Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Creating a World - Stone Forts on the Battle Map

Default Re: The Grail of the seven Forts (How to get Stone Forts on the Battle Map)

Quote Originally Posted by gigantus View Post
    I am referring to the latest Kingdoms patch that was supposed to fix the crusades stone forts. The fix by zxiang1983 works.
    Why don't you go ahead and try it on a mod you got? Don't see why it shouldn't work: placed forts and buildable forts.
    ohh, yes, I think that zxiang1983 fix together with the fix by the patch will make it work!
    I would try it on my mod, but I'm not a good coder and scripter, so I wouldn't know how...
    Last edited by CaesarBR; June 27, 2008 at 02:45 PM.

Default Re: The Grail of the seven Forts (How to get Stone Forts on the Battle Map)

Well the mismatch between preplaced and in-game placed forts I was talking about is/was happening after applying zxiang1983 fix. If you read his thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ght=zxiang1983 he seems to run into the same problem as I did, mentioned in post #23.

Under the benevolent guidance of jimkatalanos

Quote Originally Posted by Furin View Post
    Well the mismatch between preplaced and in-game placed forts I was talking about is/was happening after applying zxiang1983 fix. If you read his thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ght=zxiang1983 he seems to run into the same problem as I did, mentioned in post #23.
    !!! So it comes to having to choose between pre placed or buildable anyway??

From my current state of knowledge, yes. At least that were the results of my tests with the different campaigns and the DLV mod. If you can find a way to have both at the same time please let me know.

Under the benevolent guidance of jimkatalanos

Quote Originally Posted by Furin View Post
    From my current state of knowledge, yes. At least that were the results of my tests with the different campaigns and the DLV mod. If you can find a way to have both at the same time please let me know.
    ok...

Worked perfectly. Excellent.

One question: Is there anyway to alter the appearance of the forts on the campaign map? Like those on the Britannia Campaign.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

The display alters with the type of fort that you place. I think there are two display types - ME and NE

Done it. Just had to copy and paste the settlements, model_strat and blockset folders from Crusades and I've got a decent looking fort on the campaign map.
    Last edited by Emperor Basil; July 17, 2008 at 05:57 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Basil View Post
    Done it. Just had to copy and paste the settlements, model_strat and blockset folders from Crusades and I've got a decent looking fort on the campaign map.
    That is curious, did you use my installer? These are the copy commands there:
    Code:
    xcopy mods\crusades\data\blockset mods\Stone_Forts\data\blockset /e /y /I /s
    xcopy mods\crusades\data\models_strat\residences mods\Stone_Forts\data\models_strat\residences /e /y /I /s
    xcopy mods\crusades\data\settlements mods\Stone_Forts\data\settlements /e /y /I /s
    xcopy mods\british_isles\data\blockset mods\Stone_Forts\data\blockset /e /y /I /s
    xcopy mods\british_isles\data\models_strat\residences mods\Stone_Forts\data\models_strat\residences /e /y /I /s
    xcopy mods\british_isles\data\settlements mods\Stone_Forts\data\settlements /e /y /I /s
    And this was in the tutorial:
    Code:
    3. Copy the complete (including subdirectories) mods\crusades\data\blockset directory into mods\mymod\data
    4. Copy the complete (including subdirectories) mods\crusades\data\models_strat\residences directory into mods\mymod\data\models_strat
    5. Copy the complete (including subdirectories) mods\crusades\data\settlements directory into mods\mymod\data
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 17, 2008 at 10:11 PM.

Yeah I did use the installer but they didn't copy those files. The forts just appeared like the temporary wooden forts on vanilla.
    Last edited by Emperor Basil; July 18, 2008 at 06:45 AM.

Blog Entries

Did you unpack the campaigns with the installer? If not, than nothing got copied over, the batch file will exit if you exit the unpacking.

If you have already unpacked the campaigns then simply delete these lines in the batchfile:

Code:
    cd ..\..
    rem --- Unpacking Crusades and British Isles ---
    cd tools\unpacker
    unpack_crusades.bat
    unpack_britannia.bat
    Save and run\double click the batchfile again

I'd already unpacked the campaigns so that was probably it. All works fine now though.

Blog Entries

Good to hear, have fun storming the forts!

This is a valuable coding resource. Good stuff and thanks.

Blog Entries

One is glad to be of service

can these forts be used in m2tw, or does the retro fit take care of that

Blog Entries

The files are 'Kingdoms' based, so I don't think so. I don't know if 'Retrofit' is based on 'Kingdoms', if so, then there shouldn't be a problem.

Errabundi's Avatar Miles

Very good. Very useful. THX
    So finally I bought Total War: Rome 2. Regarding I payed 7.5$ for it, it's not a bad game at all!

@gigantus
    Is this enrty I pulled from the NE Knightly fort correct?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

serialization::archive  knightly_order_fort_b
    settlement ` Settlements/North_European/ambient_settlements/knightly_order_fort_b/knightly_order_fort_b.world   culture northern_european environment generic faction any fortificationlevel 3 type default_fort variant wooden_fort

PS. I'm using the Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod as a base, so I just wanted to check.

Blog Entries

If you want to check, simply download the corrected files from zxiang1983 and add them into your mod. It should be two files, one for the knightly fort and one for the ME forts.
    I didn't go much into the actual files, just had a look what he changed and if I remember it was "type stone_fort" instead of "type default_fort". There are several 'world' files for each fort and I think it was actually the smallest. But zxiang1983 provides details.