Thread: 0.7 Economic feedback

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default 0.7 Economic feedback

Please post any feedback on how the economy is in 0.7 here, e.g. is it too easy/hard to make money, differences in early/late game etc.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Default Re: 0.7 Economic feedback

Still speaking about my current campaign game, sorry if its boring.

Its 511 UAC, I own Italy, Medionalum, Patavium, Genua, Corsica, SArdinia, Massilia, Segestica, all of Sicily and Aquincum and begin to make a lot of money every turn. I must have the equivalent to 4 armies (full stacks), perhaps 5, and 4 fleets of 3-4 trirremes each. I think I can raise a pair more armies and begin true offensives (and historycal) over the sea against CArthage and Spain.

Macedonian campaign. Once you own Greece and Illyria/Balkans, cash flows crazy, as usual. Taxei Hoplitai are now worthy units for protecting the flanks of the Phalanx. Great. Also, you can buy tons of mercenarian greek hoplites and also thracian units for shock missions. When you are able to build good cavalry, the flanks can be very agresive while the phalanx anchor the enemy line...

Where would you say you're getting most of your money from, trade or through taxes?
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

Macedonian campaign, 523 AUC, 21 regions controlled, Population over 320.000, Automanage taxes only ON, over 240.000 gold pieces owned actually.

Last turn income from

farming: 12814
    mining: 6124
    trade: 50399
    taxes: 17493

I have the feel that trade income is boosted a lot thanks to owning the Colossus of Rhodes (40% is said on map).

Yeah Colossus of Rhodes does provide a big boost. I might have to tone down trade though as you're making an absolute ton from it.
    Creator of:

Im doing pretty well with money as Rome, i took the rest of italy and some of gaul, making atleast 7000 denarii per turn sometimes as high as 10000, i have lots of trade rights and most of my cities has high tax rates although i lower it if they are unhappy, money isnt a problem at all.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Money is no prob,if you are careful,but when boxed in like Baktria and Seleucid goes to war,you lose your trade west as Seleuicid lands block everything pretty much. I play on M & V/H and survive,but scarey at times to pay for everything,but it seems fair.

With current Campaign:

Finances:

Territory:

Theoretically i can upkeep another 61 Principes,Quite alot.....
    Last edited by MemnonOfRhodes; October 04, 2009 at 12:14 PM.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Rome does quite good in income as access to Mediteranean Sea,and sea trade is good for income. If landlocked,I play Baktria,you get in serious trouble unless you expand quickly. farming and mining and sea trade are best. Frogbeast does a good guide in The Guild about economics. Depends on your settings also,I can't recall figures,but easy gives a bonus to income and VH penalties. Medium is no change. Becasue your cities are close you can tax quite high,but for me..lol I am lucky on high without revolts! When you go to war with a sea power,ie Greece and blockades start you will feel the pinch of economics,so use funds wisely even they seem cool at present.