Page 3 of 81 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Technical support thread (Version 4.2 & 4.3)

Default Re: Bug reports for the Teutonic update (22/5/08)

Quote Originally Posted by dave scarface View Post
    Here you go, I attached the kingdoms display fix to this thread. Basically you only needed this ui folder (which includes 3 SD files) in your unpacked data folder. So if you dont know how to unpack its not a problem. In this attachment you will find a data folder, copy the ui folder into your main game D:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data. So this ui folder must be in your unpacked data folder.

Dave
    ok.. How do i do all of that? sorry im not good with files and such..

Could you add pictures?

Does this look how its suppose to be? (this is in the data folder..)

Last edited by ckmucha; June 03, 2008 at 02:43 PM.

Okay here goes.. first off you need to unpack the zip file you downloaded. Left click once on the Kingdoms_display_fix.zip to select it. Once selected right click on it and click on Extract Here.

You will now have a new folder unpacked called data on your hard drive, double click on it and you will see a folder named ui inside it. Copy this ui folder to SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data. Thats it!

Dave

Thanks for reporting this I was actually gonna replace the Timurids with the Teutonic Order before I finally got my new faction symbols done. Hence I forgot to change the ownership back to the Timurids of these units in the MODELDB file. This will be included in patch 3.1!

Dave
    thanks for the response, so will the unpacking of display stuff fix this problem? or should i wait for 3.1

thanks for the response, so will the unpacking of display stuff fix this problem? or should i wait for 3.1
    No, that does not fix this bug. You will have to wait for patch 3.1 which will be along soon.

thanks,
    Dave

is it a bug that I can have 110% catholic and still have religious unrest in my settlements?

@wngpooniii,

Thanks I really appreciate your feedback, it is impossible for me to play and find all of these problems myself.

I will go back to the settlement mechanics from the original game then to be safe. If any of my changes have some unexpected side effects I will remove them immediately. I want there to be not 1 bug left in this mod!

Dave

Bob the Insane's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by wngpooniii View Post
    is it a bug that I can have 110% catholic and still have religious unrest in my settlements?
    Family members can have traits that cause religous unrest...

The info screens don't display the names for higher end updates like the artillery the last one doesn't say ballista in the info, also the numbers aren't displayed right say by the third update on a town barracks u get the max units though as u go down the line the numbers fluctuate and generally make no sense, also they don't give any xp buffs or anything as far as i can tell which means there comp useless as a whole, thats why u will find on other factions if the upgrade doesn't give u more units then it gives u more numbers and starting xp for units so there is still worth for building that upgrade.
    Also the two peasant archers in Koenigsberg are upgraded to copper from start but still say they can be upgraded and do upgrade to silver not a big deal just something I noticed, also if u have an agent or general clicked and move the camera over water to another land mass the camera will stutter like crazy for no apparent reason.

what I've noticed so far will update more as i go along, also as a side note, I know u redid the map per say, but the actual way the mini map in game looks just feels wrong, maybe it's just me iono, the blue just seems way to bright and makes it look funky as a whole, also it's kinda weird Lithuania and Russia are basically the same color, anyways thanks for your time
    Last edited by deadlyshadow187; June 05, 2008 at 02:34 AM.

The info screens don't display the names for higher end updates like the artillery the last one doesn't say ballista in the info
    This is not a bug, I deliberately made ballista recruitable only at the ballista range. When you upgrade to the catapult range they are no longer available. Same with catapults not at the siege works. The idea is to have everyone building the latest technology leaving the old behind.

also the numbers aren't displayed right say by the third update on a town barracks u get the max units though as u go down the line the numbers fluctuate and generally make no sense

Again intended, for instance a Spear Militia will become less and less available as better barracks are built. Along with my recruit priority offset settings this helps ensure that the AI recruits the latest and best units in its armies. Also if you look at the barracks tree you cant see the hidden gun powder units which are required at certain building levels. However in saying all of that there could be a few numbers that are inconsistent in my EDB. I will look into it.

also if u have an agent or general clicked and move the camera over water to another land mass the camera will stutter like crazy for no apparent reason.
    That is only normal there is slowdown if you have an agent selected and you scroll on the map. This is due to the bigger map, and cannot be fixed. But it isn't really a problem at all because it can be avoided easily by not selecting characters when you move.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; June 05, 2008 at 03:17 AM.

Dave, I've found numerous trade resources that are too close to rivers / forests / mountains and are impassable to merchants, mostly in the HRE. May not be worth the effort to fix, as they still provide the settlement income, just not trader access.
    Last edited by Pode; June 05, 2008 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Forgot: And a Pony! :)

Dave, I've found numerous trade resources that are too close to rivers / forests / mountains and are impassable to merchants, mostly in the HRE. May not be worth the effort to fix, as they still provide the settlement income, just not trader access.
    These are small bugs from Bigmap I never changed these regions, but I have fixed them anyway

Dave

Default Re: Bug reports for the Teutonic update (22/05/08)

Ic well ty for the response I will keep what u said in mind for any future nuances I might come across, side note the archers didn't notice they were peasant archers look just like the Prussian so dismiss that one in all honesty it's looking just about perfect good job thanks for the awesome mod.
    Last edited by deadlyshadow187; June 06, 2008 at 02:24 AM.

Another thing I'd also like to mention, new users of my mod often don't like how I removed secondary fire from archers and artillery at first. But if you just accept my changes and get yourself used to them. You will actually find battles in this mod to be much better and far more realistic than they were in vanilla.

Dave

I'm having an issue with the unpacker, just a quick question do u unpack each separately, or simply unpack all because for some reason it seems to crash my system when i go into battle, gonna try and reinstall see what happens, just figure I'd ask thanks.

To unpack your game find the tools folder from your main medieval II total war directory and then look in the unpacker folder. Thats SEGA\Medieval II Total War\tools\unpacker. You will see a few batch files in this folder. The one you want to click on is the unpack_all.bat. Before the unpacker runs it will ask you 3 questions type Y for each one. Once this starts it is normal that it takes about 20 minutes. When done look in the data folder SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data and you will see all of the files unpacked. There are now 2 files you must delete otherwise you will get crashes at the battle loading screen. Again in the SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data folder find the 2 geography files descr_geography_new.db and descr_geography_new.txt

Dave

That deff answer's my question ty, figured I was simply overlooking something, thanks again for your time, appreciate it.

nemr's Avatar Miles

i wish to delete topic above because it seems that ctd from my downloading way

>>>>applay patch over kingdom grand campaign mod 2...!!

and forget that grand campaign ((teutonic update )) in m flash momery not

hard disk

sooorrry

TSD's Avatar Ordinarius

Thanks for reporting this I was actually gonna replace the Timurids with the Teutonic Order before I finally got my new faction symbols done. Hence I forgot to change the ownership back to the Timurids of these units in the MODELDB file. This will be included in patch 3.1!

Dave
    Sweet, (I just encountered this bug) was checking to see if it was previously reported before I posted.

any way to make Antioch playable when i put the file into end playable, it comes up with bio map info what not but it just won't start, or maybe switch out Jerusalem with Antioch or something.

Check out my guide for making Antioch playable. I've made it a sticky thread so it does not fall of the first page again and you guys can always see it.

Dave