Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: KGCM Patch 4.2 + KGCM Patch 4.3 Download Thread

Default Re: KGCM Patch 4.0 (updated 29/04/09)

I also thought you reverted inquisitors back to their original intent. I think that is a noticable change as well, as it will deffinately affect any campaigns you start.

Uh Oh, looks like you didn't or forgot to change inquisitors back. I fixed this file and included for optional submod.
    Last edited by FortressofRain; May 01, 2009 at 02:42 AM.

Uh Oh, looks like you didn't or forgot to change inquisitors back. I fixed this file and included for optional submod.
    Okay with me, if I update the mod again in the future I will add the change to inquisitors then.

Dave

Just an idea, but I feel it might be better to just leave the inquisitor change as a submod but idk. Its up to your discretion really.

I just updated to 4.0 from 3.7 and noticed that the Brindisi settlement in Sicily is gone. Was it removed from the mod or is there an error in my files? Great mod by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by 73Byzantine73 View Post
    I just updated to 4.0 from 3.7 and noticed that the Brindisi settlement in Sicily is gone. Was it removed from the mod or is there an error in my files? Great mod by the way.
    Brindisi was removed because Sicily were a bit too strong at the start previously. The two Kingdoms of Sicily now have two regions each Naples, Bari, and Palermo, Syracuse. Don't forget I added Malta a few patches ago giving them an extra region to grab early on. Venice I felt should also start off smaller so they no longer control Ancona from the start. Making Ancona rebel works well because it gives both factions an equal opportunity to take this very strategical castle. Although it often ends up in venetian hands eventually I have seen Sicily take it over.

Dave

Guys, this looks great!
    Last edited by Iceclaw; May 13, 2009 at 08:04 PM.

Well guess what? the next planned update for KGCM has just got a tad bigger. Playable Aztecs from the start, and yes before anyone asks, you can now sail too and from the americas anytime you want. Coming soon...

Dave

Devil_Dog's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Scarface View Post
    Well guess what? the next planned update for KGCM has just got a tad bigger. Playable Aztecs from the start, and yes before anyone asks, you can now sail too and from the americas anytime you want. Coming soon...

Dave
    Sweet. Can't wait

MiiKLL's Avatar Semisalis

Darn you Dave.....

Everytime I think I will be able to break my addiction to this mod...you go and do something like this.
    As usual looking forward to the new update....

"Nothing is more destructive than the charge of artillery on a crowd."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

@MiiKLL,

Even I don't know what I'm going to do next. Only my subconscious mind knows muwhahaha

@Devil_Dog,

Sorry but you definately don't win the most handsome avatar contest dude

Dave

Devil_Dog's Avatar Libertus

haha You're the second person to say that.I would also like to point out that my avatar is in no way a representation of me.

Default Re: KGCM Patch 4.0 (grab your monthly supply here!)

Greetings Dave,

I just thought I would drop in, say g'day & really enjoy your work!

I was interested in MTW2, but didn't want to start at vanilla -- can I say that?
    I waited to buy MTW2 until there were some decent mods to make the game fantastic, then I went & bought it
    Ok, so I raved about it and 2 friends and my brother bought it to play Grand Kingdoms.

Suffice to say that I wouldn't have bought it if XBAI / GC didn't exist -- a big shout for Grand Kingdoms! Sure, there are some other interesting looking mods around...but it would take a lot to shift me from GC.
    The XAI 3.4 (to come) & GC are just so replayable -- can I win with just Ireland? What about Spain / Portugal? And the Teutonic order? Will Lithuania need to convert? Can HRE stand? The Mongols...can I repeat what they did?

Now playable Aztecs...can they conquer Europe? That is a question worth trying!

So many questions, so little time...well, got the rest of my life haven't I?

I was so impressed with the GC / XBAI combo that I went & bought another copy for my brother-in-law.
    So now on lazy Sunday afternoons we kick back with a good single malt (or a guiness - depends on the weather) and play Scotland & Ireland against the world...as it should be!

Many Thanks Dave,
    Cheers,
    Derf.

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That's in interesting development Dave. Good to see you still improving this mod.

From what I can gather, your updated KGC~4.1 will include XAI 3.4?

Are you looking for any play testing?

Any proposed testing requests?
    What reports/comments would you like to see?
    Any specifics you want tried or things looked at?

cheers,
    Derf

Quote Originally Posted by Derfele View Post
    From what I can gather, your updated KGC~4.1 will include XAI 3.4?

Are you looking for any play testing?

Any proposed testing requests?
    What reports/comments would you like to see?
    Any specifics you want tried or things looked at?

cheers,
    Derf
    XAI 3.4 will be a seperate download it will not be part of patch 4.1. The testing of the new update has been carried out by me for the last few days. The new changes have now been perfected and are ready. Release date moved forward to 24/5/09. The conversion of XAI 3.4 is not completed yet and will now be released 1 week later.

regards,
    Dave

Thanks Dave for the clarification.

Does that mean the idea is XAI will go seamlessly into KCG 4.1?
    I imagine the XBAI component will mostly.

What about the XCAI component? Would KGC 4.1 need to be modded to contain XCAI?
    If so, are there any plans afoot to do so?

Cheers,
    Derf

As I already said, XAI 3.4 will be released as a submod and will be fully compatiable with my next update. I am doing the conversion myself with all my latest changes and it will include both the new XCAI and XBAI.

Beta report

Looking forward to releasing the new KGCM update tommorow, thats if I can pull myself away from my Portugal campaign. I wanted to test invading the americas as the portugese.. But instead I took a thumping from the Moors. I just barely held onto Badajoz with a draw and almost lost Lisbon in the same turn 30 turns in and I finally managed to build Ballista towers at Lisbon and my first drill square elsewhere. Hopefully I can now start to turn the corner. Already discovered the new world and sent some priests and merchants over their. But I am in no position to go over and say hello to the indians just yet.. Should be a blast when I eventually get to go. Will report more later.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; May 23, 2009 at 07:31 AM.

Excellent i look forward to being bullied by an even more potent AI on both the campaign and battle front your the king dave LONG LIVE THE KING

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Thanks Dave for the clarification. I had missed it or not understood somewhere along the line.
    I had just finished reading how to incorporate XAI_3.4 into a mod and to the inexperienced (ie: me) at least, it looks very complex...

My apologies -I thought by your above post that since KGC_4.1 was being released before XAI_3.4 then KGC_4.1 would need later work for compatibility.
    I don't want to be a pest

Portugal sounds like fun, good to hear you are enjoying your mod.
    Appreciate the effort you make and allow us to enjoy

Cheers,
    Derf

Henry of Grosmont's Avatar Clockwork Angel

As I already said, XAI 3.4 will be released as a submod and will be fully compatiable with my next update. I am doing the conversion myself with all my latest changes and it will include both the new XCAI and XBAI.
    Yeah, baby.

Beta report

Looking forward to releasing the new KGCM update tommorow, thats if I can pull myself away from my Portugal campaign. I wanted to test invading the americas as the portugese.. But instead I took a thumping from the Moors. I just barely held onto Badajoz with a draw and almost lost Lisbon in the same turn 30 turns in and I finally managed to build Ballista towers at Lisbon and my first drill square elsewhere. Hopefully I can now start to turn the corner. Already discovered the new world and sent some priests and merchants over their. But I am in no position to go over and say hello to the indians just yet.. Should be a blast when I eventually get to go. Will report more later.

Dave
    You can discover America in 30 turns? Really?

Anyway, I have to confess. I tried several other mods AND vanilla lately (just for the sake of it) and gotta tell ya:
    There is no better mod than KGCM.
    It is superior in every aspect I can think of: balancing, economy (nothing super hard but it will cripple you if you misspend your money), etc. And one of them (very appealing to me) is that vanilla feeling I like so much. Dave for president.