Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 0.7 Bugs and Issues

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: 0.7 Bugs and Issues

Yes I am thinking it's related to the speech changes as testing Epirus in custom battles results in no crashes.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Well, another highly funny game session (2 hous)and its 504 AUC and haven't seen a single CTD yet.

I have fought a few battles in Sicily against Carthage and rebels. All of it belongs to Rome now (Lilybaeum was taken -and exterminated- when their defenders were crushed in a battle, when sallied in hte last turn of the siege). Corscica and Sardinia have been taken to Carthage - autocalc, occupy one, exterminate the other- and all gone ok.

In the North, in Cisalpine Gaul, a few battles against rebels in the open. Now my armies are going to take Segestica to Gaul and then will attack Epirus.

I'm feeling that Epirus was/is causing the CTD problem I found very early in the game too.

Be interesting to see if there are similar problems with the Baktrians, as they've also had some changes in the pre battle speech file.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

Hi Lusted,

I have noticed that elaphra phalangithai:
    - have square shadows in close view
    - have square shadows in far view and the soldiers dissapear. The pikes remain visible all the way...

Well, its 511 uac and no more CTD at the moment.

Hmm, probably a problem with their sprites or something, will take a look.
    Creator of:

I Just began a campaing as Epirus and all gone ok with no CTDs. I don't understand why my roman campaign suffered so many CTDs before...

BTW, the Short victory conditions for Epirus are hold 15 cities and survive/exterminate Macedon and... Baktria! It must be Macedon and Rome IMHO.

Ah yes I know why that is. And it was the speeches for Romans v Epirus and Baktria that were changed, so your reports of crashes when fighting as Romans v Epirus would support the idea of that file being the problem.
    Creator of:

I like the new icon better than the old desktop icon, Lusted. :-)

The new icon pwns

I'm getting random CTDs in custom battles. If I load up an army of Romans, for example 1 velites, 1 hastati, 1 principes, and 1 triari, and then load up the custom battle about six times, about 1 to 2 of those times results in a complete CTD with no error message. At first I thought there was a missing sprite or something, but, no matter which combo of Roman units I select, I get a random CTD about one out of five or six loads. The loading bar goes all the way to the end, and, just before the "scroll opening sound" begins and the general starts to talk, it crashes. Could this also be related to the pre-battle speech issue?

UPDATE: This is definately a problem. I installed TE Beta .7 on a fresh, vanilla installation of RTW 1.5, no other mods at all. I load up a custom battle, and play it...it works. Load another...same army, crashes to desktop, no error message. I then did a test with the same exact army:

1 Roman Armored General
    1 Imperial 1st Cohort
    9 Imperial Cohorts
    2 Praetorian Cohorts
    1 Heavy Cohorts
    2 Infantry Aux
    2 Archer Aux
    2 Cav Aux
    (this is my standard imperial army, 20 units)

Enemy is 2 of each of the first row of Epirus, plus their general unit (20 units).
    I loaded up a custom battle, worked. Loaded another, same battle. Worked. Did it a third time, crashed. Reloaded. Same thing, after a few tries, it crashes.

I then did the exact same Roman army, but this time with Carthage, same setup as Epirus, 2 of each of their units across the top row of their roster. And the same thing happened again, the battle usually loads, but try it a few times, and it crashes.

I then though maybe it was a problem with my PC. I loaded up vanilla....works fine. Also note that I play RTR all the time, and I play M2TW every day, and never have a crash, so, this is definately not my PC.

The only thing I can think of is it must be general speeches???
    Last edited by Candelarius; May 28, 2008 at 08:25 PM.

Yes I'm thinking so. If the loading bar goes all the way to the end it at least means it isn't the old crash bug back which I fixed ages ago in 4.0 or something.
    Last edited by Lusted; May 29, 2008 at 03:19 AM.
    Creator of:

Yup, the bar goes all the way to the end. Normally you immediately hear a "scroll opening" type little sound, and then the general immediately begins his speech. The crash happens as soon as the bar stops moving and immediatly (how many times can I use that word in one paragraph?) before the little "opening" sound begins.

Hey,

I really like the mod a lot . I want to start a campaign with Numidia but whenever I have a battle, campaign or custom battle the game crashes to desktop with a error message reading:

Error: Filename doesn't exist : terrae_expungnandae/date/models_unit/numidian_warriors.cas

Just thought I'd let you know so you can maybe fix it or give a advise on how to get around it.

thanks

I found something, may or may not be intentional though. Shouldn't the "c" in AUC be capitalized, even when spelled out?

Quote Originally Posted by Loki 448 View Post
    Hey,

I really like the mod a lot . I want to start a campaign with Numidia but whenever I have a battle, campaign or custom battle the game crashes to desktop with a error message reading:

Error: Filename doesn't exist : terrae_expungnandae/date/models_unit/numidian_warriors.cas

Just thought I'd let you know so you can maybe fix it or give a advise on how to get around it.

thanks

Which unit did you select for the custom battle?

Deathbypepsi's Avatar Foederatus

I had a similar epirote based issue. when i started an epirus campaign i launched an offensive and tried to take cannae and capua in one turn. would've got away with it too if it wernt for those pesky CTDs.
    it occured halfway through loading the capua battle- like miki, just a clean CTD. something wrong with converting the brutii to epirus (i think thats the swap).
    "What? In Mercia? the coconut is tropical!"
    Editor of the Athenian chronicle- a respectable newspaper based on ROP v2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbypepsi View Post
    I had a similar epirote based issue. when i started an epirus campaign i launched an offensive and tried to take cannae and capua in one turn. would've got away with it too if it wernt for those pesky CTDs.
    it occured halfway through loading the capua battle- like miki, just a clean CTD. something wrong with converting the brutii to epirus (i think thats the swap).
    The loading bar didn't go all the way across?

EDIT: Nevermind, you already said it didn't.
    Last edited by Candelarius; May 30, 2008 at 11:24 AM.

Deathbypepsi's Avatar Foederatus

nope, as i said, it got about half way and died. i had the starting army with a few changes but nothing dramatic like my own units. Its probably an epirus issue
    "What? In Mercia? the coconut is tropical!"
    Editor of the Athenian chronicle- a respectable newspaper based on ROP v2.2

@Loki, I know why that is, 0.8 will fix the problem.

@Candelarius, according to wiki the c is meant to be lower case.

As for the crashes, Im' looking into them but my first hunch regarding them wasn't right as far as I can tell, so will need to do more investigating.
    Creator of:

Early roman centurions lack shields (Hastati, Principe and Triarii units) and, when fighting, they also lose their swords (I'm sure Hastati and principes, but not sure 100% about Triarii). Shields are always missing, but I think that swords remain and dessapear depending on the animation.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast