Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: Technical support thread (Version 4.2 & 4.3)

Default Re: Bug reports for the Teutonic update (22/05/08)

This is common throughout the mod, and most other mods adding in new factions. With the recent additions of the TO and the like, the mod exceeds the 21 faction limit. The game itself is stable, it just crashes if you switch from custom battle to campaign. Theres nothing to worry about tho, as this is a common bug and shouldn't interfere with anything else. If anything its just a minor inconvenience at times, but hey, its the small price you pay for a great mod.

Best mod ever! Cannot beat the stability. Still playing a modified 3.0 Byz campaign with some of the 3.1 incorporated. Anyway,

01) Looks like ..\data\ui\units\mercs is missing a .tga for calivermen. There is one for calivermen_mercs and one for mounted_calivermen, but no calivermen.

02) Same for ..\data\ui\unit_info\mercs. Missing the calivermen_info.tga

Salud,

Mark
    Last edited by CharlesMarkley; June 20, 2008 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Oops, it wasn't Scotland, it was the mercs folder

@Charles,

There are two merc folders merc and mercs. Calivermen are in the mercs units and unit_info folders.
    So they should work fine, thanks anyway.

Dave

Okay, the actual message in the system.log.txt was in the merc folder: "20:21:53.875 [data.missing] [warning] Missing unit image data/ui/unit_info/merc/Mounted_Calivermen_info.tga"

I copied it from the \mercs to the \merc and it diplays properly now, I was just notifying you for any future releases.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMarkley View Post
    Best mod ever! Cannot beat the stability. Still playing a modified 3.0 Byz campaign with some of the 3.1 incorporated. Anyway,

01) Looks like ..\data\ui\units\mercs is missing a .tga for calivermen. There is one for calivermen_mercs and one for mounted_calivermen, but no calivermen.

02) Same for ..\data\ui\unit_info\mercs. Missing the calivermen_info.tga

Salud,

Mark

is there only one type of cannon foundry? im playing turks and i only have gun smith availible giving me only bombards. When i enter the tech tree for connon foundries I only see one building
    Last edited by Derfladman; June 22, 2008 at 09:07 AM.

@Derfladman,

Thanks, I will fix this soon.

Dave

is there any way I can fix this my self? cause im eager to play. And can I continue to play my save game with the fix?

I am completely stuck with the ma-HO-sive SD cards and the zip file thing well its split in to the 3 things and I'm not allowed to put them into D:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data. I don't really know how to find: D:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data.

Can someone please give me a hand.
    The King over the water!

I also can't be arsed un-installing and reinstalling unless it's a last resort.
    The King over the water!

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derfladman View Post
    is there only one type of cannon foundry? im playing turks and i only have gun smith availible giving me only bombards. When i enter the tech tree for connon foundries I only see one building
    I noticed the same thing playing as England. In castles that I have developed the best I can get is a bombard. Fortunately, I have captured other citadels that have allowed me to build the better units. Is this intentional for this faction, or just an oversite?

Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    I noticed the same thing playing as England. In castles that I have developed the best I can get is a bombard. Fortunately, I have captured other citadels that have allowed me to build the better units. Is this intentional for this faction, or just an oversite?
    dave scarface said it was a bug and that it will be fixed. but i want to know how i can do it myself. btw, i dont think i'll find a city or citadel that has the most advanced cannon foundries

Here is how it looks in the update I am working on ATM.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    building cannon
    {
    convert_to castle_cannon
    levels gunsmith cannon_maker cannon_foundry royal_arsenal
    {
    gunsmith city requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, } and event_counter gunpowder_discovered 1 and building_present_min_level siege catapult_range
    {
    convert_to 0
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "NE Bombard" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { england, jerusalem, scotland, france, antioch, hre, denmark, spain, portugal, milan, venice, papal_states, sicily, ireland, teutonic_order, }
    recruit_pool "EE Bombard" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { poland, russia, lithuania, hungary, }
    recruit_pool "GR Bombard" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { byzantium, }
    recruit_pool "ME Bombard" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { moors, egypt, turks, }
    recruit_pool "AS Rocket Launcher" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { mongols, timurids, }
    }
    material wooden
    construction 5
    cost 4600
    settlement_min city
    upgrades
    {
    cannon_maker
    }
    }
    cannon_maker city requires factions { northern_european, timurids, egypt, moors, turks, eastern_european, southern_european, } and event_counter gunpowder_discovered 1
    {
    convert_to 1
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "NE Mortar" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { england, scotland, venice, papal_states, sicily, ireland, }
    recruit_pool "NE Grand Bombard" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { france, hre, spain, portugal, milan, teutonic_order, jerusalem, antioch, byzantium, }
    recruit_pool "NE Ribault" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { denmark, }
    recruit_pool "EE Ribault" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { poland, hungary, }
    recruit_pool "EE Grand Bombard" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { russia, lithuania, }
    recruit_pool "ME Grand Bombard" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { moors, egypt, turks, }
    recruit_pool "AS Grand Bombard" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { timurids, }
    recruit_pool "NE Ribault" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { england, scotland, spain, portugal, milan, venice, papal_states, sicily, ireland, }
    recruit_pool "NE Bombard" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { england, jerusalem, scotland, france, antioch, hre, denmark, spain, portugal, milan, venice, papal_states, sicily, ireland, teutonic_order, }
    recruit_pool "EE Bombard" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { poland, russia, lithuania, hungary, }
    recruit_pool "GR Bombard" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { byzantium, }
    recruit_pool "ME Bombard" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { moors, egypt, turks, }
    recruit_pool "AS Rocket Launcher" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { mongols, }
    recruit_pool "AS Bombard" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { timurids, }
    weapon_naval_gunpowder 1
    }
    material wooden
    construction 6
    cost 6400
    settlement_min large_city
    upgrades
    {
    cannon_foundry
    }
    }
    cannon_foundry city requires factions { northern_european, egypt, timurids, moors, turks, eastern_european, southern_european, } and event_counter gunpowder_discovered 1
    {
    convert_to 2
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "NE Culverin" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { england, scotland, france, spain, portugal, milan, venice, papal_states, ireland, }
    recruit_pool "NE Cannon" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { hre, sicily, teutonic_order, }
    recruit_pool "NE Serpentine" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { denmark, }
    recruit_pool "EE Serpentine" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { poland, hungary, lithuania, }
    recruit_pool "EE Cannon" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { russia, lithuania, }
    recruit_pool "ME Cannon" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { moors, egypt, turks, }
    recruit_pool "AS Cannon" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { timurids, }
    recruit_pool "NE Serpentine" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { france, hre, teutonic_order, }
    recruit_pool "NE Cannon" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { denmark, }
    recruit_pool "EE Cannon" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { poland, }
    recruit_pool "NE Mortar" 1 0.18 1 0 requires factions { england, scotland, venice, papal_states, sicily, ireland, }
    recruit_pool "NE Grand Bombard" 1 0.18 1 0 requires factions { france, hre, spain, portugal, teutonic_order, milan, jerusalem, antioch, byzantium, }
    recruit_pool "EE Grand Bombard" 1 0.18 1 0 requires factions { russia, lithuania, }
    recruit_pool "ME Grand Bombard" 1 0.18 1 0 requires factions { moors, egypt, turks, }
    recruit_pool "AS Grand Bombard" 1 0.18 1 0 requires factions { timurids, }
    recruit_pool "NE Ribault" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { england, scotland, spain, portugal, milan, venice, papal_states, sicily, ireland, }
    recruit_pool "NE Bombard" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { england, jerusalem, scotland, france, antioch, hre, denmark, spain, portugal, milan, venice, papal_states, sicily, ireland, teutonic_order, }
    recruit_pool "EE Bombard" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { poland, russia, lithuania, hungary, }
    recruit_pool "GR Bombard" 1 0.25 1 0 requires factions { byzantium, }
    recruit_pool "ME Bombard" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { moors, egypt, turks, }
    recruit_pool "AS Bombard" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { timurids, }
    weapon_naval_gunpowder 1
    }
    material wooden
    construction 7
    cost 8000
    settlement_min huge_city
    upgrades
    {
    royal_arsenal
    }
    }
    royal_arsenal city requires factions { hre, france, turks, hungary, russia, venice, milan, portugal, spain, } and event_counter gunpowder_discovered 1
    {
    convert_to 3
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "NE Basilisk" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { france, hre, spain, portugal, teutonic_order, }
    recruit_pool "NE Monster Ribault" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { milan, venice, }
    recruit_pool "EE Basilisk" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { russia, hungary, }
    recruit_pool "ME Monster Bombard" 1 0.18 1 0 requires factions { turks, }
    recruit_pool "NE Culverin" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { england, scotland, france, spain, portugal, milan, venice, papal_states, ireland, }
    recruit_pool "NE Cannon" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { hre, sicily, teutonic_order, }
    recruit_pool "NE Serpentine" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { denmark, teutonic_order, }
    recruit_pool "EE Serpentine" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { poland, hungary, lithuania, }
    recruit_pool "EE Cannon" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { russia, lithuania, }
    recruit_pool "NE Serpentine" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { france, hre, }
    recruit_pool "NE Mortar" 1 0.18 1 0 requires factions { england, scotland, venice, papal_states, sicily, ireland, }
    recruit_pool "NE Grand Bombard" 1 0.18 1 0 requires factions { france, hre, spain, portugal, teutonic_order, milan, jerusalem, antioch, byzantium, }
    recruit_pool "EE Grand Bombard" 1 0.18 1 0 requires factions { russia, lithuania, }
    recruit_pool "ME Grand Bombard" 1 0.18 1 0 requires factions { moors, egypt, turks, }
    recruit_pool "NE Bombard" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { england, jerusalem, scotland, france, antioch, hre, denmark, spain, portugal, milan, venice, papal_states, sicily, ireland, teutonic_order, }
    recruit_pool "EE Bombard" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { poland, russia, lithuania, hungary, }
    recruit_pool "AS Rocket Launcher" 1 0.25 1 0 requires factions { mongols, }
    weapon_naval_gunpowder 1
    }
    material wooden
    construction 9
    cost 10400
    settlement_min huge_city
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    }
    plugins
    {
    }
    }

Quote Originally Posted by dave scarface View Post
    Here is how it looks in the update I am working on ATM.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    building cannon
    {
    convert_to castle_cannon
    levels gunsmith cannon_maker cannon_foundry royal_arsenal
    {
    gunsmith city requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, } and event_counter gunpowder_discovered 1 and building_present_min_level siege catapult_range
    {
    convert_to 0
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "NE Bombard" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { england, jerusalem, scotland, france, antioch, hre, denmark, spain, portugal, milan, venice, papal_states, sicily, ireland, teutonic_order, }
    recruit_pool "EE Bombard" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { poland, russia, lithuania, hungary, }
    recruit_pool "GR Bombard" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { byzantium, }
    recruit_pool "ME Bombard" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { moors, egypt, turks, }
    recruit_pool "AS Rocket Launcher" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { mongols, timurids, }
    }
    material wooden
    construction 5
    cost 4600
    settlement_min city
    upgrades
    {
    cannon_maker
    }
    }
    cannon_maker city requires factions { northern_european, timurids, egypt, moors, turks, eastern_european, southern_european, } and event_counter gunpowder_discovered 1
    {
    convert_to 1
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "NE Mortar" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { england, scotland, venice, papal_states, sicily, ireland, }
    recruit_pool "NE Grand Bombard" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { france, hre, spain, portugal, milan, teutonic_order, jerusalem, antioch, byzantium, }
    recruit_pool "EE Grand Bombard" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { russia, lithuania, }
    recruit_pool "ME Grand Bombard" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { moors, egypt, turks, }
    recruit_pool "AS Grand Bombard" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { timurids, }
    recruit_pool "NE Bombard" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { england, jerusalem, scotland, france, antioch, hre, denmark, spain, portugal, milan, venice, papal_states, sicily, ireland, teutonic_order, }
    recruit_pool "EE Bombard" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { poland, russia, lithuania, hungary, }
    recruit_pool "GR Bombard" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { byzantium, }
    recruit_pool "ME Bombard" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { moors, egypt, turks, }
    recruit_pool "AS Bombard" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { timurids, }
    weapon_naval_gunpowder 1
    }
    material wooden
    construction 6
    cost 6400
    settlement_min large_city
    upgrades
    {
    cannon_foundry
    }
    }
    cannon_foundry city requires factions { northern_european, egypt, timurids, moors, turks, eastern_european, southern_european, } and event_counter gunpowder_discovered 1
    {
    convert_to 2
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "NE Serpentine" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { denmark, }
    recruit_pool "EE Cannon" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { russia, lithuania, }
    recruit_pool "NE Serpentine" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { france, hre, teutonic_order, }
    weapon_naval_gunpowder 1
    }
    material wooden
    construction 7
    cost 8000
    settlement_min huge_city
    upgrades
    {
    royal_arsenal
    }
    }
    royal_arsenal city requires factions { hre, france, turks, hungary, russia, venice, milan, portugal, spain, } and event_counter gunpowder_discovered 1
    {
    convert_to 3
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "NE Basilisk" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { france, hre, spain, portugal, teutonic_order, }
    recruit_pool "NE Monster Ribault" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { milan, venice, }
    recruit_pool "EE Basilisk" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { russia, hungary, }
    recruit_pool "ME Monster Bombard" 1 0.18 1 0 requires factions { turks, }
    recruit_pool "NE Serpentine" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { denmark, teutonic_order, }
    recruit_pool "EE Cannon" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { russia, lithuania, }
    recruit_pool "NE Serpentine" 1 0.2 1 0 requires factions { france, hre, }
    recruit_pool "AS Rocket Launcher" 1 0.25 1 0 requires factions { mongols, }
    weapon_naval_gunpowder 1
    }
    material wooden
    construction 9
    cost 10400
    settlement_min huge_city
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    }
    plugins
    {
    }
    }
    where is this script located?

Icon9 Re: Bug reports for the Teutonic update (22/05/08)

@dave

Found a couple if unexpected occurances you may be interested in.

Playing as England in 3.1. Land units do not seem to be able to enter the port of Wexford. If a fleet is in the port, they can board the fleet but not from the port itself. I like to stack my units waiting for a fleet on the port symbol and can do this everyelse I have tried, but not Wexford.

Secondly, I have invaded the new world and conquered a city from the Aztecs. I cannot build any units yet, but in the preview this is what I see.

While pointing at what I believe is a conquistador unit under the unit recruitment tab, the description reads "Unlocalised placement text".

Thought you might be interested.
    Last edited by Stylix; November 10, 2012 at 12:27 PM.

I found another minor one which you may already be aware of. While playing England, the Royal Armoury building is named 'royal_armoury' as opposed of course to 'Royal Armoury'. This name appears in the construction tab as well as after the building is constructed. Seems to work just fine though.

@Stylix,

Thanks for the bug reports, I tested the americas by placing an English army inside an Aztec settelment at the start. And I was able to recruit New World Cuirassers and Demi Lancers from the stone walls no problem. So I dont understand what could be causing this problem late on. Did it say that these units would be available after so many turns?

Dave

@dave

New World Cuirassers, oh that's what they are! I was able to recruit them fine once they became available but were still labeled as 'unlocalised placement text', a cumbersome name for a unit at best. They seemed to perform fine, just stuck with that name.

I paid for factions map information by my diplomat, its successful. But there is no change on the small gameplay map, It seems still black, unexplored.

New World Cuirassers, oh that's what they are! I was able to recruit them fine once they became available but were still labeled as 'unlocalised placement text', a cumbersome name for a unit at best. They seemed to perform fine, just stuck with that name.
    This is fixed in patch 3.2!

coming soon..

@dave

Thanks so much!