Page 4 of 81 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Technical support thread (Version 4.2 & 4.3)

Default Re: Bug reports for the Teutonic update (22/05/08)

nvm ya just saw it about 21 factions thanks.

nemr's Avatar Miles

I found this ghost unit in a quick battle

sudanese tribesmen ((moors))

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

While playing as the TO, I captured Stettin from the HRE. The naval unit carrack was available to be recruited. The graphic image was that of a knife wielding peasant, same for the unit description picture. I was wondering if this has been fixed in 3.1.

Indeed, they aren't any sudanese tribesmen on the battlefield.

TSD's Avatar Ordinarius

This could be a possible bug, I noticed some of the shield textures were a little "off" these are generals body guard units for KOJ (I believe they are essentially the same models etc. as knights of Jerusalem, because I noticed it on those as well.) Doesnt do it on the early period units, these I believe are High period (I never saw an issue with the Antioch units). Further more I dont know if this is a vanilla M2 issue.

Last edited by TSD; June 11, 2008 at 08:24 AM.

hmm it seems almost like this version is too buggy to start a new champion on, i guess i'll stick with 3.0 for now?

TSD's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by wngpooniii View Post
    hmm it seems almost like this version is too buggy to start a new champion on, i guess i'll stick with 3.0 for now?
    I havent really noticed any bugs. Other than the above, which for all I know may not be an issue with this mod. I do not think there are any more bugs and from my play so far there certainly are less (i.e. the King battle model doesnt disappear any more after my first king dies, and the Timurids are not invisible.)

Too buggy? It's a joke! There are just a bug with sudanese tribesmen (a unit that is not very often on the battlefield, and I think Dave can fix that very easely and quickly), and with some shield for late-era KOJ's bodyguards. I don't call a very stable mod "too buggy" for 2 details.

nemr's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Blackader View Post
    Too buggy? It's a joke! There are just a bug with sudanese tribesmen (a unit that is not very often on the battlefield, and I think Dave can fix that very easely and quickly), and with some shield for late-era KOJ's bodyguards. I don't call a very stable mod "too buggy" for 2 details.
    I think that KGC one of the most stable mods i have ever played

also sudanese tribesmen doesn`t make big problem to game>>although am not modder but i think it can be fixed easely

Nemr

I guess some people are never grateful for all of the good stuff in patch 3.1 I missed two very small bugs (that would have been in version 3.0 btw) and you call it too buggy. Clearly you have no clue of what a buggy mod is.

These bugs are so small that I will not be rushing a fix out for them. They will just be included in any future patch.

thanks,
    Dave

Don't care, Dave, your work is perfect, they are more than 2 little bugs in vanilla ! I think most of people here don't think that your mod is buggy. I can play easely for my part with those 2 details, and you know how I look to details.

I think it doesn't need any fix at all. Anyway I think we can correct the sudanese tribesmen's probelm by ourselves. Could you just tell me the path to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by dave scarface View Post
    I guess some people are never grateful for all of the good stuff in patch 3.1 I missed two very small bugs (that would have been in version 3.0 btw) and you call it too buggy. Clearly you have no clue of what a buggy mod is.

These bugs are so small that I will not be rushing a fix out for them. They will just be included in any future patch.

thanks,
    Dave
    wait hold on guys....relax. I didnt mean to put it down. Dave, I don't know if you remember but the first comment I have ever made about you and this mod was nothing but complete gratitude. I just meant that because these mods updates are not saved-game friendly, I might want to wait for 3.2 when these known bugs are fixed. so guys, dont take it upon yourselves to defend Dave, I mean nothing bad.

Default Re: Bug reports for the Teutonic update (22/5/08)

Quote Originally Posted by dave scarface View Post
    Thats the garrison script you've discovered for Russia the script only fires at 2 settlements the capital "Kiev" and "Novgorod". If you don't like the garrison script and think its to hard see post 3 of this thread for a campaign script.txt that does not feature the garrison script LINK NOT SAVE GAME COMPATIABLE. The garrison script should not just be seen as a cheat for the AI. Its purpose is to protect the most wealthy and important settlments in the campaign. And it presents much more of a challenge, which is what this mod is all about.

best
    Dave
    Hi Dave, is this no garrison script compatible with 3.1 as well?

thanks,

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

all bug I think is
    1.some ship appear in small lake(what the hell can they do?)
    2.ship have wrong picture
    3.a ghost unit(not important)
    3.wrong appear with late body guard(I haven't see it)
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

I might want to wait for 3.2 when these known bugs are fixed.
    You are only assuming there will be a patch 3.2. Right now I have no more plans for another patch. Notice how I included a small update to the americas in patch 3.1? That was because I will not be working on anymore big updates. So I included what I wanted to do with the americas in the patch for version 3.0. There will certainly not be a version 4 of this mod. But if there are a few bugs to fix that deserve another patch then you shall get one. Atm there is only the sudanese tribesmen bug. Also I am not sure those shields look the same in vanilla? Maybe in a month or two there will be a small update to tidy things up a little. In the meantime enjoy the mod for a while and continue to give me feedback on any bugs you find.

Dave

Right, I don't see what a new version or elaborate patch could bring else. A mod is like the church, semper reformanda, but this time I think we are near the perfection of the first christians !
    As far as I played, I haven't seen another bug.
    The isn't a way to fix that ourselves?

Okay, here is a small fix attached for sudanese tribesmen. Simply place the updated MODELDB file inside the unit_models folder. Though since this will not work with a saved game I hardly think it is worth it personally. Apply this fix at your own discretion. This small bug fix will also be included in any future patches.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; September 14, 2008 at 07:34 AM.

Thank you!
    Are you sure that it will not work with a saved game? It doesn't change anything on the map.

not really a bug, more a spelling issue.

the Faction Heir of the Teutonic Order should be called Ordens Meister, not Orden Meister.

not sure if this is a bug or just my install. in the main menu, every time i click custom battle, go back, go to grand campaign, my game auto exits. like wise, every time i go to the grand campaign, go back, go to custom battle, the game crashes and auto exit. its not a big deal relaly cuz I almost never use custom battles. i only used it to test the stats of some units