Thread: You are NOT my king!

Icon10 You are NOT my king!

The trait line and scripts for rebellions against the current kind are great, I love the bit about "not getting on any boats, my lord!"

Anyway, I'm currently playing a HRE campaign and having a blast. Despite my emperor starting out with Offends the Nobles, and Inspires Civil War, which led to all of my generals picking a side, I've managed to expend in central Europe by picking on excommunicated factions. I conquered much of France and Genoa and actually have gained reputation up to "Very Reliable" and nearly max Pope faction points. (Instigating a land-grab, I mean a crusade against Paris helped)

Anyway, I was wondering if the emperor of HRE, Heinrich, always starts out as offending the nobles. I actually had families split apart and my faction heir actually rebel. Some guys got traits like "Family was traitorous" and "kingmaker". One quirk though, was that a guy was in rebel mode and hadn't yet turned into a brigand, and by some crazy luck became faction heir right before my current king died. So for one turn, the king was a rebel!

Default Re: You are NOT my king!

XD thats the best story i have heard in a while

+rep
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

strategygamer
    In real life, the HRE emperors who start the campaigns did have a lot of trouble with rebellion and the pope (one being called the anti-christ himself) sothtas why they were given the trait, eevn though some players cannot cope with such. Howver the Ai is having some trouble as well, so in later versions of SS may just limit reality to the player, rather than Ai. Nice yo know you perservered and prospered.

To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.
    Paul Ehrlich

Cool, it certainly makes the domestic strategy for my empire much more interesting. I was lucky to have noticed early on the negative traits some of my generals were acquiring because of the civil war that was brewing. I kept an eye on them and got them out of their settlements as soon as they got nasty. The tough part was getting them to water so I could send them out on a little "3 hour tour", ala gilligan's island. When they hit Rebel mode, they only move one space per turn.

Typically when I play, I strive to maintain a clear lineage from my dynasty founder, just because I enjoy role-playing that part of the game. This game with HRE however, I had to throw that idea out right away. After half of my generals turned rebellious, I had to adopt new ones to fill my ranks, but soon, some of them began to rebel also. At one point, I had 4 rebel generals making a slow march to the coast.

The aftermath is that my family tree is littered with scoundrels and lazy bums. The Houenstaffen line still persists, but it will probably take several more generations of "sailing accidents" before I can return them to the crown.

Quixote's Avatar Tiro

It is difficult in the beginning as I found out when I picked the HRE as my first 6.0 faction. I saved the game and sent the king on a suicide mission which fixed the problem but when I went back to the save to play it out later it was fabulous!! The hardest beginning I have had even though the initial rebel land grab is prodigous for HRE.
    One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world was better for this.
    -Don Quixote

Haha, I like how you are role-playing and continuing on with the campaign and not quitting. Good story.

Waffen9999's Avatar Tiro

I've had the same problem and I agree on keeping the line straight. I was wondering if there was a way to avoid it as it was just happening to everyone.

Babagitta's Avatar Campidoctor

Yes, I had the same situation with the Templars and I never saw that again.
    I had 4 rebels Generals (including Heir). After 10 or 15 turns everything was normal again and I'm not sure why.

Usually, it happens in the first campaign.

Heaven has a charismatic Writer now

the HRE prince will rebel(almost every time) so put him in a city. Then he will stay loyal and eventualy become the emperor.
    Time heals every wounds. So pick you battles wisly, or else the wounds will not heal.

Nevermind I'm slow today.

Edit:
    Last edited by Lushang; June 05, 2008 at 05:22 PM.