Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 0.7 Bugs and Issues

Default Re: 0.7 Bugs and Issues

i thought i would also post the Carthaginian skin issue here as well its just a helmet and shield problem nothing epic

I get a CTD, complete with a windows error, when playing as the Selucids, migrate my generals and army to Opone, take it over and make it selucid (turn one, some cheating involved). I can end turn once. but the second end turn crashes me. or the fourth, or the third.... but once the crashing starts I cannot move on, and the last save will consistently crash. should I send you it?

EDIT:

I got around the CTD by giving away all my land that was about to rebel to random factions. This allowed me to continue to turn 3. I cannot say if this is because they were about to rebel, or because the ai broke, or what... but it did solve the problem (for now).

I wonder if any of the other CTDs are related to this kind of issue, except happing away from the player's lands so no one sees it.

Further EDIT:

Few turns later upon loading a battle from the campaign map with a rebel army right outside of Opiana. Their Army consists of Mercenary War Elephants, Sparabara, Pontic Heavy Cavalry, and Archers. Upon reload, battle occured just fine.
    Last edited by Daykeras; January 02, 2009 at 08:44 AM.

I have had problems with crashes as well only when fighting Epirus, mostly Pyrrhus of Epirus, no error message, when i loaded the game back up and redid the battle attempt it played fine. Once i got Epirus out of Italy and made peace with them i have taken the rest of italy, sicily, those two islands next to italy, and part of gaul without a signle crash, it must be something with Epirus.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Missing cas files for Numidian Warriors causes game crashes,so you can't play Numidia with them in battle. Data files are in the old TE 5,so I will grab them and install to vs 7. For other players I will try to help with missing files causing crashes. Updating later..2.40am and I need sleep..heh ^_*.

Quote Originally Posted by Private Clark View Post
    I have had problems with crashes as well only when fighting Epirus, mostly Pyrrhus of Epirus, no error message, when i loaded the game back up and redid the battle attempt it played fine. Once i got Epirus out of Italy and made peace with them i have taken the rest of italy, sicily, those two islands next to italy, and part of gaul without a signle crash, it must be something with Epirus.

There is a problem with some Epirus units,look at earlier posts here to see at post #46-50ish OK. Lusted has installed some patches there for unit probs.
    Last edited by Kylan271; January 16, 2009 at 09:45 AM. Reason: updating

what the hell is that purple spot?
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

That is a bad pixel on the map and my guess would be map_ground_types.tga. Lusted made a new map and may not be aware of some of these showing up.

playing as the selucids , i'm leaving the teritories in the east so i can let parthia expand ; they rebel , i go on with my game and after 3-4-5 turns ctd ; this was in 5.0 , 5.1 also.
    @ conqistador , the AI is often buildind watchtowers on those purple spots and just camp there with some armies, it doesn't spoils the game as far as i played
    @ hopit , i got those missing textures also but i didn't have non moded rome as base for the 7.0 ; after i installed rome 1.5 and 7.0 the textures r ok. i also presume u have 1.6

...and yeah the numidian warrios is missing the .cas

ps the marian reform it didn't happend so far , 5 turns after i've completed the palace
    Last edited by Chicano; March 16, 2009 at 02:06 PM.

I am not sure about Marian reforms as not played Rome fully to that level. Pink spots are parthian campfires,nothing to worry about heh. Yeah prob on maps,but have no bad effect so far. Not sure CTDs caused??? Darth Divus has tried to fix probs,but retired some what,due to new job as with Lusted before,so difficult to fix everything sorry. He is still around,but not as active as much,from what I can gather??? Hopefully he can be kidnapped from his busy schedule. ^_* . Anyone with spare cans of beer...???? Maybe pizza???
    Last edited by Kylan271; May 03, 2009 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicano
    ps the marian reform it didn't happend so far , 5 turns after i've completed the palace
    i think you must have more than on imp. palace. My brother is playing TE too and the reforms occurred after he built two imperials.

Roman Cohorts ownz in TE Gold!

Welshman25's Avatar Centenarius

Playing as the Romans, I get random CTDs when starting a battle from the campaign map. By "random", I mean that if I restart the game after a crash, load my campaign, and try the battle again, it works. Sometimes it works the first time (without crash and without restarting the game).

If it helps, all battles this has happened to have been Rome (me) vs Epirus. The crashes happen on offensive and defensive battles, as well as siege and non-siege.

Also, Greek Hoplites (at least in custom battles) don't seem to have the ability to go into a phalanx.

Now when I try to load a campaign it shows the load screen and then goes back to main menu. In custom battles, when I'm on the army setup screen and I click the continue arrow (which should start the battle), it takes me back to the faction selection screen.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

have you done any changes?

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

hopit is that question for me?

if last post before you were 30 days ago, so I think yes

If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Ok, no I haven't made any changes to the beta.

try installing it again, if that don't work re-install rtw and mod

Greek hoplites I don't think have phalanx check unit UI when pausing gaming and see?

no, hoplites don't make the vanilla RTW phalanx coz it's histrically incorrect... they use overhand phalanx formation... but they're yet a good infantry...

OK(rolling the eyes)...Darth Divus seems to have retired from both ModRealms and here??? Lusted also gone,lol. Have to find way to either fix DD's Extreme Mod which keeps crashing(ironic a Mod to fix bugs is bugged),or fix probs seperate for TE Gold,and use concepts from Extreme Mod perhaps???? I will try if I can as I don't think I will retire soon(barring the wife)???

TE Gold fixes(will update)

Files
    A) descr_model_battle

1. Change Sprite for heavy_horse_archer to Scythia from Britons

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

type heavy_horse_archer
    skeleton fs_s1_hc_archer, fs_hc_swordsman
    indiv_range 40
    texture scythia, data/models_unit/textures/lusteds_heavy_horse_archer.tga
    model_flexi terrae_expugnandae/data/models_unit/heavy_horse_archer.cas, 8
    model_flexi terrae_expugnandae/data/models_unit/heavy_horse_archer.cas, 15
    model_flexi terrae_expugnandae/data/models_unit/heavy_horse_archer.cas, 30
    model_flexi terrae_expugnandae/data/models_unit/heavy_horse_archer.cas, max
    model_sprite scythia, 60.0, terrae_expugnandae/data/sprites/te_scythia_heavy_horse_archer_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

2. Change cas for barb_guard_warrior,the webb_helma_javelin_longshield.CAS was used in RTG Mod,and superior. Not sure if meant to be Webbird's correct CAS,as I can't see cas files,so experimenting,but vast improvement-shield full not flat and helmet more natural.

type barb_guard_warrior
    skeleton fs_javelinman, fs_s1_slow_barbswordsman
    indiv_range 40
    texture britons, data/models_unit/textures/unit_celtae_hastati_lhj.tga
    texture gauls, data/models_unit/textures/unit_celtae_hastati_dhj.tga
    model_flexi_m data/models_unit/webb_helma_javelin_longshield.CAS, 15
    model_flexi_m data/models_unit/webb_helma_javelin_longshield.CAS, 30
    model_flexi_m data/models_unit/webb_helma_javelin_longshield.CAS, 40
    model_flexi data/models_unit/webb_helma_javelin_longshield.CAS, max
    ;model_flexi_m terrae_expugnandae/data/models_unit/webb_blade_javelin_longshield.cas, 15
    ;model_flexi_m terrae_expugnandae/data/models_unit/webb_blade_javelin_longshield.cas, 30
    ;model_flexi_m terrae_expugnandae/data/models_unit/webb_blade_javelin_longshield.cas, 40
    ;model_flexi terrae_expugnandae/data/models_unit/webb_blade_javelin_longshield.cas, max
    model_sprite britons, 60.0, terrae_expugnandae/data/sprites/te_britons_barb_guard_warrior_sprite.spr
    model_sprite gauls, 60.0, terrae_expugnandae/data/sprites/te_gauls_barb_guard_warrior_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f

B) export_descr_buildings

1. Remove "eastern, parthia," and replace with "eastern," as parthia is eastern anyway!
    2. Remove "pontus,, egyptian," to "pontus, egyptian,"

C) descr_strat

1. Amyrgia is Dayuan!
    ;Amyrgia ;Wrong-Dayaun! Checked coordinates
    character sub_faction scythia, Sarduri, general, age 20, , x 338, y 177
    army
    unit te barb horse archers exp 6 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
    Last edited by Kylan271; August 17, 2009 at 12:51 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast