Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31567172737475767778798081
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1620

Thread: Technical support thread (Version 4.2 & 4.3)

Default Re: Technical support thread (Version 4.2 & 4.3)

Hello, I played Spain. 50 turn, Denmark turn and crash... What is wrong?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by blodhemn View Post
    Here is what I get. If this mod simply doesn't work anymore, someone please let me know.
    Hi
    I had the same problem
    Just delete "battle.sd, shared.sd and strategy.sd" in the "kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod/data/ui folder
    Worked for me

This forum is probably dead as there haven't been any posts in several months, but I'll chance it. I have triple checked that everything was pathed correctly during install, but I'm still seeing one major issue. Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but, from Dave Scarface's old posts, I'm under the impression that the Mongols are supposed to be of the pagan religion, and this change was imposed before the 4.2 patch. However, in my game, they are islamic. Everything seems to function fine, but this detail really bothers me. Am I simply overlooking a post that said they were made islamic? Am I misinterpreting something? Do I need to install the patches from before 4.2? Hope there's still someone who checks this place. Until then, I'll keep attempting to fix it on my own.

Hi,
    i have here the file, there fixes the Mongolian Halbardier texture bug and the texture bugs of the swords from the norwegian Gotland Footman =)

No Garrison Script. replace to Medieval 2/Mods/Grand Kingdoms Campaign/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial campaign

replace

You are my god, I've finally found the goddamn fixes.
    Thank you very much
    Many years have passed and many posts are out of date.

i have a problem in wich steam tells me i have medieval II: total war kingdoms installed but when i try to install kgcm 3.0 it says that it says that it requires medieval II: total war kingdoms
    ps in game it also dosnt apear any different
    pps i have on steam total war: medieval II - definitive edition

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrmetapod2 View Post
    i have a problem in wich steam tells me i have medieval II: total war kingdoms installed but when i try to install kgcm 3.0 it says that it says that it requires medieval II: total war kingdoms
    ps in game it also dosnt apear any different
    pps i have on steam total war: medieval II - definitive edition
    Does an error message pop up that says so upon attempting to launch the mod? If so, follow the steps in this video I made a few years ago
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC5GJxAWgcc
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Just downloaded and installed 3.0, 4.2 and 4.3 patches. Everything works smoothly and there's no crashes or bugs in gameplay, however:

1. Norway, Wales, Mongols and Novgorod are missing

2. Princesses do not come to an age. Family tree shows them as generic characters and they can't be used as an agents

Any recommendations? With those two little things fixed it would be absolutely perfect.

My mod work good! I just wished they added more settlements but it is ok.

Hey guys, does anyone know or have the old display fix link? i have the cd version and the display for the armies and cities are a mess. I had this problem some years ago and there was a display fix and it corrected the problem. I read the thread where Dave put it in 4.2 I believe unfortunately its not working. If not the old display fix maybe a suggestion on how I can get this game to work? thanks C.I.

zercopiteco's Avatar Libertus

Norway and Denmark does not have dismounted feudal knights on the great campaign, any ideas??
    Last edited by zercopiteco; June 23, 2019 at 04:05 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Thanks for the work in putting this great mod altogether like this. But, for the first time every using this mod, my battle HUD is whited out, in all full and minimal versions, and I can't find any responses to all the folks who have had the same problem over the years. Thoughts?

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Gig has more articulate solutions, but mine is to trash the three .sd files and anything associated with them in name from the data/ui folder in the mod.

Blog Entries

Apply the 5.0.002 patch if you are using the new version (5.0), else apply my 'block graphic' fix. If you think the pic in there looks familiar then don't look further then here.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 07, 2019 at 07:13 AM.

Hi,
    I got a problem in version 5.0 with graphic during the battle ( I can not see a icon of all my army and icon of movement ) . I would like to add that in version 4.3 I do not got this problem so could you give me a solution or some kind of idea what I could fu...
    In version 5.0 I already installed patched : 5.0.002 patch .

Karl

Blog Entries

Are you using the new version? The 5.0.002 patch will not work properly with the old version.

Please provide a screenshot as well as I am not sure what graphic elements you are talking about. It could be that you have set your battle UI to minimal and that the green selection arrows under the soldiers have been switched off.

Indefinitely Banned

I've installed KGCM 5.0 + 5.0.002 patch, but I'm getting an white battle hud, I can see only a few unit cards. Campaign hud is fine.

Besides that, I'm getting poor fps, this game is old, I have an FX-6300 cpu, 16GB of RAM and an RX480, this should be more than enough to play this game at high settings.

EDIT: I managed to fix the white battle hud by removing the ".sd" extension from the battle.sd file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\kgcm\data\ui

But the poor performance continues, any suggestions?
    Last edited by p.s.y.c.h.o; December 03, 2020 at 12:14 PM.

Blog Entries

The block graphic fix is here.

The FX-6300 clocks at 3.5GHz so it's not an issue of available processor speed (game uses only one core)
    Which means it will be down to RAM (2GB used only by game)

The method to increase that to 4GB to alleviate the issue also modifies the executable file which means I can't give you a link to it (see ToS), but you should be able to find that fairly easy.

In the meantime reduce unit details and shadow detail in the graphic options.