Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: KGCM Patch 4.2 + KGCM Patch 4.3 Download Thread

Default Re: KGCM Patch 4.1 (Hotfix released 11/06/09)

Cool. Just downloaded 4.1. Will try it out soon, and hopefully be able to get back to work modding and providing feedback. I'm excited to get back to playing total war again.

I might as well go ahead and post the latest XAI 3.4 files for KGCM 4.1 here. There is no point in us keeping these files hidden away when we could be getting valuable feedback on this conversion.

Note that this is not the final released version and has not yet been approved by xeryx.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; July 20, 2009 at 06:33 PM.

Oh Yeah!

i already tested them i mention once before i tried them and well my first comment is the pope agression he took over all of italy i also experienced a couple of crashes on turn ends only 3 in 276 turns though so it wasnt a huge fault.

But i have greatly enjoyed the BAI included in this probably the best i have played against for anyone who hasnt converted to 3.4BAI
    Last edited by Soul Firez; July 21, 2009 at 12:56 AM.

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

BAI is great. As I mentioned in the XAI forums, I saw the Pope going insane and trying to take over Italy. Overall though, the CAI is much improved. I am seeing smarter diplomacy and better attacks with small stacks merging into larger ones all the time. The only real fault with this CAI is that the Pope is too aggressive.

Sweet.

Thanks guys, there is a new thread here for discussing XAI 3.4.

Now back on topic please. Only feedback on KGCM 4.1 in this thread

Dave

Nice mod. I would like to see Lithuania and TO map colors changed considering their neighbors colors are basically the same. Also,not sure if this is easy or complicated but....what makes Stainless Steel alot of fun to play is becuase of the different campaigns. Is it possible to create a early campaign with alot more rebel settlements? Best diplomacy and battle ai by far though with 3.4 being released. Hopefully this is the right posting section. One mopre thing I am not a fan of the Aztecs....kinda boring.

-Secondary fire back in for elite archers only.
    Didn't think I'd ever see the day... *giggles* althought now I don't know how I feel about it. Just installed 4.1 and wills start diving into the files tonight. *wonders what we'll find*.

Quote Originally Posted by FortressofRain View Post
    Didn't think I'd ever see the day... *giggles* althought now I don't know how I feel about it. Just installed 4.1 and wills start diving into the files tonight. *wonders what we'll find*.
    Most garrison scripts now have archers with the flame arrows ability so watch you don't get burned

Nice mod. I would like to see Lithuania and TO map colors changed considering their neighbors colors are basically the same. Also,not sure if this is easy or complicated but....what makes Stainless Steel alot of fun to play is becuase of the different campaigns. Is it possible to create a early campaign with alot more rebel settlements? Best diplomacy and battle ai by far though with 3.4 being released. Hopefully this is the right posting section. One mopre thing I am not a fan of the Aztecs....kinda boring.
    Adding alternative custom campaigns is an idea I have already thought on. In particular I think a late era campaign would be extremely good. Because it would give people the opportunity to jump straight into the age of gun powder. I'm not so interested in an early era campaign but it could be done. Maybe if someone would like to have a go at it I would add it to KGCM 4.2 if its done well. But I have no passion for it like I said, and working on two custom campaigns would be too big a job. As for the Aztecs whether you think they are a good faction to play as or not. The Aztecs are a lot of fun to invade. Opening up the americas to be discovered early on really gives the campaign a greater feel when you are playing as someone like Spain or Portugal.

thanks,
    Dave

Opening up the Americas to be discovered early on really gives the campaign a greater feel when you are playing as someone like Spain or Portugal.
    Indeed. I'm excited to try out the new patch. This feature in particular should drastically change the dynamics of the campaign and expansion, such as kicking the Spanish out of Iberia only to find that they are thriving in the Americas, just when you thought you'd eliminated them.

I do however have a thought relating to opening up the Americas. It seems to me that you have outright opened them up to any type of ship. I was wondering why you decided on this route, as my first thought would be to keep the deep ocean and limit crossing to the Carraks, or whatever boat it is, but instead of making the Carracks linked to an event in order for them to be recruitable, why not just place them at the highest level port. Thus, big city = big docks = big boats that can cross the Atlantic. Or even find another way to make it so that certain other boats, like the viking dragon boats for example, are able to cross deep ocean (which is historically accurate - and would be a cool advantage for the Norwegian faction of being able to build a boat that crosses the ocean before any other faction could). J/w.
    Last edited by FortressofRain; July 23, 2009 at 05:51 PM.

Unfortunately the AI refuses to cross over at all , even with these easy requirements. If we make it even harder, it might not be worth it at all.

The patch is working great thank you guys i was just wondering.... my favorite faction is Jerusalem but they only have one good heavy infantry is it possible to make canons of holy sepulcher playable for jerusalem and if it is, how can i do it. i need good instructions otherwise i cant do it

thanks again for the great mod

It is possible yes may unbalance things a little but if you really wish it send me a PM and ill reply with how to do it

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Rhythalion's Avatar Libertus

One thing I find really neat with some other mods is variation in the Merc pools, such as new units becoming available after certain dates. So after a certain date, a new type of knight or infantry is available for recruitment etc.

This would really add to the factions unit recruitment, as with the construction of certain buildings only certain units can be made, but the recruitment option could be extended via the Mercs with some unique types.
    Team Member of LOTR:TW, Beta Tester for some others

Koljan's Avatar Senator

@ whomever this may concern -
    M2TW as well as KGCM work perfectly fine on Windows 7 RC.
    The installation process is absolutely identical to WinXP and the game runs smoother then ever.

Koljan's Avatar Senator

Dave,

I find that after the recruitment availability cutback for KoJ i never see them survive to late era.
    in fact, i have not managed to win a campaign with them since that change, as the Egyptians are simply too many and European crusaders very rarely arrive to help even when a crusade is called.
    I keep finding myself in the weird situation where i have plenty of money, and simply no men left to recruit.

For my personal use, could you please post what is the change you have done and how could one revert it or further modify this factor?

Quote Originally Posted by Koljan View Post
    Dave,

I find that after the recruitment availability cutback for KoJ i never see them survive to late era.
    in fact, i have not managed to win a campaign with them since that change, as the Egyptians are simply too many and European crusaders very rarely arrive to help even when a crusade is called.
    I keep finding myself in the weird situation where i have plenty of money, and simply no men left to recruit.

For my personal use, could you please post what is the change you have done and how could one revert it or further modify this factor?
    Maybe I made the unit recruitment a little too extreme for the Crusaders, I will look at this again for the coming 4.2 update. In the meantime open the kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data\export_descr_buildings.txt and increase the replenishment pool rates for jerusalem units. Example for Dismounted Knights Of Jerusalem" 1 0.34 2 0 you would change these numbers to 1 0.4 3 0.

Dave

Koljan's Avatar Senator

Thanks, hope i remember to make a back, otherwise hotseat goes kaput!

emotion_name's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Well i have recently started playing Kingdoms, and original M2TW, and after usual Campaigns and Multiplayer i stumbled upon Hotseat!

I loved Kingdoms Hotseat coz i could be my Native Wales, although the Campaign Map was small!

I love my current M2TW Hotseat coz of the huge campaign map, although i had to settle for HRE coz no Wales!

This mod caught my eye, i just have a few questions!

1. Is Hotseat Mode included on this mod? If not is it as simple to unlock as it is on M2TW?

2. Do i need to have M2TW AND Kingdoms installed before downloading this mod?

3. Is it a mod-foldered mod?

4. Where do i put the files when i download them?

Sorry if these seem simple questions, but im a tech idiot!