Page 6 of 81 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: Technical support thread (Version 4.2 & 4.3)

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Default Re: Bug reports for the Teutonic update (22/05/08)

@dave,

I found a couple more minor bugs.

1. The sugar resource in Granada region is unaccessible. (x=131,y=131)
    2. While on a "Spread the Word..." mission from the Pope, I was given a target region of Fez_Region (as opposed to Fez). I noticed in the ...\data\txt\imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt file:

{Marrakesh_Province}Marrakesh Region (this is typical of all other provinces)
    {Fez_Province}Fez_Region (should the underbar be a space?)
    {Sijilmasa_Province}Sijilmasa_Region (same here?)
    {Isle_of_Cyprus}Isle of Cyprus
    {Isle_of_Cyprus2}Famagusta Region

Thanks Stylix no matter how small the bugs keep reporting them. Btw I now have every single bug reported in this forum fixed! All going well patch 3.2 should be ready to go next weekend.

Dave

Congratulations and thank you on the bug fixes. The timing of the next patch will be perfect for me, it will give me time to finish my current campaign. Will continue to report on any bugs I find, but of course hope not to find many.

@dave,

I just noticed that there is no road between the port of Cordoba and the City of Cordoba. That is the only place I can remember seeing no road between a port and it's city/castle. Will this cause trade issues?

I have some trouble with the movement rate.

In my campaign it takes me five turns to get from northest england to the south, movement on land is very limited.
    On the sea it isn't so, so here i smy question:

Is this a feature? If yes then why?

@XSamatan,

I just double checked incase I made a mistake with patch 3.1, but there is no difference in the map movement rate between version 3.0 and patch 3.1. IMO the current movement rates are fine as they are. If I were to increase them much further it might seriously unbalance the mod.

Higher movement points for armies would mean much more siege battles However if you still want you can mod this in the mods descr_character.txt found in the SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data folder.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    @dave,

I just noticed that there is no road between the port of Cordoba and the City of Cordoba. That is the only place I can remember seeing no road between a port and it's city/castle. Will this cause trade issues?
    I don't know if you have addressed this yet (or are even planning to) but I played around with the map a little and came up with this solution for the above mentioned problem. Notice the amount of trade generated.

thanks dave!!

I have some other mods installed, and I was a little confused if they could interfere.

XSamatan

Koljan's Avatar Senator

Hi Dave!

First of all - Respect.
    you have done an amazing one-man-modder-army job here and deserve the greatest of respects from this community, in my humble opinion.

The one thing that bothered me in the mod though, is extremely long time for changing turns. Naturally, it takes longer because there are so many more factions, however, it seems that the time it takes per faction is the disturbing factor here.

I don't know if this is a problem that is unique to my setup, or a known (or semi-known) issue? I've tried searching and didn't come up with much.

My system has a known hardware bottleneck that could be the problem, however, everything else runs smooth so at this point hardware isn't a very viable suspect.

A friend pointed out a possible sort-of "consistency" for the issue - it seems if you are zoomed in on the campaign map it takes even longer. I didn't notice much diffrence. it was just as slow, imho.

Just in case, here are my system specs:

AMD Athlon64 X2 3600+ (yes, old.)
    2 x 512 Corsair Dims
    GeForce 8800GT (albatron)
    on an M2N plus vista edition Asus mobo.

Thanks again for this great mod.
    Fullfilled a dreamf or me

Koljan's Avatar Senator

P.S.
    I do QA for a game development studio and will gladly QA stuff for you if you have such needs, in any form or way.

nbeltov2@gmail.com
    gundabad5@hotmail < messenger

@Koljan,

First off thank you for the kind words the long turns are partly down to the bigger map. KGCM mod has 80 more regions than the original game! But the campaign script is also a factor in slowing down turns.

In post 3 of the main download thread for version 3.0 there is a no garrison script. You can copy this to SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign and it will help speed up the game a bit.

Dave

I suppose it's a bug:

In custom battles, many factions haven't any unit available for early, high and late era. They have just mangonels and nothing else.

OT: Which is the max unit cap of the game? I suppose KGCM it's already full; therefore, in order to add new units I would have to delete some of the present ones.

-Some maps in custom battles are not working correctly, also unless on all period many units will not appear in custom battles.

-The mod is currently at 199 units in the EDU, it is not recommended to go over this number. So yes, adding any new units will mean you need to remove some.

Dave

Agis Tournas's Avatar ★ Modder-at-Arms ★

Hello Dave,
    Great Mod, I like it very much.
    I think that you have done a really impressive job!
    Thank you for this Mod.
    Just one question:
    In order to have the Mod installed correctly do I have to unpack the game?
    Or this is not necessary?

Thank you
    Agis

Agis Tournas's Avatar ★ Modder-at-Arms ★

PS:
    I have read the whole thread, but I am not sure if I must unpack the game or not.
    This is why I ask.

Thank you,
    Agis

@agistournas,

You can still install KGCM mod without the game unpacked. But you will experience a graphical problem. So you need to run the unpack all.BAT in the SEGA\Medieval II Total War\tools\unpacker folder. I hope you enjoy my mod.

best wishes
    Dave

Koljan's Avatar Senator

Hi again Dave.
    Wanted to ask another question about the turn cycle length.
    What variables effect this, other then the size of the map?
    In the future, near or far, do you think it will be possible to find a workaround for accelerating it?

Me and a friend tried playing Hotseat.
    When you add up the natural extended cycle length to KGCMs natural long cycles (even with the no garrison script) the game becomes very frustrating.

Don't get me wrong though - this is still the best mod out there, imho.

Yours,
    Koljan.

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    I don't know if you have addressed this yet (or are even planning to) but I played around with the map a little and came up with this solution for the above mentioned problem. Notice the amount of trade generated.

What files did you adjust to get the road working?

Thanks,

Mark

@Koljan,

Considering that my mod has about 80 more regions than the original game, its going to take longer to change turns. You cannot have the best of everything my friend. The choice is a much bigger epic map or a small one that is quicker to play. I know which one I prefer

@Mark,

This fix is in my build for patch 3.2, which is due for release tommorow afternoon.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; July 05, 2008 at 05:19 AM.

Dunno whether this has already been reported or not but Teutonic Knights in my game are using the shields of the Knights of Santiago. Also there seems to be some name display errors for some of the buildings in the Byzantine faction. I noticed one said "army_barracks".

Other than that it's all great stuff. I'm really looking forward to the next release, especially if it is going to add Norway into the mix in Britain. Will certainly give Scotland something else to attack instead of me all the time.