in the hex values = CTD.

This file also forces the game to recognise and use settlements in the mod folder, otherwise it may default to vanilla models; it runs once on game start and keeps the mod settlement path in memory the entire time you have the game running..

WS

Last edited by wolfslayer; December 29, 2008 at 10:56 PM.

Viewing and editing MTW2 textures with MWthumb and DXTbmp

Polpolgio's Avatar Miles

Gigantus, I tried your aportation and very useful, but can we put name to the forts? Like if they were normal settlements but without region.

Thank you;

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Polpolgio View Post
    Gigantus, I tried your aportation and very useful, but can we put name to the forts? Like if they were normal settlements but without region.

Thank you;
    That is unfortunately not possible. The guys at Dominion of the Sword have been working on a workaround though.

Polpolgio's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by gigantus View Post
    That is unfortunately not possible. The guys at Dominion of the Sword have been working on a workaround though.
    Ok thank you, it would have been great, but if it is not possible, we can't do anything.

Gigantus you are!

Polpolgio's Avatar Miles

Gigantus, I found a problem with the forts: they annul completely the campaign's script, so any script works correctly, do you have a solution for that?

Thank you;

Blog Entries

If they cancel the script, then something is wrong with your fort entries. check for spelling, correct regions etc. Best to do a small number of fort entries at a time.

Polpolgio's Avatar Miles

Uhm, I don't know how find the error, my entries are so simple like this:

Code:
    region Condado_Girona

farming_level 0
    famine_threat 0
    fort     247 142 stone_fort_a culture northern_european
    And I'm adding them one by one.

Blog Entries

Apart from the numerical value for farming and famine I don't see any problem. Is there anything in the log?

Do the diplomatic relations show up (at war with slaves) in game?

Polpolgio's Avatar Miles

I think all the factions are in war with the slaves, but how can it affect to the game?

I will give you my game log by private, I hope you can see the error.

Thank you;

Blog Entries

The factions standings (diplomacy) are processed just before the fort entries. If these standings are shown in the game, then everything in descr_strat until that point are correct and the fault will lie after those entries.

Polpolgio's Avatar Miles

Ok, that was the problem. I already solved it, thank you very much. Good tutorial, I would give you +rep.

Blog Entries

One is glad to be of service

Warmour's Avatar Foederatus

Gigantus always helping. Thank you very much

Default Hi Auther. How can I adopt stone fort for southern & eastern europe?

Hi Auther. How can I adopt stone fort for southern & eastern europe?

I did set-up stone fort.exe and fixfile as your instruction so I changed Middle eastern and Nothern europe on Vanilla. (ex.Turks, England)

but as you see, southern & eastern europe region's fort is still wooden on Vanilla in Grand Campaign. (ex.Byzantine, Venice)

and On custom battle, culture menu has changed ; 'Southern European' was gone.

How can I add stone fort for SE faction with it?

※Summury : In Grand Campaign, Middle Eastern and Northern Region's Fort Battle is Success but Southrn & Eastern Europe is not-Adoptable. and On custom Map, 'Culture Selection' was changed.

plaeae reply or e-mail me.
    (phdzz@hotmail.com)

Blog Entries

8. Open mods\mymods\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat.txt with Notepad. Scroll all the way to the bottom. Enter your fort like this (Just before the 'script' entry at the bottom):

region Region_Name
    farming_level 4
    famine_threat 1
    ;fort 68 103 me_fort_a culture middle_eastern
    ;fort 68 103 me_fort_a culture middle_eastern
    ;fort 68 103 stone_fort_a culture northern_european
    ;fort 68 103 stone_fort_b culture northern_european
    ;fort 68 103 stone_fort_c culture northern_european
    ;fort 68 103 stone_fort_d culture northern_european
    fort 68 103 knightly_order_fort_b culture northern_european

;watchtower 66 27

The Region_Name entry represents the region the fort is placed in. The numerical values are the x and y co-ordinates of your fort. These HAVE to be in this region, otherwise you will get a CTM (Crash To Menu).
    The fort entries can alternatively be activated\deactivated by removing\adding a semi colon in front of the line. This is also the place where to place watch towers.
    I don't see any southern_european or eastern_europe written there. The above entries are the only ones I know that work. Surely yu can use one of those seven? Or at least five that look European?

Default It has still wooden fort on south & east or get CTM

I added southern_european & eastern_european at descr_strat.txt but It still no change SE & EE Faction's fort or get CTM

I don't know what's problem.:hmmm:

I'll show my Stone_Fort folder's screenshot including file list.
    Here is Screeshot. please click these links and tell me how to solve it.

<Blockset Folder>
    http://pds11.egloos.com/pds/200902/2...39f08d59ea.jpg

<Settlement Folder & Text File>
    http://pds11.egloos.com/pds/200902/2...39f3e6cdfe.jpg

※P.S : All of south_euopean Folders are from each north_european folders so, All files are same as each north_european folder

※Summury : Southern & Eastern Europe's Fort is still wooden fort or get CTM.
    Please check my Stonefort's file on screenshot Link