Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: Technical support thread (Version 4.2 & 4.3)

Default Re: Bug reports for the Teutonic update (22/5/08)

No mate, the main mod download was updated on 22/5/08. There is no need for those patches or hotfixes anymore, you can delete them. I released these as Beta's to check they worked for everyone. When I had time to do it I updated the main download again.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dave scarface View Post
    Yes if you are using the kingdoms display fix, thats where the ui folder goes

good luck!

Dave
    Do you need to add the io command (at work, can't remember what it was) for running unpacked files if you do this? I tried putting the display fix (the UI files and a new UI folder, as one didn't exist before as it was unpacked) and I still saw screen corruption.

Mark

No, you dont need to do the io command. Just unpack the main game and delete the 2 unpacked geography files. Also I am not sure why the display fix didn't work, it has for others. You must have placed it incorrectly.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dave scarface View Post
    No, you dont need to do the io command. Just unpack the main game and delete the 2 unpacked geography files. Also I am not sure why the display fix didn't work, it has for others. You must have placed it incorrectly.

Dave
    Sorry, but I think you misunderstand. I did not unpack anything.

Hi dave,

I'll fairly new to unpacking, can you give me a route directory for the MED II files that need to be unpacked/deleted as I can only find the kingdoms file to unpack, which I undersatnd i shound'nt upack these ones.

thks

@brousell,

See my instructions for this fix on the previous page. Basically you unpack the (kingdoms display fix) RAR file, and copy the ui folder from inside it to your main game D:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data folder. Its easy stuff, if you do this there is no need to worry about unpacking the game.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; May 24, 2008 at 03:47 AM.

Awesome!!

I re downloaded the mod and it ran. I had to get the unpacking done of the ui folder but once that was done it ran great.

Dave you made a wicked mod man, that i think is better than the original grand campaign.

the only thing i find is that it runs a little slowly, i wonder if thats the game or just my laptop telling me it cant handle

oh and there was a debate earlier about adding or changing the factions, you made the best choices here, besides templars are far more fun to play than hospitalliers!
    Last edited by Councillor; May 24, 2008 at 05:05 PM.

@Councillor,

Thank you for downloading my mod and I hope you will leave me some feedback.

P.S. which faction are you going to play first? I know thats a tough question

Dave

Teutonic knights!!

by far the best faction. ever since shogun came out ive loved the total war series. having played every faction from the original campaign, ive found then each to be most fun, but the Holy Roman Empire were my favourite to play, due to their most impressive units, and the fact that from their location in the middle of europe, you attack virtually anybody.

but the teutons look awesome. ive got a triple alliance with poland and hungary to watch my back, but lithuania is pretty powerful. i can already see the difference in the AI as in 44 turns, ive taken the baltic north of danzig (6 regions) and theyve only minsk. (when normally i would have at least 10 more territories at 44 turns. the fact the this is longer and harder makes this mod excellent.

what youve done is excellent, even the small things like the the papal states actually joining the crusade to attack cairo, along with retinue for generals like, "Duke of Visby" or "GrandMaster of Teutonic Knights". all in all an excellent job.

it seems a little slow on the loading screens though, is the just my processor or is it something i should expect to continue?

either way i continue joyfully on, Im thinking KOJ and the Templars next

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

Do you know what happen to me Dave?
    I can't understand what is this after install your version 3
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

@vietanh797,

You obviously didn't read page 1 of this thread

Btw great to see you have finally managed to download this update.

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

thank you for reply
    I have a bad day I lost in a match(in a FPS competition)so I don't even try to read page1.I am so sorry for trouble you
    I will tell you if this work
    another side of this I have tried 3 more times last night(it seem around 9h-12h PM GMT) then I got your mod complete after all.
    This is hard but I will try to find some where to upload your mod if it done I will post download link back to this forum to help all who have trouble with file front like me.
    p/s: I don't understand English much
    could you tell me what is "btw"
    last question: I think that you need to tell us how to unpack the game to avoid this happen with another mod or another version of your mod
    Last edited by vietanh797; May 26, 2008 at 04:28 PM.
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

Patokay's Avatar Miles

I came across a small bug again. I was being besieged. I attacked with an outside army without success. Then I accepted the ransom offering. The same screen came over and over, each time taking my money. Only by declining the ransom I could continue playing...

But that's the only thing so far, after many... many hours.

Greetz

Pat

Dear Dave,

I have followed your mod for a while and I'm playing it happily now. However I came across 1 annoyance which I cannot explain.

In the first post is stated that entering the grand campaign and then switching back to custom ends in a CTD.

However when i enter custom, setup 2 random field armies the game goes loading and when the battlefield shows up i get a CTD. Any idea what this could be? (Fresh install + 1.5 + ui fix)

I have no issues (thusfar) playing field battles/sieges on the campaign map.

Regards,

Zwelgje

nemr's Avatar Miles

i noticed that some Knights units have 120 horses ((Soldiers))

is it bug or not....?

I am grateful to you for this wonderful Mod
    Last edited by nemr; May 30, 2008 at 09:02 AM.

Nope these are not bugs, both the Constable of Jerusalem and svenner have 120 horsemen, exactly like they did in Kingdoms. The Constables and Marshall of the templars are special units and only recruitable from the Kings stables (although you do get a unit of them at the start). Thanks for checking with me though, I do appreciate all feedback.

Dave

I think I have found a bug.

Im using the Teutonic Order fighting against russia. A few times this has happened, that when I see their garrison is almost empty or half empty, as soon as I lay siege, it becomes full!

for example, One time I was laying siege to a Russian city (novogot? or seomthing), their reenforcement came and attacked my army. I retreated the first time. Their garrisoned army and the reenforcement army pursued and attacked my army again, I had to fight. I managed to win and now their reenforcement and the garrisoned army are gone. The next turn, seeing that the city is almost empty, I attacked it again. To my surprise, it got full instantaneously. again, this happened almost everytime I attacked a Russian city. I dont recall this happened when I fought the Lithuanians, so I dont know if it is a Russian bug.

Actually, is that a bug at all, or by design that Russians will always have a full garrison when attacked?

Thats the garrison script you've discovered for Russia the script only fires at 2 settlements the capital "Kiev" and "Novgorod". If you don't like the garrison script and think its to hard see post 3 of this thread for a campaign script.txt that does not feature the garrison script LINK NOT SAVE GAME COMPATIABLE. The garrison script should not just be seen as a cheat for the AI. Its purpose is to protect the most wealthy and important settlments in the campaign. And it presents much more of a challenge, which is what this mod is all about.

best
    Dave

Here's an interesting bug. While playing as the TO, the Timurids attacked a remote town that I didn't garrison a lot of units in. Needless to say, I got pwned. But look at their army. all of the models are missing! its an army of ghosts. no wonder i lost.

Thanks for reporting this I was actually gonna replace the Timurids with the Teutonic Order before I finally got my new faction symbols done. Hence I forgot to change the ownership back to the Timurids of these units in the MODELDB file. This will be included in patch 3.1!

Dave